Are you as good as the guys you play with?

In my usual group, Im not the longest, not the best iron player, not the best putter but if i can get it all working i can beat any of them. Winchell is the one who usually smacks me around the course but hopefully i can close the gap more this year

In my usual group, Im not the longest, not the best iron player, not the best putter but if i can get it all working i can beat any of them. Winchell is the one who usually smacks me around the course but hopefully i can close the gap more this year

He has to show up more often for that to happen :)

I don't really have a regular group I play with which stinks.

I'd say that when I play with randoms I'm probably better more than not. Playing with THPERS I'm probably equal or worse on average unless I'm just having one of those days where I'm on.

I can usually take something away from everyone I play with regardless of how good they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my main group of guys, I'm the best player by a good margin. But we have a lot of fun when we play. There's a second group I play with occasionally in which there are a couple of guys who are of similar skill level. We play a lot of games in both groups, but I get taken to the cleaners in the first group because of how many shots I have to give! LOL

As much fun as I have with my current playing partners, I do miss the days of playing a lot of golf with guys who are better than me because it always drove me to improve.

I'm the lowest guy in our weekend/men's league game/team but not at my club. Doesn't really matter tho because (a) we play a hcp game and I get crushed every time haha and (b) the guys I've met are some GREAT buds and one of the reasons that I like the club I joined so much. I love playing with those guys. There's a scratch game as well but that one can get expensive so I only play in that one a few times a year. All the guys in that group are 0-10 or so and there's some ropers in that group too. Awesome guys in that one as well.

I am better than some, worse than others. Depends on which group of friends I am playing with.

I play with guys who are 84, 77 and 58 (I am 69). Unfortunately, I am, by far, the best of the group. On my worst day and the 58 year old's best day he might tie or beat me by a stroke. I say unfortunately because they recognize how inconsistent their games are and are adverse to any kind of friendly competition. I miss competition. :(

Nope. My buddy Jerry that I play with is a gamer. He never practices and strictly plays. Nothing technical about his game at all he's strictly a feel player. Never let's me give him a number with the range finder. He will go in stretches where he struggles a bit and I can beat em but when he's on he's sick. Towards the end of our season here we played where he shot 65 with 3 eagles and a birdie and no bogeys. It was ridiculous.

My weeknight league team has 5 guys on it. One guy struggles a bit more than the other 4. You could mix-n-match the 4 of us and we'd all probably end up .500 for the year playing most formats.

My Saturday morning guys are miles better than I am - and they're all 30+ years older :) It's rough when I put up something in the upper 70s and am still 5th best (yes, we play as a 5-some...and finish in 3:30...shush).

When I play as a single I usually find myself with the lowest score in the group, not every time though.
When I play VGT I am typically one of the worst players out there on average. A few podiums and lots of middle of the pack.

I'm in about the top 1/3 of the guys I play with based on our group handicap ratings.

I seen to play to the level of whom I'm playing with.
Playing with better golfers, I tend to play to a higher level. When playing with the more challenged golfers, I tend to struggle and play more erratic golf.

I play with 3 different defined groups on a regular. The first, I'm usually the one who they will ask advice from when needed. The second group, we all play about even. The finally group we are split some days and I find myself asking for advice. In the last group I play with plays better than me.

The guys I play with are better than me. Longer off the tee and better from the fairways. Definitely more consistent.

Scoring wise though? They are consistently the same. You can usually guess the range (within a stroke or two) that they will end up in scorewise. I feel like it is a good benchmark for me, for how good/bad I might be playing.

On any given day though, I can be the best of the group. It just means putting it all together. I don't need to be the longest, or closest. I just need to reduce my mistakes, play smart, and play within myself.

I really enjoy the challenge of playing with better players, and trying to keep pace with them.

I play with guys with a range of abilities. Some tend to play better than I do, some tend to shoot worse than I do. In terms of various aspects of the game, I could probably learn something from every one of them. That's one of the fun things about golf, everyone's games are so different.

It's a mix for me...when I play with guys from my men's gold association I am usually the worst player in the group...most of them are all single digit handicap.

When I play with my buddies I am usually the best in my group because most of them play once every month or two.

When I play with my THP bros in my area (Mikeg and Jank) I am the worst in the group, but we have a great time!

In our league we have everything from scratch to 22 caps so it depends on who I play with that week. Among the guys I regularly play with outside the group I'm in tha bottom third I would say. They all like my short game and putting ability but I lose out to them because of distance and consistency off the tee.

In my league I am towards the top. With my regular playing buddies its pretty much even

This year I caught up with my group. It made golf so much more fun. I didn't know in past years they called me "Military Mark" as I went left to right with my shots. I was in the D class in my golf league last year and I think I will be bumped up to the "C" class.

I noticed that I play pretty well with any type of player that I play with. I normally lay better when there is some competition but I will say that there is one guy I play with who is probably a 1 or 2 handicap. When the two of us play, I always seem to play better with him because we play extremely fast. I know that I struggle with slow play so when I play fast I am good to go.

Because the club I play with is flighted and the majority of my golfing buddies have come from this club... yes, we're all about the same. For the most part, we all have indexes between 13.0 and 17.0 (give or take). Of the group I genuinely enjoy playing with and I'd count among my core group... I'd say that 4 of us are just about the same in terms of skill... there is 1 guy who is slightly better than us... and there are maybe 3 that are slightly behind us on an average score basis.

I enjoy being paired with players who are better than me because I feel like I feed off of them. On the flip side, when I get paired with a group that's struggling to break 100... I will have a tough time trying to play bogey golf.

- Chuck

THP has introduced a lot of golfers to me that are better than me haha. I was always one of the best in my friends group growing up, but that wasn't hard to do. Through THP, I'm kinda in the middle for our area of the guys who come out to play.

With the 3/4 THPers that I get together with about once a month I am probably towards the back of the pack but can keep it close to them and occasionally out play them. With my regular weekly playing partners I am just a bit better, but the one older guy I play with really helped me with my game and was there when I got my HIO this year and is a very god friend and a joy to be around.

I am lucky to play with a really good group of players. My home club has a scratch skins game that gets some really good players. Low score in that game last year was 63 on two different occasions by two different guys.
The majority of guys that play in the game all play to the same level. Most of us are all low single digit handicaps.

Back