Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
photo.php

This was a 50yd pitch from behind the mound behind the ball. The pitch went over a massive trap on the other side of the mound, bounced on top and rolled down the slope to the spot you see there. EASILY, my best shot of the round. Hole was a 270yd par 4 to an elevated green surrounded by deep traps.

Yes, I made the birdie putt :D

Attachments

• 09262013095.jpg
    09262013095.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 0
Had to be my 2nd shot... a blind lay up to the water.

Eagle's Pride #6 was my best played hole yesterday. It's a 436 yard Par 5 that plays downhill, with a slight turn to the left. I only managed 4 pars on this course and this was one of them.

The challenge here is the fairway drops into a bowl and you can't see the water until you get beyond 300 yards. Clearly, a lay up is required for most.

A soft swung 6i put me at 169 and on the fairway. My 2nd shot (blind) was with a 24* hybrid which landed at the 348 yard mark. Chipped over the pond, with a 51* GW and 2 putted for par.

1382041_10151734769758401_1147599829_n.jpg

Came up just short on a par 3 to day. Chipped my 56 degree from the thick fringe and chunked it--or so I thought. I let out a "great chip" just after contact, and it landed on the green 30 feet short of the pin, but released down the slope and draino for a birdie.

I skied a drive into the wind on a par 5 and then had to lay up even after that because of trees and a tight landing area leaving me 180, again into the wind. Hit a 6 right over a bunker and it stuck pin high about 15 ft away and I hit the birdie putt.

Hit a perfect baby draw 8 iron into a stuff breeze pin high to a back pin on a par 5, made the bird.

Tapatalk: Gently Tapped like a downhill three-footer.

Best shot of my round yesterday was either my chip in for birdie on 12, ball just off the back of the green and it was all downhill to the hole and it fell in with the final role, or the 25' putt on 11 I holed for a par.

60* wedge to 2' from 79 yards. This has always been a troubling distance for me so I was thrilled with the outcome.

Par 3 17th, 187 yard Mashie to nine feet pin high right. Made the birdie this time :banana:

JM

308 yard par 4 5th today at Seminole Golf Course. Its a little downhill and slopes hard to the right. Drive was 290 yards, about twenty feet short of the green. After months of having sky high 225yd drives, getting one to do what its supposed to was a really nice feeling. Got a little excited and chipped the ball all the way to the flag and it ran out leaving my 15 feet for birdie. Fell just below the hole and tapped it the last two inches for a par.

Last edited:
From the rough, 105 to the flag on a tough little green, against a 20 mph wind over water. Landed on the fringe and rolled back down. Yes, that was my BEST shot.

Best single shot was probably the 7 iron out of thick rough that was high, straight and got out there about 150 yards. Never hit a 7 that far especially from the rough. It was sitting up and that sure helped.

Currently testing the TaylorMade SpeedBlades for THP.

54* from 102 to 8 feet. Made birdie.

All happened in front of our fearless leader: JB

Put a nice little draw on my hybrid from about 240 out today, hit and rolled right up to about 5 feet... Playing with Vegas length is FUN. Shame the putting isn't easier here as well.

Put a nice little draw on my hybrid from about 240 out today, hit and rolled right up to about 5 feet... Playing with Vegas length is FUN. Shame the putting isn't easier here as well.
That Hybo is deadly! You'll get the flat stick dialed in I'm sure...

my 3rd shot on #12 on my home course. It's a 500yd par 5 with a long r/h bend.
Tee shot: I overswung the driver. Hit it solid but left my tee shot in the right hand rough.
2nd shot was a 3i hybrid which I tried to fade around an overhanging tree. It didn't fade enough and I left myself in woods and rough on the left side about 100 yards from the hole.
3rd shot: I had to hit a low hard draw to get it out of where I was and I was simply hoping to be able to put it in the fairway and split the difference between the 2 bunkers protecting the front of the green. I closed down an 8iron and played it off my right toe. The ball came out and I never saw it (I guess I kept my head down) but apparently it did exactly what I was hoping and then some. I finally spotted the ball rolling up the green where it stopped about 4 feet from the cup.
I took the birdie as a result.

212 to a slightly downhill green from a fairly decent lie in the Bermuda rough.
Hit 22º 4h on a high, dead line to the pin.
Ball landed in the middle of the green and hopped to about 12ish feet to the hole.
(Those greens were VERY receptive!)

212 to a slightly downhill green from a fairly decent lie in the Bermuda rough.
Hit 22º 4h on a high, dead line to the pin.
Ball landed in the middle of the green and hopped to about 12ish feet to the hole.
(Those greens were VERY receptive!)

This was a beast of a shot and a thing of beauty.

Currently testing the TaylorMade SpeedBlades for THP.

(warning: a bit of a long story ;-) )
Yesterday I've competed in the "monthly trophy" competition at my home course. The last hole was a 515mtrs par 5. A hole were the men are seperated from the boys ;-) I will try to descibe the hole lay out. It is a "U" shape kind of hole (inside the U shape there are some barns and trees and a pond at the end), from the teebox it is around 180 mtrs to the point were you have to make a 80 degree turn to the left, then you have an approx. 185 mtr dead straight fairway with some bumps and beaches, half way there is a pond on the left hand side. Then you have to turn left, around the pond for approx. 150mtrs to the green. Okay, so you got an idea now (a piece of paper and a pen might help ;-) )

Okay, I teed the ball, decided to start with the hybrid (there was some head wind so I need a powerful shot to cut through the wind). Played it nice in the center of the corner of the first leg, so I got a nice view over the second leg to the next point, where at the end I could see the pond on the left side of the fairway. Took the hybrid again and blast it dead straight to the center of the second leg fairway. When I arrived at the ball for my third shot, I got 2 options. Option 1 is to avoid the pond and play it save to the 3rd leg that will leave a chip to the green (the boys), or, option 2 is to fire it across the pond to the green (the men). I chose the 2nd option (this will be the best shot of my round), from where I stood, around 175 mtrs to the green. Took the hybrid (again) and blast it over the pond to the green. Big smile on the faces in my flight when they saw the ball landed on the green. Made 2 putts for par. Me happy! :) (and yes, I won the September Trophy :) )

Over shot a par 3 today and was about fifteen feet above the hole on a hill with a lot of water on the other side of the green So I used the scor wedge Toad sent me opened it up and hit a great flop shot within gimme range.

Yesterday was all about the long ball. After making a shaft change, my driver has become an absolute weapon.

Best shot was on a short 340 yard par 4 that has a lake that you need about 240 to clear. My buddy is a big hitter and was about 15 yards short of the green. I stepped up and piped one, ended about 20 yards short of my friend in a great position. Just one of a few that were flirting with the 300 mark. It really was eye opening because that is 30-40 yards longer than my previous.

80 yard approach shoot with my 54* landed 4 yards passed the hole and the ball back spun to just around 1 foot from the cup. Sadly my second shot so that saved me par.

Best shot yesterday was on our par 3 14th. I had hit a poor tee shot and was in heavy rough about 20 yards short of the pin. It was uphill over a mound with little space to work with. I took my 60* wedge and hit it just as I wanted and it looked good from where I was and my dad then said it had hit the pin and gone in!

Hit a nice 9 iron into #7. Pin high and just to the left of the flag, but it spun back about 15 feet (back to front sloped green). It was special because I couldn't actually see the green or the flag thanks to the fog and the sun. Took a guess and got it right.

Drive on 11 today. 494yd par 5. I had 141 to the pin for my 2nd. Absolutely crushed it. Then proceeded to miss the green left, chip on then two putt for par lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back