Android Phone Thread

Really don't have any negative things to say about it so far, everything is so much better than my s4 haha. The camera looks incredible I must say and of course the screen size im loving. I'll admit I'm using the stylus a ton, not sure if it's because it's new to me and it'll fade out but honestly it's just convenient and fun with all the stuff you can do with it haha. Im multitasking like a madman and have seen absolutely no signs of any slowing or bogging. The initial reviews said the screen was one of nicest out and I'll agree it's so vibrant and nice to look at. Just little things like being able to change the grid layout on the home screens with touchwiz is a nice touch and I'm glad they tweeked it. Time will tell obviously and I really didn't have too many issues with the s4 but everything about this is great haha.
Battery life was so bad on my s4 as well. I get well over twice the life with the Nexus that I did the s4, and the note 5 life is supposed to be significantly better than the Nexus.

Battery life was so bad on my s4 as well. I get well over twice the life with the Nexus that I did the s4, and the note 5 life is supposed to be significantly better than the Nexus.
Im definitely seeing a significant increase haha

I've been a note guy since original release. The non expandable storage and non removable battery is killer. So much so that I am really hesitant on grabbing one.

I've been a note guy since original release. The non expandable storage and non removable battery is killer. So much so that I am really hesitant on grabbing one.
It'd annoying how hard it is to find those nowadays. It's just about the G4 only.

It'd annoying how hard it is to find those nowadays. It's just about the G4 only.
I almost went to the g4 or the m9. I waited because I always went back to the note. The release of s6 and s6 edge almost promised the similar design for note 5, but I waited hoping it was not the case. Very disappointed and now lost looking for a new device lol

I almost went to the g4 or the m9. I waited because I always went back to the note. The release of s6 and s6 edge almost promised the similar design for note 5, but I waited hoping it was not the case. Very disappointed and now lost looking for a new device lol

Ever heard of the One plus One or something like that?

My wife told me about it. Apparently a ton of people she goes to the UofU with has them and all love them. She said it was crazy fast.

That or the Saygus V2, if they released it yet. I haven't looked

My wife told me about it. Apparently a ton of people she goes to the UofU with has them and all love them. She said it was crazy fast.

I definitely need to look around and broaden my horizon. I've been a samsung fan for quite some time so pretty much starting from scratch

I think the one plus 2 is out.

The Sony Xperia Z5 premium looks pretty stellar as well

I was on that fence too but after thinking about how much storage I actually used on my s4, dropping the sd hasn't been bad for me personally. I didn't max my 32gb s4 and went with 64gb note so im hoping I'll be set haha. Like I.mentioned before the battery life has been pretty good so far, I think they made it run efficiently for the stuff they packed in. Charges quickly too but I would like to try the wireless charger just to see what's up. You should still consider I think dude, it may not be quite the deal breaker. However I could be completely wrong tho haha maybe you're a power user.

I was on that fence too but after thinking about how much storage I actually used on my s4, dropping the sd hasn't been bad for me personally. I didn't max my 32gb s4 and went with 64gb note so im hoping I'll be set haha. Like I.mentioned before the battery life has been pretty good so far, I think they made it run efficiently for the stuff they packed in. Charges quickly too but I would like to try the wireless charger just to see what's up. You should still consider I think dude, it may not be quite the deal breaker. However I could be completely wrong tho haha maybe you're a power user.
I have to do a lot of my business stuff on my phone and I like to keep pics and videos of my kids on my SD card. I could make the internal storage work but I really hate MTP lol.

The 1+2 is really good for GSM folks. Those of us on Verizon/Sprint so not get that luxury.

The 1+2 is really good for GSM folks. Those of us on Verizon/Sprint so not get that luxury.

I've heard Verizon may have it soon...just a rumor though from what I can tell

So I got my Project Fi invite and I really want to try it out but don't want to pay the early termination fee to break my contract with Verizon. Hoping there is another way to make the switch and try this out.

Jumped from my G3 to the Note5. Liking it so far and need to get into the stylus options. Removable battery and SD card wasn't a deal breaker obviously as I don't keep a lot on it and cloud backup my picks.

G4 just wasn't enough difference for me and I wanted something different I guess. Battery life has been good so far. Went with the 32 version.

Dreaded TouchWiz but they have improved a lot from what I remember.

Jumped from my G3 to the Note5. Liking it so far and need to get into the stylus options. Removable battery and SD card wasn't a deal breaker obviously as I don't keep a lot on it and cloud backup my picks.

G4 just wasn't enough difference for me and I wanted something different I guess. Battery life has been good so far. Went with the 32 version.

Dreaded TouchWiz but they have improved a lot from what I remember.
Im liking the changes they made to touch wiz. I have a few launchers but haven't switched to them yet as I'm giving this a good run through. I mentioned some of the short cuts or multitasking they added the other day and another example of that is when someone calls, it doesn't fill the screen or take away from what im doing or looking at. Im liking the box that comes up in the corner with options and I can continue on doing what I'm doing haha. Like the little additions like that my s4 didn't have

Is it something new where if you are on a text or something with a number and just raise the phone to your ear it calls the number?

Just something little that I think is great.

Is it something new where if you are on a text or something with a number and just raise the phone to your ear it calls the number?

Just something little that I think is great.

Not to new, i had that function on my old S3 running 4.3. I used to use it a lot though, getting half way through a long txt then just stop and put the phone up and ring was great.

My phone isn't 6 months old yet but that new Sony sounds pretty sick!!

I kind of want to preorder the moto X pure

I kind of want to preorder the moto X pure
Seems like a really solid deal. I actually prefer motos builds to the metal phones right now. But I'm the outlier there.

It seems so so similar to the Nexus. So so camera, solid battery, big screen. They seem to be competing with themselves.

I'm waiting to hear more about the new Nexus 5 from LG
Me too. Interested in what HTC is presenting on Sunday too. Contract ends first weekend in November so research is about to kick in to overdrive.

Me too. Interested in what HTC is presenting on Sunday too. Contract ends first weekend in November so research is about to kick in to overdrive.
That new Z5 Premium deserves a look. Very very impressive.

Back