2024 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

It was 2-6 too.
He didnt have a choice. His partner left him out there due to shall we say "an emergency"
LOLOL.. My son literally had the same "emergency" on Sat. Luckily we were a 3-some so I just jumped in my other son's cart.

Finished up the weight cut at 10 lbs down for the 10 weeks. Time for a break then will start it again.

Hit a plateau this past week and hitting it even harder this week. Diet has been locked in and slowly increasing the exercise

Well, my knee injury and my doctor’s orders to stay off my feet for 4-6 weeks has led me to doing a LOT of sitting. And that’s led to 5-10 MORE pounds.

So during one of my extended internet browsing sessions, I was reviewing my Medicare supplement plan benefits and decided to see what the Silver Sneakers program was all about. Turns out I could join the local Y for no cost at all. And, I have $360/year in miscellaneous coverage for equipment, training, etc.

So being now 1,000% fed up with being way overweight and scarfing down tons of meds for BP, Cholesterol, etc. I went today and joined up. Also bought a package of 15 personal training sessions.

In my orientation meeting with my PT we tried a couple of aerobic machines that I can use that put no strain on my knees. Next at my first working session we will put together a plan for a weight training circuit.

I have aggressive goals for the remainder of the year. I’m looking to lose at least 20% of my body weight (I could stand to lose more but this seems realistic), and get off of all of my BP and Cholesterol meds. Will report back here from time to time with progress.

Well, my knee injury and my doctor’s orders to stay off my feet for 4-6 weeks has led me to doing a LOT of sitting. And that’s led to 5-10 MORE pounds.

So during one of my extended internet browsing sessions, I was reviewing my Medicare supplement plan benefits and decided to see what the Silver Sneakers program was all about. Turns out I could join the local Y for no cost at all. And, I have $360/year in miscellaneous coverage for equipment, training, etc.

So being now 1,000% fed up with being way overweight and scarfing down tons of meds for BP, Cholesterol, etc. I went today and joined up. Also bought a package of 15 personal training sessions.

In my orientation meeting with my PT we tried a couple of aerobic machines that I can use that put no strain on my knees. Next at my first working session we will put together a plan for a weight training circuit.

I have aggressive goals for the remainder of the year. I’m looking to lose at least 20% of my body weight (I could stand to lose more but this seems realistic), and get off of all of my BP and Cholesterol meds. Will report back here from time to time with progress.
Good for you!

There are plenty of solid reasons to be exercising But friendly reminder that you cannot out exercise a bad diet. The fork matters more than the gym.

If you are an oatmeal in the morning person but tired of oatmeal, I highly recommend these chickpea oats. I bought them on a whim and they are fantastic! I tried the maple flavor this morning, adding 1 scoop of protein powder, 3/4 cup of coconut milk and about 1/3 cup of blueberries, delicious! To me they have the texture of cream of wheat.

If you are an oatmeal in the morning person but tired of oatmeal, I highly recommend these chickpea oats. I bought them on a whim and they are fantastic! I tried the maple flavor this morning, adding 1 scoop of protein powder, 3/4 cup of coconut milk and about 1/3 cup of blueberries, delicious! To me they have the texture of cream of wheat.

i am an oatmeal person, but this sounds like a good change of pace. I’ll check it out. Thanks!

Good for you!

There are plenty of solid reasons to be exercising But friendly reminder that you cannot out exercise a bad diet. The fork matters more than the gym.
Good advice. I am working on that too.

I Googled it and found it for what appears to be $11 a meal. Are you able to get it for less?

My in-laws are in town. My mother-in-law does not understand that I am good with a couple of meals a day, don't need a snack every hour, and have been eating healthy. She's informed my wife that she isn't feeding me enough. I am having to bob and weave my way around her to avoid unnecessary food. She just sent my niece up with some sort of pastry while I am working upstairs in my office because she was worried that I hadn't eaten since lunch an hour ago.

My in-laws are in town. My mother-in-law does not understand that I am good with a couple of meals a day, don't need a snack every hour, and have been eating healthy. She's informed my wife that she isn't feeding me enough. I am having to bob and weave my way around her to avoid unnecessary food. She just sent my niece up with some sort of pastry while I am working upstairs in my office because she was worried that I hadn't eaten since lunch an hour ago.
Tell her that if you get to where you need BP and Cholesterol meds, you’ll let her pay for them.

Still keto strong. About 4-5 weeks now. Have lost 12 pounds. Had one cheat. Went to see best friend since about 2nd grade. We went out one day along with my wife and his girlfriend. He kept saying man if you weren't doing keto, there is this awesome sandwich place. I said okay one cheat for you all. Had an amazing spicy chicken sandwich with the best pickles ever. The fries were top notch also. Oh yeah, also had a baked potato with a nice steak too. Hard to believe only gained a pound over the three day weekend.

The fat's getting stubborn, so now it's game on.

Starting today: After-dinner chocolate is out. When the current OJ container is empty: No more OJ with the morning protein bar. No more home-made goodies on weekends. Upping the daily activity levels. Eighteen hour interval fasts on non-post-weight-training days.

This is war!

@bigbov @Joshnoble01
Weekly update?

I had a small procedure done today which will limit my food intake but GG made me cookies because they were soft and she is awesome

@bigbov @Joshnoble01
Weekly update?

I had a small procedure done today which will limit my food intake but GG made me cookies because they were soft and she is awesome
Haha, if ever there was a reason to have a fresh cookies this is the reason.

Going well. I thought I was going to gain weight while my in-laws were here. I am still chipping away at my 2-2.5 pound rate the last week.

I mostly dodged my mother-in-law's food while she has been here and didn't miss any workouts. My wife is out with her brother at the beach right now and MIL just made chicken and rice and I only grabbed chicken and some spinach. I think it crushes her soul when I only am taking the protein and ignoring rice or noodles.

I will say, we had Jameson's first birthday party this weekend and had a a bunch of comments on slimming down. Pretty much anyone who hasn't seen me in a month + made a comment. Felt good.

Haha, if ever there was a reason to have a fresh cookies this is the reason.

Going well. I thought I was going to gain weight while my in-laws were here. I am still chipping away at my 2-2.5 pound rate the last week.

I mostly dodged my mother-in-law's food while she has been here and didn't miss any workouts. My wife is out with her brother at the beach right now and MIL just made chicken and rice and I only grabbed chicken and some spinach. I think it crushes her soul when I only am taking the protein and ignoring rice or noodles.
Tell her it’s because you want to see your child grow old and not because you don’t want to walk Ballyhack.

but that’s awesome.

@bigbov @Joshnoble01
Weekly update?

Still plugging away and still no alcohol. I rec’d my 2XL hoodie from @Thrillbilly Jim today and it’s close to fitting. I wouldn’t have even been able to get it on a month or 2 ago. Just putting it on today motivates the heck out of me. LFG boys!

Still plugging away and still no alcohol. I rec’d my 2XL hoodie from @Thrillbilly Jim today and it’s close to fitting. I wouldn’t have even been able to get it on a month or 2 ago. Just putting it on today motivates the heck out of me. LFG boys!
#XLorBust

keep it up!

Back