A Man Hitting from the Red Tee. Post your thoughts.

I've always believe people need to play from the tees that allow them to enjoy and have fun playing this game .

When I belonged to a club , I played from every tee box to give different looks and yardages to practice from

The course should stop calling them "ladies" and "men's" tees.

I play all five tee boxes. Forward Tips to Back Tips. And I am 100% man

I think this just about nail it. If anything, put a handicap rating on each tee box

I love playing from all distances just so you put yourself at different yardages, especially if it is a course that you play frequently.

I'd rather see someone play forward than back. My UPS driver is a scratch golfer who won the Southern Cal HS championship and was player of the year here back in the 80s. He has told me that anytime I want to come play with him and I told him I won't play from the blacks. He told me I can play from any tee I feel comfortable with which, for me, are the whites.

It will make the game more fun, speed it up, and lower ur scores. Sounds like a blast to me! Do what makes u happy!

It really shouldn't matter what color the tees are but I can certainly understand a men's league not wanting to play from 5100 yards.

That is way too short. I personally would find that just as irritating as playing from 7100 yards.

However that being said in your free time play whatever the hell you want .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Play the tees that fit your game, my Dad is 84 and has been playing the Red tees for awhile now.

Play the tees that fit your game - labeling tees is ridiculous. Our league has a rule that you have to be 70 or older to use the "gold" or senior tees, and 80 or older to hit from the "red" tees. I think this is silly since many of the "gold" tee players can beat the "white" tee players head-to-head from any tee, and hit the ball longer with every club.

Play whatever you want and makes the game most enjoyable for you. After all, it is just a game that we play for fun and it plays absolutely no part in putting food on our tables.

Doesn't matter where anyone plays from. I have played all four sets of tees this year and my wife plays all but the tips. Play from wherever, it doesn't matter!

Honestly, as someone who predominantly plays as a single, I'll generally play from whatever tees the rest of the group I'm with plays from. Unless it's over 7k yards... Then F that

Just curious as to why you would play all 5 tee boxes? Not criticizing, but just curious.

I know now my men's club often has tourneys wherein we play different boxes, is that what you do?

Just curious as to why you would play all 5 tee boxes? Not criticizing, but just curious.

Not to speak for Blu, but why not? It's like having access to 5 courses in one.

Not to speak for Blu, but why not? It's like having access to 5 courses in one.

Yah I get that, do you and your party tee off from the front? I have just never seen it, ever. I'm not against it, play where you want, but I have never seen a man play from the front. I think the poster who said they should remove calling the tees, "men's and ladies" is correct. That would make it more acceptable for those who would have a problem with it.

I say play play from wherever you want, just enjoy yourself.

ken

I know now my men's club often has tourneys wherein we play different boxes, is that what you do?
This isn't directed at me, but I also play all of the tee boxes. Usually the whites and blues but oftentimes I play the golds and reds, especially when my wife and I have our date nights.

I challenge you to play from your forward tees and shoot par or better. If you can't, then they are obviously not too short.

I try to play the tees whose slope is 142 minus my handicap. I don't care what color they are.

If I was a member at a club I would do the same. I would play the tees that bring the most trouble into play off the tee the most often. I would play every set available to challenge my game and my mind. I'm 95% man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I try to play the tees whose slope is 142 minus my handicap. I don't care what color they are.

Why? Meaning, how did you come to that conclusion?

This isn't directed at me, but I also play all of the tee boxes. Usually the whites and blues but oftentimes I play the golds and reds, especially when my wife and I have our date nights.

I challenge you to play from your forward tees and shoot par or better. If you can't, then they are obviously not too short.

Lol, I understand. But you have said if I can't shoot par from the fronts then they are not too long, that's not a good analogy. Can you shoot par every time from a par three course? I wasn't making this about me, was just curious as to why people play all five boxes, the date night example was awesome!

I really do enjoy when my men's club moves the boxes around, it changes our course dramatically! Again, for the OP, play where you want (as long as it doesn't violate men's club tourney rules). Have fun!!!

I've never heard that before but I like it! Will try to keep that in mind.

Someone taught me that and it tends to be about right.

Champ 72.6/136 6717
Club 71.8/134 6511
Gold 68.6/125 5889
Red 69.5/120 5120

These are the rating/slope and yrdages for my coarse. What do you play and how to come to conclusion?

I am a 9.5. I play the club tees and don't look back.

I am a 9.5. I play the club tees and don't look back.

So are you try to get a reduced slope number to 132? Is that the number you are shooting for?

Back