Android Phone Thread

That new Z5 Premium deserves a look. Very very impressive.
That's the new Sony right? Yeah it is impressive

The Sony will get a look if Verizon carries it. However it doesn't look likely

From CNET

But the introduction of the Xperia Z5 highlights a problem with getting its smartphones into the US market fast enough. Sony is still waiting to get the*Xperia Z4v*to the market through Verizon, even though that phone will essentially be a generation old by the time it's made available.

"Its announcement makes the Xperia Z4v obsolete before Verizon even gets it on shelves," Greengart said.

A Verizon spokesman declined to give a specific release date for the Xperia Z4v and didn't comment about carrying future Sony devices. A T-Mobile spokeswoman said there were no plans to carry the Z5 phones.

A Sony spokeswoman wasn't available to comment on whether the new phones would make it to the US.

The Sony will get a look if Verizon carries it. However it doesn't look likely

From CNET

But the introduction of the Xperia Z5 highlights a problem with getting its smartphones into the US market fast enough. Sony is still waiting to get the*Xperia Z4v*to the market through Verizon, even though that phone will essentially be a generation old by the time it's made available.

"Its announcement makes the Xperia Z4v obsolete before Verizon even gets it on shelves," Greengart said.

A Verizon spokesman declined to give a specific release date for the Xperia Z4v and didn't comment about carrying future Sony devices. A T-Mobile spokeswoman said there were no plans to carry the Z5 phones.

A Sony spokeswoman wasn't available to comment on whether the new phones would make it to the US.
Makes Motorola look that much smarter for their technique with the moto x PURE.

Last edited:
Personally I would be cautious with a phone from Sony, just seems to me that they haven't spend much effort developing Android phones.

Personally I would be cautious with a phone from Sony, just seems to me that they haven't spend much effort developing Android phones.
Not sure that is true, their last few devices have gotten great reviews, and I think they do very well overseas. They are supposed to have a very close to stock Android experience.

Not sure that is true, their last few devices have gotten great reviews, and I think they do very well overseas. They are supposed to have a very close to stock Android experience.
Yeah makes sense about the overseas releases. Sony just doesn't come to my mind when thinking of an Android device but that's just me.

I think they really dropped the ball with the Z4 and are trying to rectify everything with the Z5. And, as for now, IMO, they've potentially hit a home run. It checks all the boxes for me anyway. And, I'm AT&T, so I don't have Verizon worries.

I think they really dropped the ball with the Z4 and are trying to rectify everything with the Z5. And, as for now, IMO, they've potentially hit a home run. It checks all the boxes for me anyway. And, I'm AT&T, so I don't have Verizon worries.
Got it. I really have no clue about Sony phones might be because I have always had Verizon and they don't seem to be offering them.

Have to get a new phone today. I have a S4 that I am still using, but I have to get a new one so I can give my son mine before school starts.

G4, S6 or Note 5? Is any one really better than the other? I really don't do much other than take photos, social media, tapatalk and the occasional game...

Have to get a new phone today. I have a S4 that I am still using, but I have to get a new one so I can give my son mine before school starts.

G4, S6 or Note 5? Is any one really better than the other? I really don't do much other than take photos, social media, tapatalk and the occasional game...
The note 5 solves the s6 biggest issue in battery life. It should have the best life of the bunch. It is definitely the best phone spec wise out of the bunch if the size works for you.

The note 5 solves the s6 biggest issue in battery life. It should have the best life of the bunch. It is definitely the best phone spec wise out of the bunch if the size works for you.

I was kinda leaning that way. Wasn't sure if I wanted to stay samsung or not. Is the camera comparable to the G4? I hear thats the best

I was kinda leaning that way. Wasn't sure if I wanted to stay samsung or not. Is the camera comparable to the G4? I hear thats the best
Probably the two best cameras available, per reviews I've read.

Probably the two best cameras available, per reviews I've read.
I'm really surprised with the camera actually, it's fantastic! The reviews were spot on

We are both eligible for our upgrade, but we're going to try to stretch out our S4's for another year if we can.

I went form S4 to S6 and love it, battery has lasted all day (6am to 10pm) every day except once in the last 3 weeks that Ive had it

We are both eligible for our upgrade, but we're going to try to stretch out our S4's for another year if we can.

Yeah I'm actually fine with my S4, but my son is entering middle school this year and we have decided that he needs a phone since he is walking home solo. I am not buying him a new one so he gets mine and I get a new one.

Walked in to store all set to get a G4 and guy tells me I can get $200 bill credit IF ItrI get a Note 5. Catch is I have to trade in my phone which means I have to get a new one for my kid. But they do have one called the samsung core Prime for only $6/month. That should be good enough for him no? Hmmm

No brainer?

Amazon has Nexus 6 on sale for $349 & $399. I'd link but on phone.

Yeah I saw that and it is a great price. Kinda wish I waited but I got mine through Verizon. Really want to try Project Fi

So now it's a direct competitor with Moto X Pure.

Hey so ive been told a few times some third party car chargers are junk. Need 2 for our S6s....any recommendations?

Hey so ive been told a few times some third party car chargers are junk. Need 2 for our S6s....any recommendations?
I would check out Anker you can get them on Amazon. I got one of the Quick Chargers from them and it has been great.

The problem with most third party chargers us the output amperage. Most are 1 amp, but I've seen a few that are 0.5 amps. You need a 2.1 amp charger, that's the bottom line. The only one I could find locally was a universal hub that had 2 1 amp ports and a 2.1 amp port so I bought it and hard wired it into my truck.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

The problem with most third party chargers us the output amperage. Most are 1 amp, but I've seen a few that are 0.5 amps. You need a 2.1 amp charger, that's the bottom line. The only one I could find locally was a universal hub that had 2 1 amp ports and a 2.1 amp port so I bought it and hard wired it into my truck.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Yep this. I searched a ton for a charger that would give me the same time as the stock one but they were hard to find in stock. I just ended up paying for a replacement through Samsung for mine. Definitely over priced lol

Back