Course Review Ballyhack Golf Club

Number 8:
The one with the giant tree in the middle.
Basically, aim right with a prayer that there's an opening where you can't see, or, bail out hard left and deal with a tree on your second shot.
...or be like me and aim right, and then hook it left lmao

hole 8.png

Hole 9:
The tip toe.
It's about 250 to the bunker, and disaster if you go right. From there, it's a fairly basic layup with bailout to the right, but it's all about the approach to the green.
Short is a problem.. Long is a problem. Bunker is a problem.

hole 9.png

Hole 10:
New Adventures
This is a great starter for the back 9, with most of the trouble created by the golfer, not the hole. Plenty of room off the tee, and in the layup area.
That said, get greedy and it will definitely bite back.
hole 10.png

Hole #1
IMG_0589.jpeg
Hole 1 Green
IMG_0592.jpeg

Hole 2
IMG_0593.jpeg
Hole 2 Green
Not sure I have…

Hole 3
IMG_0594.jpeg

Hole 4
IMG_0597.jpeg
Hole 4 Green
IMG_0651.jpeg

@Canadan has some advice for us who are taking on Ballyhack next week. I compiled Dans posts from the 2022 Titleist Experience at Ballyhack.
*Dans original posts are hyperlinked

Hole 2:
The further right you go off the tee, the less you can see going to the green.
Front side bunker is a disaster, and guards the green very well.

View attachment 9178098

Hole 3.
Long is not an option here.
I hit almost to the back fringe center green and it spun back off the green, so it is all sloped.
Left side of the green has a bit of a bowl which will be tough to get on the right level if it's there.

View attachment 9178099

Hole 4:
Freshly labeled Canadan
Landing zone is blind off the tee, and you have to have faith in the line your caddie gives you and taking too much tightens the room for error a LOT.
There is a significant slope guarding a back right pin, but also awesome for anyone trying to get to a front pin.

View attachment 9178100

extra:
How To Play Ballyhack Hole 4
Number 8:
The one with the giant tree in the middle.
Basically, aim right with a prayer that there's an opening where you can't see, or, bail out hard left and deal with a tree on your second shot.
...or be like me and aim right, and then hook it left lmao

View attachment 9178103

Hole 9:
The tip toe.
It's about 250 to the bunker, and disaster if you go right. From there, it's a fairly basic layup with bailout to the right, but it's all about the approach to the green.
Short is a problem.. Long is a problem. Bunker is a problem.

View attachment 9178104

Hole 10:
New Adventures
This is a great starter for the back 9, with most of the trouble created by the golfer, not the hole. Plenty of room off the tee, and in the layup area.
That said, get greedy and it will definitely bite back.
View attachment 9178105
BOOKMARKED

That's a lot of divots on Hole 1 tee box...is it an iron off the tee?
For many it is. Depending on tee box, 200 or so is good.

Important to remember those pics are from middle of off season where we caught a good weather break. They weren’t moving the boxes

What are the trickiest 3 or 4 holes at Ballyhack?
Hmmmm.
Starting on 1 is tough because it’s shorter with trouble but a near blind approach.

14 for sure with canyon tee shot and then crazy green approach with false front.

4/5 can both play tricky

This week is Ballyhack week as we arrive on Friday.
Back to back THP Experiences with Shot Scope coming first with the Data Experience and then the Budget Championship with Bag Boy.

Cannot wait to get back there and have some fun with THPers.

This week is Ballyhack week as we arrive on Friday.
Back to back THP Experiences with Shot Scope coming first with the Data Experience and then the Budget Championship with Bag Boy.

Cannot wait to get back there and have some fun with THPers.

going to be such a fun week to follow along and participate

This one is next up for a THP Event with the SkyTrak Experience coming up.

Oh Ballyhack is going to be an awesome backdrop for this one. Will there be SIM action with the SkyTRak+ or just real golf?

After seeing a lot of course photos, are most of the tee shots raised hitting down to a valley, then back up to an elevated green? I don't recall seeing any holes that start at the tee box and just keep climbing. Are there any holes that you're just constantly going up to the green from the tee box?

After seeing a lot of course photos, are most of the tee shots raised hitting down to a valley, then back up to an elevated green? I don't recall seeing any holes that start at the tee box and just keep climbing. Are there any holes that you're just constantly going up to the green from the tee box?
No. I think there are quite a few, but I wouldn’t say most.

Back