Best Course You Have Ever Played

I realized that I forgot an incredible one that I played a few years back.

Cabo Real in the Los Cabos area of Baja. Incredible variety from right on the ocean to up high on the desert cliffs.

Pinehurst #8 and it didn't hurt that it cost me only $60

I think that is still listed as best course in the state and top 50 in the nation. Cool place
Yes. And as I recall, its the only top 50 course in Iowa.

~Rock

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

This is kinda tough, I've played some really nice courses. I'd probably put The Medalist there on the top of my list for now, then put The Conservatory and Cog Hill Dubsdread close behind.

Played it 3 times, big fan.

Two holes really stick out to me... The dogleg par five that goes down the hill with the hills and houses on both sides, with the water after the green. So unique and cool looking.

Then the par four that has two fairways and is technically driveable. Love that hole as well.

I cannot possibly narrow to a singular selection.

True Blue in South Carolina.
River's Edge in North Carolina.
The Clive in California.
Reunion Palmer in Florida.
Valhalla in Kentucky.
The Oasis in Ohio (regular rotation).

River’s Edge is fantastic

The Country Club - Brookline, MA
Ocean Club - Nassau, Bahamas
Baltusrol- Springfield Township, NJ

Sent from HTX

Country Club is bucket list for me

Oh man tough choice.

The best course that I have paid to play is probably Bethpage Black.

I see what you did there

The more I think about this list the more I think about courses that really burned into memory some incredible lines...

TPC Las Vegas in Nevada.
The Club at Savannah Harbor in Georgia.

Really makes me want to travel more.

I think TPC Las Vegas is my favorite- so many to choose from but this is a recent play and it was fantastic

Sherwood CC in Brentwood, CA. I put a picture of the famous hazard on the middle of the fairway. In one tournament Tiger and David Duval were battling for the win and DD hit into that hazard, Tiger flew it.

LAGTG3.jpg

LAGTG2.jpg

Best friend got married there and i give him crap to this day that he didn’t get us a round of golf thrown in

What’s the best/favourite course you have played and is it in your regular rotation?

In Indiana, I would say Purgatory. 2nd was Rock Hollow. Here in Sebring, I work at Golf Hammock, so it is number one for me or The Bluffs.

I suppose I should answer this myself eh.

Grey Wolf golf course out at panorama mountain and no it’s not in my regular rotation. It’s gorgous.

Would be a tossup between Caledonia and Tot Hill Farm.

The lower right is me. Proof I was there. Upper left end was the CEO of he club.

Sherwoodgolfgroup.jpg

Last edited:
After my amazing experience yesterday I need to update my answer.

The Country Club at DC Ranch.

It's a private club in North Scottsdale and I was invited to play after a series of coincidences and thanks to the generosity of the Member. The hospitality shown to me as a Guest by everyone was over the top. The clubhouse, locker room, amenities and bar/restaurant were ridiculous. The range balls were TP5s lol. Comfort stations around the course were fully loaded and awesome. The course layout is superb. The conditions were unlike anything I've ever played from the driving range to the 18th green. Heck the course looked so perfect if they had told me it was artificial turf I would have believed them. I now have a new goal in life.
dde160555e2a0e1bdd84cd2028750258.jpg
bbfea2c4299704be999dcb4aedbe16a6.jpg

Carnoustie, which is not in my regular rotation. It would be a lot cooler if it was.

My favorite and best course that I try to play once a season has got to be Black Wolf Run in Kohler Wis. such a beautiful place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My favorite and best course that I try to play once a season has got to be Black Wolf Run in Kohler Wis. such a beautiful place

Whistling Straits is the best I’ve played and I love all the Kohler courses. I’ve been in California for 20 years but now that I’ll be making my home in MN starting in June, I’m sure I’ll find my way to the American Club at least every other year.

One of my top 5 favorite course I’ve ever played is the Classic at Madden’s and it is only 1.7 miles away from our lake home in northern Minnesota that will be finished in May. I’m planning on joining the club this summer or next and play about 50 rounds there each year. It’s ranked typically about 60 on Golf Digest top 100 you can play.

Whistling Straits is the best I’ve played and I love all the Kohler courses. I’ve been in California for 20 years but now that I’ll be making my home in MN starting in June, I’m sure I’ll find my way to the American Club at least every other year.

One of my top 5 favorite course I’ve ever played is the Classic at Madden’s and it is only 1.7 miles away from our lake home in northern Minnesota that will be finished in May. I’m planning on joining the club this summer or next and play about 50 rounds there each year. It’s ranked typically about 60 on Golf Digest top 100 you can play.

Black Wolf and Whistling Straits are both great courses, but I give the nod to WS as well. Lots of memorable holes, some stunning scenery, it's challenging, and it's a great atmosphere for golf.

Haven't been to any super exclusive tracks so TPC Boston is tops on my list. Not in the regular rotation.

Black Wolf and Whistling Straits are both great courses, but I give the nod to WS as well. Lots of memorable holes, some stunning scenery, it's challenging, and it's a great atmosphere for golf.

Yeah WS is amazing, Irish is no slouch, and love the river @ blackwolf

Besides The Hideaway?
Valhalla is the best course I’ve ever played...

Love whistling straights also but the price tag keeps it from being my favorite. I love the sheep in the fairways and lake Michigan is nice to see but Black wolf run in the fall when the Salmon are running thru the streams around the course is incredible to see

Sent from my LG-AK495 using Tapatalk

Stonewall a THP event. Only THP event so far.Hoping for more.

Next Friday will be the most exclusive I have ever played, Copperhead here we come....

Back