BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

Ok this is on my list next smoke... Got a link?
Absolutely...

We made this queso and it's excellent

AD8FC11D-B8EA-475E-98F3-73C72406CE32.jpeg

Got a late start on a pork butt with my Recteq

Doing at 300° and hoping for 7 hrs

CB90B67B-384B-4378-A315-778E81493A85.jpeg07A50272-931C-41CE-9F5D-ED8E5BE39A85.jpeg

Finished right at 6 1/2 hrs and it's in the cooler E6A6228C-60F5-470F-8CCE-C0FD6A0BE003.jpeg

Made some Thai chili wings this weekend. They turned out so good! Perfect with some sticky rice.

5AF2AB04-7965-423C-B56B-320E9FD2AAA3.jpeg

See how the Ooni performs in 5* temps.
92381887-3B17-491A-9543-0BEF1EF5EB2C.jpeg

Very interested in this test! How does the cold affect its overall heat time/cook time as well as, is it catastrophically affected by wind?
Still went well. Wind is the worst element to deal with.

D92FD727-3945-449D-AB10-E691CF54B76D.jpeg

I know there are a few Grilla Silverback and Chimp owners in this thread, but does anyone have the original cylindrical Grilla pellet smoker? I like the shape/smaller footprint and I assume it's more heavy duty than the Chimp based on the weight, but there don't seem to be many reviews of it.

First pig was ready!

IMG_20210215_054319_322.jpg

150 days after ordering, my pit finally showed up!
The Weber Summit Kamado grilling centre is complete and burned in and ready to start cooking.

Tl1K5qJ.jpg

Picked up the block a few weeks back. Love what I can do with that. Gave my single to a buddy to give a try. Expect to hear good things from him soon. Can't wait to get it back and have 5 pieces of meat on the smoker at once.
Love cooking dinner at home again with the Meater probes. Perfect cook every time.

I know that @JB has seemingly had no issues with his MEATER but my MEATER block has been a frustrating purchase for me. When it works, and sometimes it does perfectly, it's a thing of beauty. But I increasingly have issues with mine. First of all, rarely can I get the bluetooth connection with my iPhone to work. I also seem to have a lot of trouble getting both the block base AND the probes to charge. I leave the block plugged in, and yet whenever I turn it on, at best the base will show it is half-charged. The bigger issue is the probes. I try and do a good job of cleaning them as I have noted if you don't get the ends totally clean, that seems to sometimes interfere with charging. I just put a brisket on, and despite being continuously plugged in, 2 of the probes appear to be uncharged and the other two barely charged.

I know the obvious advice is to contact the vendor. I had a probe go dead a year or so ago, and after putting me through some extensive back and forth, they sent me a new one. It's possible I just got a lemon (I was an early adopter, so maybe the block I have isn't their most recent/best version, I don't know). I doubt at this point post purchase they would do anything for me. It's disappointing though, because it's such a cool device - when it works. I'd be curious if anyone else is a user and has had these sorts of problems?

I know that @JB has seemingly had no issues with his MEATER but my MEATER block has been a frustrating purchase for me. When it works, and sometimes it does perfectly, it's a thing of beauty. But I increasingly have issues with mine. First of all, rarely can I get the bluetooth connection with my iPhone to work. I also seem to have a lot of trouble getting both the block base AND the probes to charge. I leave the block plugged in, and yet whenever I turn it on, at best the base will show it is half-charged. The bigger issue is the probes. I try and do a good job of cleaning them as I have noted if you don't get the ends totally clean, that seems to sometimes interfere with charging. I just put a brisket on, and despite being continuously plugged in, 2 of the probes appear to be uncharged and the other two barely charged.

I know the obvious advice is to contact the vendor. I had a probe go dead a year or so ago, and after putting me through some extensive back and forth, they sent me a new one. It's possible I just got a lemon (I was an early adopter, so maybe the block I have isn't their most recent/best version, I don't know). I doubt at this point post purchase they would do anything for me. It's disappointing though, because it's such a cool device - when it works. I'd be curious if anyone else is a user and has had these sorts of problems?
That stinks. Yeah we have had no issues with the Block and our friends picked it up and have not had issues either.

One area that it seems many have had issues is with the butt end not getting conpletely cleaned to have a receptor to pick up charge. We scrub ours down after each use

Yeah, I have also noted that - and I scrub mine with a barely moistened brillo pad till they are shiny. It sucks because when it works perfectly, it's an amazing product. I did contact them to share my experience. I did order the MEATER Block literally as soon as it became available, so maybe not all of the kinks had been worked out. I know I've seen you rave (in a good way) about yours, so I know the issues I'm having aren't universal and I may be an outlier.

Yeah, I have also noted that - and I scrub mine with a barely moistened brillo pad till they are shiny. It sucks because when it works perfectly, it's an amazing product. I did contact them to share my experience. I did order the MEATER Block literally as soon as it became available, so maybe not all of the kinks had been worked out. I know I've seen you rave (in a good way) about yours, so I know the issues I'm having aren't universal and I may be an outlier.
Weird. Yeah we were pre order people so got it early too. Not a single issue. Hope they take care of you

Weird. Yeah we were pre order people so got it early too. Not a single issue. Hope they take care of you

I am the same. I went based on Morgan's recommendation last year for Christmas (I believe), and it has been nothing short of magnificent.

The range and the accuracy are unmatched.

I am the same. I went based on Morgan's recommendation last year for Christmas (I believe), and it has been nothing short of magnificent.

The range and the accuracy are unmatched.
She is smart

First cook of the pig i bought... Small shoulder

IMG_20210221_104115.jpg

Back