ANNOUNCEMENT AMA - Ask me Anything About THP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay here goes.

We had an experience where a person got fit for a driver. They loved a certain brand and were fit to another. The results were not close. I mean 20 yards of difference and dispersion 100% better. Yet every 3 holes they would grab the other club and kept blasting them out of bounds. The fit worked. It didnt hurt that their brand and club head was a turd, but it was hysterical. Two days after event, went right back to old driver and said it was feel. All good by me.
No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

Who is your favorite Professional Golfer that currently plays? Can't pick Tiger, it's gotta be an ACTIVE guy on LIV or PGA.
Probably Adam Hadwin, because we are friendly.

Where do you see Wilson Golf five years from now? Doing more of the same or will there be a turnaround?
Change. Lots of it. Its coming and its enjoyable to watch.
More is needed, including some on the personel side if I am being honest.

what do you see as the biggest current challenge facing amateur golf? biggest opportunity?

Have you ever considered having Golden Ticket winners go on a factory tour of some sort, filled with obvious traps to test their trustworthiness, with the end goal of finding one to achieve greatness ( I dunno the parallel here… be in the Grandaddy?)?
No.
I mean dont get me wrong, we have done many factory tours with THPers. Ball plants, shaft manufacturing by True Temper, UST Mamiya, Project X, Callaway HQ tour, Srixon tour, etc etc.
But we think our Experiences this year specifically are about as tough to beat as anything in the world.

Its not a bad hole, its just not a wonderful looking finishing hole, especially coming off of 17 which is awful, but so different from a scenery perspective.
I'd be okay never playing 17 again.

How much of the Albatross Club money goes to… J/K

Are there any plans for events (other than the Grandaddy) at non-Dormie courses?
No. Nothing comes close to the service/course/food and hospitality currently offered and its not even close.

Hmmmm. Depends what we consider a now gone club company. Are Adams or Nickent gone?
Yes… I am hearing Adam’s may be gone again soon as well. Lol

Not if you skim.

I read it as skimmers suck because they make the Brad's of the world not want to post detailed reviews etc since no one reads them

Anyway not a big deal

Are you still in touch with Snell? It just popped into my head, thinking there was an event with them years back.

shaft up. iirc the heads have been for different oems in different years. just curious how that decision is made.
This is a deeper question and some dont love the answer, but we test.
Danny and I independently as well as some others. We know what we are after, which is a fairly large matrix for fitting to go along with performance, speed, etc.
We then get together and discuss in detail and Danny talks about what he is seeing, and I do the same and then we choose. It is typically the best performing head that exists or 1a and 1b.

Its not a bad hole, its just not a wonderful looking finishing hole, especially coming off of 17 which is awful, but so different from a scenery perspective.
Im Offended GIF by HULU

I’d like to know more about how you arrived at such a diverse set of shafts in your bag.

I think you noted once a regular or senior in a driver and stiff in irons.

I get that different shafts bend and measure stiffness differently but it seems hard to control such a disparity, more so if the driver is ultra light and irons are conventional around 110gms?

Thanks!

I'd be okay never playing 17 again.

i know they wanted to do the Hell's Half Acre tribute thing, but 17 would be better as par 4 ending below the wall.
that'd open up more options for making 18 into a more memorable finishing hole by turning it into a par 5 with the teeing area in the spot of 17s green.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back