Adams Speedline Super XTD Fairway and Idea Super XTD Hybrid

Very nice, but what is a 3T? And what badass shaft is that?

Kmac, 3T has 16 degrees of loft, instead of 14.5. I hit the 14.5 a little lower than I liked. 3T is perfect for what I need.

The shaft indeed is badass. It is USPG BlackOps in soft X-flex. I have it in my driver as well.
i am planning to write up a short review, but so far it has been a great spin killer shaft for me. Smooth but stable.

Had my maiden voyage today with the XTD 14.5* FW and lets just say the RBZ Tour is FS haha. I used it twice off the tee and was 1/2 and only missed the 2nd one because I ran it through the fairway into the first cut, once off the deck from a extreme side hill lie where the ball was about 5inches above my feet and I hit a mid trajectory draw that put me in good position for my 3rd into the par 5. This is for sure easier to hit off the deck than my RBZ was and that is the main reason it is staying in the bag! It is long too, was seeing some very very good distance from it especially off the tee. Love the muted sound, overall I am very happy so far and I am playing 18 in the morning so I will have a lot more chances to use it.

Had my maiden voyage today with the XTD 14.5* FW and lets just say the RBZ Tour is FS haha. I used it twice off the tee and was 1/2 and only missed the 2nd one because I ran it through the fairway into the first cut, once off the deck from a extreme side hill lie where the ball was about 5inches above my feet and I hit a mid trajectory draw that put me in good position for my 3rd into the par 5. This is for sure easier to hit off the deck than my RBZ was and that is the main reason it is staying in the bag! It is long too, was seeing some very very good distance from it especially off the tee. Love the muted sound, overall I am very happy so far and I am playing 18 in the morning so I will have a lot more chances to use it.

wow - that is great 10 yard. I am hunting for a 3 wood right now and the RBZ and the Adams are at the top of my list.

wow - that is great 10 yard. I am hunting for a 3 wood right now and the RBZ and the Adams are at the top of my list.
Not sure why it is but the XTD for me is just much easier off the deck. Both are fantastic off the tee but from the turf is really where I want my fairway wood to shine.

Not sure why it is but the XTD for me is just much easier off the deck. Both are fantastic off the tee but from the turf is really where I want my fairway wood to shine.

Makes perfect sense man. I will closely look at both. Thanks for the update.

Well it was a sad morning on the tee box on hole #2, remember I have only played 9 holes with this and hit probably 4 shots with it and maybe 5 on the range and the first shot today with it the weight screw in the sole came loose:banghead: I had to finger tighten this weight after every single shot just to make sure I did not loose it all together. I have contacted Blind9 and Adams about the issue and waiting to hear back. From what I was told when Dennis was able to track this one down for me is that Adams is OUT OF STOCK on the XTD head so hopefully they can just fix the weight and I do not need a new club. Other than that I was hitting this awesome off the deck today!

Since Adams never contacted me back after 3 emails and a phone call which they were suppose to call me back but never did I fixed the loose weight myself. Unscrewed it all the way and took it out put some epoxy on the threads and screwed it back in and just happen to have a buddy who had a tool that fit in 2 of the 3 holes so I got it good and tight. I also cut it down from 43" to 42.5" today. Since fixing it myself I have played probably 5 rounds with not 1 problem with it coming loose.

Since Adams never contacted me back after 3 emails and a phone call which they were suppose to call me back but never did I fixed the loose weight myself. Unscrewed it all the way and took it out put some epoxy on the threads and screwed it back in and just happen to have a buddy who had a tool that fit in 2 of the 3 holes so I got it good and tight. I also cut it down from 43" to 42.5" today. Since fixing it myself I have played probably 5 rounds with not 1 problem with it coming loose.

Nice to hear that you got it taken care of 10yard. It stinks that you had to do it yourself and that Adams never got back to you. Glad you got it fixed though bro.

Been meaning to come in here and give a little love the Adams XTD Super Fairway. Ive had the 14.5* 3W in the bag for a maybe two months now and have been hitting it really well. First swing I ever took with it went down the left side of the FW for a nice 240. After that its been pretty good. Until the last 3 rounds. I bet Ive average about 245-250 with it lately. Its just been beastly. Sure some of those were the perfect downhill tee shot that ended up 275 or like when I played with Thainer I got one for 293. But Ive also had some pretty flat ones end up 250 too. I think the head and shaft are phenomenal together. So much so that the 5W is on its way. Its a great club.

That's great Kevin. This has been a very impressive looking club from the beginning. I bet some killer deals can be found on them right now, as well.

That's great Kevin. This has been a very impressive looking club from the beginning. I bet some killer deals can be found on them right now, as well.

I was able to get the 5W for $199 which is the best I could find out there. These things were crazy expensive when they came out but with a titanium head and killer shaft I guess it makes sense.

I was able to get the 5W for $199 which is the best I could find out there. These things were crazy expensive when they came out but with a titanium head and killer shaft I guess it makes sense.

Yeah it was definitely a premium offering.

Im still loving these fairway woods. Ive hit bombs with them for the last 3 rounds and hit the 5W well on its first voyage onto the course. The 3W is approaching driver length for me and on two separate rounds I hit it multiple times longer then any driver I had on the day. Super hot face and a real deal shaft = awesome.

Hi TC. You know you want one.

super_xtd.jpg

LOL, I really do dude, but they ain't cheap and they aren't easy to find. I love the shaft that comes in it. This gentleman that I play with around here has the 3wood and 2 hybo's and he loves them.

Ive given thought to adding the 4H but it just doesnt fit my bag. I love the 3 and 5 metals though.

Ive given thought to adding the 4H but it just doesnt fit my bag. I love the 3 and 5 metals though.

Unfortunately my 5 metal is a permanent fixture in the F5, but I am lusting over that 14.5* 3 metal.

Unfortunately my 5 metal is a permanent fixture in the F5, but I am lusting over that 14.5* 3 metal.

Both are lust worthy and booted the Mashi right into my hoard pile, F5 included.

Both are lust worthy and booted the Mashi right into my hoard pile, F5 included.

Interesting. I sure would love the chance to hit them man.

My 19* XTD Hybo was beat out by the F5 in a BAD way. Now it collects dust, kinda sad really.

Also, TC, I've got the Fubuki hybo shaft out of it in X, if you ever want it, just holler.

I picked up the 19* XTD hybrid and this thing is the best hybrid I have ever hit. Long - smooth. Not sure if it is the Fubuki shaft but I am debating on picking up a backup. The golfball just explodes off the face,great distance. I don't hit it long, but those that do could use this as a great off the tee replacement. I am looking to also pick up the 3 wood - although I have heard issues with the weights falling out.

My 19* XTD Hybo was beat out by the F5 in a BAD way. Now it collects dust, kinda sad really.

Also, TC, I've got the Fubuki hybo shaft out of it in X, if you ever want it, just holler.

Thank you for the offer but I don't know what I'd put that in at this point dude.

Thank you for the offer but I don't know what I'd put that in at this point dude.

Oh I know, was just throwing it out there for future reference.

I need to pull my VTS out of the 19* and sell it while I can still get some decent cash out of it.

Back