jim54

must be the shafts
Reaction score
Handicap
Got a rather vague email asking if I want to pre order a set of the new BH irons.

No info at all about the clubs or shafts, no idea how much they will be. Just asking for a $500 deposit.

Now I am a admitted Club Ho, but even I need a little tease....did anyone else receive this? any sight unseen takers?

That is crazy. They are not showing the clubs even a little until PGA SHow according to them, but want a deposit? How do you put a deposit on something you arent even allowed to see. I think this whole launch is "interesting" to say the least. I know the Hogan fans will love them regardless and I am glad they are getting the brand they want in their bag back, but some things dont make sense to me.

SCOR Golf creator Terry K is behind the brand and has said that they will be forged irons because that is what Hogan would want and that is what they believe in. Yet his past wedges both SCOR and Eidelon were cast I believe so does that make them inferior? I understand the design behind it, which is no Hogan player is buying a cast set for what they want to charge, but its kind of a riddle if you ask me.

I wish them well, but based on what is coming out from them now (not the equipment but the marketing), I am at a loss trying to understand it.

I got it and just posted about it elsewhere. I was like, ummm $500 and I don't get a picture?

That is crazy. They are not showing the clubs even a little until PGA SHow according to them, but want a deposit? How do you put a deposit on something you arent even allowed to see. I think this whole launch is "interesting" to say the least. I know the Hogan fans will love them regardless and I am glad they are getting the brand they want in their bag back, but some things dont make sense to me.

SCOR Golf creator Terry K is behind the brand and has said that they will be forged irons because that is what Hogan would want and that is what they believe in. Yet his past wedges both SCOR and Eidelon were cast I believe so does that make them inferior? I understand the design behind it, which is no Hogan player is buying a cast set for what they want to charge, but its kind of a riddle if you ask me.

I wish them well, but based on what is coming out from them now (not the equipment but the marketing), I am at a loss trying to understand it.

You're not alone dude. I'm a big Hogan brand fan but this is pretty dangerous for them, I'm not sure I understand the thinking behind it. Is there any thinking behind it? #hoganturnoff

I got it and just posted about it elsewhere. I was like, ummm $500 and I don't get a picture?

That's pretty crazy, very strange approach. I'm losing interest fast with this approach.

Laughable. If it were a known commodity I could understand it. I am sure Miura or even a larger OEM like Callaway could get away with this model for something limited and unique. But seeing as we have NO idea what to expect from this new line I think its flat out ridiculous and borderline fraudulent to ask for money up front with no idea on what you are really purchasing.

Desperation? Get people talking?

Laughable except for the absolute diehards.

There is a statement that if you decide not to buy you will be refunded, and since I have been buying wedges from them and the Customer Service has been excellent even getting a call back on Sunday I would not be afraid of the deal.

But give me something to think about, I barely remember the APEX line when I was just starting into golf and I seem to remember they were very much "Player's clubs".

Now with all the choices from the Big OEM's with Shafts at no extra charge and custom fitting, this is really trying to pry money out of a Customer's hand.

Heck, I would love to see Srixon clubs on the street to test and the Big box stores don't seemed interested and they at least have some presence on the Tour and Cleveland with them. You have to imagine with them wanting a $500 deposit these are going to be in $1,000 +/- range, tough nut to crack.

These poor guys are going to struggle I believe, you never hear anything about the Hopkins irons and they have a great product also.

I, too, found it utterly bizarre for all the reasons above. If you want $500 deposits (maybe to gauge 1st production run?) then there should be a hook of some sort e.g. a significant, maybe 20%, early adopter discount. Looks like if you wait to see them you'll pay the same price!!

I was a huge Hogan homer for years before they went under. After hearing this stuff, glad I pulled the trigger on the Srixons and didn't wait on the new "Hogans".

I also got that email and clicked the link thinking there would be some info or pictures of anything about the clubs but it just took me to a site to deposit $500....ummm no thanks.

Looking to see if they will be at the PGA Show, seems like that would be the place to show them for the 1st time.

Looking to see if they will be at the PGA Show, seems like that would be the place to show them for the 1st time.

See my post above.

did/will they send a set to tHP for review?

did/will they send a set to tHP for review?

Not at this time. We were contacted about the launch and told them we would be happy to do a review of the line. I told them that we would like a set 2 weeks before launch so we could have the review done by launch (same thing we do for every company) and it was declined. Instead there is no time table outside of we will see them at the PGA Show in which they will send a set for review I believe.

Knew this thread would be here after I saw the tweet at a stop light. All I can say is wow!

I don't think I was ever going to want to afford these when I saw somewhere earlier this year what they might go for, but this is pretty darn weird and I think this may just create the opposite type of buzz they may be going for. Really disappointed for Marc. I know how you have been waiting bud. Hang in though!

JM

The forged comment was indeed a head scratcher, for the reasons mentioned and especially since Hogan did release non forged irons as well.

I'm a big Hogan fan, but like any club, I want to hear, see and try it a lot before deciding to put it in the bag. No blind deposit for me. From the little I've read though, I expect the new irons to be similar to something like the Apex Pro or MP H5; game enhancement with some forgiveness.

Wow, a deposit sight unseen, that seems quite a gutsy move.

Seems strange, as a fan of the past Hogan lines I am interested in the new offerings. Have been trying to find photos , but no such luck. I would think at the big showcase like the PGA show they would have samples. Mind you I am still interested when these finally hit stores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like they need money to actually build a few sets haha.

And with them allowing for refunds if you don't buy later...what's the point???

JM it's a let down for sure buddy, maybe they're trying to capture the mystique Hogan had with his brand but all BS aside, this just turned me off for some reason. Time to move on to the 2 left on the list and make a decision I guess. The polish has gone from the apple.

JM it's a let down for sure buddy, maybe they're trying to capture the mystique Hogan had with his brand but all BS aside, this just turned me off for some reason. Time to move on to the 2 left on the list and make a decision I guess. The polish has gone from the apple.

Is there really any mystique left? The brand's apparel have more recently been sold at Walmart for distribution than anywhere else. I get the idea behind it, which is license the name, but lets face it, that name is not the same and isnt going to be the same since the name is licensed.

I say this not taking away from the future product, but of the business side.

Ya never know Marc, you might be seeing sets turn up in short order after release or something, and maybe at a substantial savings too. I feel bad for ya though bro. I know how you have been waiting too. There is no mystique in keeping consumers in the dark when asking for hard earned cash my friend.

JM

Back