BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

That looks great! I wish meat pies were more of a thing in North America.
Did you smoke it? I've always wondered how smoked pastry would come out.

No smoke on them. I don't know that they'd be quite "authentic" with smoke.

No smoke on them. I don't know that they'd be quite "authentic" with smoke.
Ah, but would it be better vs. authentic!? That is the real question....

My friend smoked a small pork shoulder on the weekend and it's funny the difference in perspectives between someone who isn't into bbq (him) vs the bbq purists.
In his opinion, smoking isn't to create a bark or anything like that and it takes too long to fully cook something in his electric smoker so he only uses it to infuse a bit of smoke flavour and then finish it off somewhere that is faster. It comes out being tasty enough (though he drowns his pulled pork in sauce), but it just makes me even more excited for my BBQ to arrive in hopefully the next couple weeks so I can start experimenting with the real deal.

Ah, but would it be better vs. authentic!? That is the real question....

For me, no. But that's personal preference. I like smoking the usual suspect though.

The RecTeq bullseye will get hot DAB879E3-13A7-4E88-B800-46E58759FEF4.jpeg

Ribeye 442C262A-FC89-4213-A10A-BBF55CF5685B.jpeg

I have a cheap smoker, but I LOVE using it. I enjoy making pulled pork and smoked turkey the most. Most people use good old yellow mustard for the base on their pork, but if you really want to kick it up....try jalapeño mustard, Cuban style mustard or chipotle mustard.

My pleasure! I always avoid shipping if I can, especially now with shipping from all carries so unpredictable.

Picked this up today! I did a bit more research, I had no idea he was local here to Kansas City.

No wonder it was easy to find

I’m pretty certain I have a new favorite bbq sauce after last night. That Meat Mitch stuff was amazing

• Haha
Reactions: JB
I’m pretty certain I have a new favorite bbq sauce after last night. That Meat Mitch stuff was amazing

I need to order some of this stuff

Need a good recommendation on pork bbq sauce, Right now I use Sweet Baby Rays with great success but want something with just a little more kick but not too spicy. Recommendations please ...

PS I did order me some Whomp sauce 👍

Last edited:
Need a good recommendation on pork bbq sauce, Right now I use Sweet Baby Rays with great success but want something with just a little more kick but not too spicy. Recommendations please ...

PS I did order me some Whomp sauce 👍

I like these for pulled pork
Head Country
Cattlemans

PS I did order me some Whomp sauce

Whenever I smoke pulled pork I make some of this:

It’s super easy and really good if you like mustard based sauces.

I like Lillie's Q Smoke BBQ Sauce

Tomahawk ribeyes. Cooked at 180 until internal temp of 120. Pulled them off set the bullseye to 750 then about 2 minutes a side 3BF7973C-FF59-4CC4-B8C6-9A1355F37C51.jpeg7058A785-1D47-43FC-AB0C-DFD3993538B3.jpeg7058A785-1D47-43FC-AB0C-DFD3993538B3.jpeg3BF7973C-FF59-4CC4-B8C6-9A1355F37C51.jpeg

Back