BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

yes please!!!

Im sure @GolferGal can help but its super simple. We used Dr Browns Black Cherry soda, but Dr. Pepper works fine too. Inject the tenderloins until nice and plump. A nice sweet rub like Killer Hogs works tremendous here and go pretty heavy handed. Then cook. Spray down with Apple Juice and Cherry soda combo every 30 minutes or so i believe she does. I like starting it low to get a nice smokey taste and then finishing faster, but she cooks it best so will have the temps for you.

yes please!!!

Here you go:

Ingredients
  • 1-2lb pork tenderloin
  • 2 TBS + 1 TBS Cherry Cola (or any cola you like, root beer works great here too), regular or diet is fine
  • 2-3TBS + 1 TBS of your favorite BBQ rub (I use Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub)
  • 1/2 cup sweet BBQ sauce or glaze (I like Traeger Sugar Lips Glaze for this recipe)
Instructions
  1. Trim excess fat from the pork tenderloin and place it on a sheet pan (I like to line mine with heavy duty aluminum foil for easy cleanup)
  2. Pour some cherry cola into a cup and fill your injection syringe with it. Inject your tenderloin in about 4 different spots with the cola.
  3. Generously coat the tenderloin with your BBQ rub of choice, then cover your sheet pan with aluminum foil and let rest in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
  4. After it has rested, preheat your grill to 225 degrees and remove the pork from the fridge and remove the foil cover (this will allow your pork to come up in temp a little before putting it on the grill). Once the grill is preheated, make sure to place a meat probe in the pork so you can monitor it's internal temp, and then place the pork on the grill. The full cooking time will probably be around 2-3 hours, you want an internal temp of 155 degrees.
  5. While the pork is cooking, make the glaze. Mix about 1/4 cup of your sweet BBQ sauce or glaze with 1 TBS of the rub you used and 1 TBS of cola. When the pork reaches an internal temp of 120-125 degrees brush on some glaze. You will want to do this a couple more times before it reaches its final internal temp of 155 degrees.
  6. When the pork reaches 155 degrees, take it off the grill and let it rest for abbot 10 minutes. Once it has reseted, slice it up and enjoy!

Here you go:

Ingredients
  • 1-2lb pork tenderloin
  • 2 TBS + 1 TBS Cherry Cola (or any cola you like, root beer works great here too), regular or diet is fine
  • 2-3TBS + 1 TBS of your favorite BBQ rub (I use Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub)
  • 1/2 cup sweet BBQ sauce or glaze (I like Traeger Sugar Lips Glaze for this recipe)
Instructions
  1. Trim excess fat from the pork tenderloin and place it on a sheet pan (I like to line mine with heavy duty aluminum foil for easy cleanup)
  2. Pour some cherry cola into a cup and fill your injection syringe with it. Inject your tenderloin in about 4 different spots with the cola.
  3. Generously coat the tenderloin with your BBQ rub of choice, then cover your sheet pan with aluminum foil and let rest in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
  4. After it has rested, preheat your grill to 225 degrees and remove the pork from the fridge and remove the foil cover (this will allow your pork to come up in temp a little before putting it on the grill). Once the grill is preheated, make sure to place a meat probe in the pork so you can monitor it's internal temp, and then place the pork on the grill. The full cooking time will probably be around 2-3 hours, you want an internal temp of 155 degrees.
  5. While the pork is cooking, make the glaze. Mix about 1/4 cup of your sweet BBQ sauce or glaze with 1 TBS of the rub you used and 1 TBS of cola. When the pork reaches an internal temp of 120-125 degrees brush on some glaze. You will want to do this a couple more times before it reaches its final internal temp of 155 degrees.
  6. When the pork reaches 155 degrees, take it off the grill and let it rest for abbot 10 minutes. Once it has reseted, slice it up and enjoy!

this will be done this weekend!!!

For anybody thinking of buying a pellet grill. Sportsman Warehouse has the Camp Chef DLX 24 on sale for $399.00. This is a great entry pellet grill and highly rated model for the money...

If you are a BBQ fan and haven’t tried Meat Mitch Whomp Sauce, I’m not sure you are really a fan 😂😂😂

@JB and @GolferGal you're doing yourself a disservice if you don't look at MAK for a made in USA pellet smoker. I've been cooking over fire for a long time on many different cookers and this makes the product closest to a good offset as anything out there.

@JB and @GolferGal you're doing yourself a disservice if you don't look at MAK for a made in USA pellet smoker. I've been cooking over fire for a long time on many different cookers and this makes the product closest to a good offset as anything out there.
Not overlooking them at all. Those General lines are quite nice.

If you are a BBQ fan and haven’t tried Meat Mitch Whomp Sauce, I’m not sure you are really a fan 😂😂😂
BA80ADFF-AC7C-4CFB-AF8C-0F67C5296691.jpeg

Picked up the new smoker, its crazy how it has the same outer dimensions as my original one but has 500 sq inches less, but the new configuration for heat and smoke distribution take up some room.

Gotta test it out next weekend with a brisket

20210110_170638.jpg

If it passes the test, buddies buying my old one

How did it come out? I'm not a big pork tenderloin fan but dying to try this recipe since the Mrs. loves pork tenderloin...

one must buy pork tenderloin to cook a pork tenderloin. i am an idiot and bought a pork loin, so it was a different experience. it was still good and i enjoyed it, but my wife and youngest weren't fans.

JB, I have heard this sauce come up a few times. How would you categorize it? is it more on the sweeter side?

Sweeter in my opinion.
KC Style to me.

Kind of funny, after I posted this, I was watching a Meat Church video and its the sauce those guys use too.

Sweeter in my opinion.
KC Style to me.

Kind of funny, after I posted this, I was watching a Meat Church video and its the sauce those guys use too.

Okay I am going to order it. Oklahoma Joe's sauce is always my go-to when I do ribs or chicken here, but I am ALWAYS excited to try something new. I will be sure to let you know what I think.

Okay I am going to order it. Oklahoma Joe's sauce is always my go-to when I do ribs or chicken here, but I am ALWAYS excited to try something new. I will be sure to let you know what I think.

I am not sure if you have an Academy Sports near you, but you can usually find it there, that's where we got it. They have a store located on their (the BBQ sauce company) website.

I am not sure if you have an Academy Sports near you, but you can usually find it there, that's where we got it. They have a store located on their (the BBQ sauce company) website.

Thank you for saving me haha, there are plenty of stores in KC that carry it. Cannot wait to pick it up

New vertical is set up and ready, for the weekend will cook up a pork butt and buddy is getting a brisket from the butcher today.. probably pork belly burnt ends too since those were amazing last time

Anyone use a blanket or welding blanket on their smoker? Only thing I have accessible is a uhaul moving blanket, minor concern of its flammability

is the vinegar taste strong? Lived in NC for a year and wasn't a fan of vinegar sauces

is the vinegar taste strong? Lived in NC for a year and wasn't a fan of vinegar sauces

It doesnt have much vinegar taste. More KC than anything else.

Is delicious a flavor?
Amazing?
Sweet I would say.
Those are all good questions.

I found out more on the sauce as I continued to read along in the thread. Now to see if I have an Academy Sports nearby before I order some.
I’ve got some meat to cook!!!

Back