JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
A few months ago, some THP Forum members were able to test out a prototype putter model that would be coming soon from Ben Hogan Golf. Their feedback will be provided in the comments below, but before getting to that, here is an introduction to the Ben Hogan BHM02 putter.

At first glance, the familiar shape of the fang type of head is welcoming.

Continue reading...

Wow, did not expect to see that headshape from
Hogan. Not to mention, what a spot on representation of the shape, that looks good in the two tone finish.

Having gamed the BHM01 for the past two seasons, I was interested to see what Hogan would come out with next. To be quite honest, I'm not sure how I feel about the 2 tone at first glance. But, if the feel is there, like it was with the BHM01, I believe this is a good value at $195. Can't wait to hear from those who have had this in hand for a while now!

Interesting head shape being released by Ben Hogan. Not typically my shape preference, but like the looks and will try to give it a roll.

Hey look another 7 haha. The two tone look could help with alignment but as we know it’s all about feel, which it sounds like they have created here.

My initial impression is that I like what they did with the two tone look and simple lines in the fangs. Putters can have a very busy look these days, so it’s nice to see a fairly priced option that has a nice look to it.

I like it. I'm not an insert fan and like a top line. For the price point it sounds like a solid option.

Not a big fan, initially, of the two tone finish. Could certainly warm to it after seeing putts drop though.

Seen that shape before, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it..

I do like the two tone, and price!

It looks good and I especially like the BH on the front with the milling. (y)

Great looking putter!! I really wouldn't have guessed this was a Hogan Putter if you removed the name and showed it to me blank. Strong price as well.

I was thrilled to see this was the putter we received at the event. I was coming from a 2-ball Odyssey F7, so this was a nice compromise as opposed to a straight blade. Visually I'm a huge fan of the two-tone, as I think in combination with the "fangs"(?) it worked very well for me as far as alignment goes. You might have already guessed that aligning putts is an issue for me. @JB mentioned it in his write-up, and it's spot-on the sound. The F7 I had was a very clicky putter, which I never loved. This is, to steal his words, muted and dense, and I LOVE it. I wish I was more of a putter aficionado so I could better articulate how great this putter is, so I'll have to put in simple terms. I love this putter!

A couple pics, plus the fangs have a nice feature where scooping the ball up is a cinch :LOL:
20210309_074535.jpg20210309_074136.jpg

I've been waiting for this since that little Easter egg in the live update thread, so I knew this shape was coming.
I will say its a great price, but I'm not sure I like the two tone. I guess I was assuming all black.

Can't wait to read the feedback from those who have tested it!

That is a great looking putter. What a price too. Can't wait to see the feedback here.

I like it! I like the fang putters, and am glad to see they are sticking with a milled face over an insert.

I’m not a big fan of that head shape, but the two-tone is really well done! Great addition to the line up!

Solid release. Not my fav head shape but I know it is popular. It seems that the 7, the spider, and the anser head shoes are pretty much required to be in your putter line up if you want it be taken seriously.

The colors/shapes/angles all together look a bit distracting. Looking forward to hear from the testers.
Great price point as always.

I have one from the Ben Hogan/UST Mamiya Experience... Ours has a *Redacted* UST Mamiya putter shaft in it.

I’m like the only person on the forum that doesn’t normally like the “7” shape. My eye normally gravitates to an 1W shape. With that being said, I have putted very well with this putter.

Last edited:
I like what Hogan has done here!

Whoa. Didn't expect to see that from Ben Hogan, but I'm impressed.

Very handsome club that should perform well. Fine reviews/decent price point. One I will look into in future.

Back