Are You an Angry Golfer?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't mean necessarily throwing or slamming clubs, but rather short fuse that gets angry pretty often?

Eh, not really.... not even when people are in joggers and hoodies on the course

Used to be. Now I just laugh at my horrible golf play

I don’t have a short fuse, but I will admit to getting frustrated when mistakes pile up and I’m not able to successfully do the things I’ve been practicing. But I like to think those moments are few and far between.

Ever since I stopped swearing, my cap has gone down. I've learned to appreciate every moment on the course regardless of the weather, who I play with or the shots I wish I could have played differently. Golf is a way to relax for me..

nope. i couldnt play if I got mad at every bad shot.

Very easy going, however it's not uncommon to hear me after a bad swing say oohhhh Tom.

Not at all. Anger in any form is one emotion that I do not feel playing golf. I have no fuse. I took a hiatus from golf from 2009 to 2016. When I returned to playing in 2016, I did so with the desire to enjoy every round of golf no matter how I play. These last six seasons have been very enjoyable. Golf is a recreational activity for me. I am very happy that I am able to play a game that I love.

I used to be, but I've come to terms with the fact I am never going to be great. Now it's more about enjoying the day, the round & the company.

I can say some pretty awful things to myself. It’s more out of frustration than anger and usually arises when I either try a hero shot and end up in as bad a spot or worse, or one where I simply lose focus. Bad part is I’ll know I’m not in the shot but will go ahead and hit it anyway.

No, not at all. Nothing that happens on the golf course is worth getting angry about imo.

If anything, I'm just a happy person, who likes golf.

I'm happy when I pull a good shot off, and I just grin, and shake my head when I hit a poor shot. Some days I shake my head a lot.

I can honestly say if I had a short fuse, from past life expiriences, I probably wouldn't have made it to my 25th birthday.

I keep it inside and let it go immediately.

I get frustrated and let off some expletives but can reset for the next hole without a major issue.

I'm generally pretty easy going but I'd be lying if I said I don't get a little upset from time to time. Try to let it go instantly but it still happens.

I used to get pretty angry but in the past several years I started just laughing it off.

Generally the really, really angry golfers are more using golf as an excuse to work out rage issues unrelated to golf than they are angry about their performance.

Then there is performative anger where someone expresses anger mainly because they want other people to know that their poor play is not representative of their abilities.

Which were my specialties for years. I'm much better now.

I definitely can be....plus I have a tough time letting go of a bad shot or a bad hole. It can affect my whole round. Still working on it...lol

Not in the least bit. I play golf to get outside, challenge myself, and enjoy time with friends. Nothing happening on the golf course is worth getting mad over.

I used to be. Then I realized I was not nearly as good as I thought I was. I rarely get a burst when I do something stupid, but it goes away quickly.

A friend of mine is.... club chucked, verbally abusing himself.... it can be very awkward.

I let my poor play get to me more than I should but I wouldn’t say I’m angry. More frustration than anything. It mostly comes to the surface if I’m playing alone. When I’m with others, it stays mostly internal

May get a little flustered with myself or others but never out right angry when on a course. I'm doing something I enjoy and will never be good enough to get mad! 😎

I curse like a sailor on the course, usually to and about myself out of frustration. Realized what a Richard that was making me to be around so I’ve dialed back the self-directed hate by a lot. Life’s too short to be that guy.

Back