Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toss up between 2.

1st was the 168yd shot into a hard wind off a hard packed dirt lie. 5i to 2 ft. Birdie

2nd was putting a 235yd 2nd shot on the green on a par 5 with my 2 hybrid. 3 putt par. :(
Toss up my ass! The 5i was a special kind of shot.

From 140 yards but sitting down in the rough, hit an 8 iron straight over the flag stick and stuck it to within 5'. Unfortunately, I also made a crater of a pitch mark that I just wouldn't get level but had to putt over. Missed the birdie putt, which I'm not too mad at, as I hadn't been putting great today anyway.

PW from 116, almost got the eagle.

d744912d081788e2ff6c74a357faa537.jpg

PW from 116, almost got the eagle.

d744912d081788e2ff6c74a357faa537.jpg

The nice part was you walking up to address the ball and saying, "I need a birdie". #BOOM

The nice part was you walking up to address the ball and saying, "I need a birdie". #BOOM

Too bad it also worked earlier in the round when I said that I didn't have a 3 putt yet. LMAO

205 yd par 3 and I put a 3 iron to 10 ft, it just never left the target and was high and soft.

I'll go with a pitch shot. I had an uneven lie, the ball was down in the muck. I had to carry it about 15 feet to get out of the rough, get the ball roll up a slope to a ridge from which it became a down hill left to right breaker. I hit it to about 10" for the kick in par save.

215 out with my 3 hybrid to 25ft on long par 4. Not a good birdie chance but on the green from that distance feels great.

Shula's #5 par 3 137 yds hit 9 iron pin high to 10 feet. Made the birdie putt!

197 yard 4 hybrid to the green on a par 5. Drive was good distance but left and had me in some tall grass near a lake. Hit an 8 iron toward the fairway for position. I was 210 to the pin and smoked the 4 hybrid. Two putts and got the par.

Hit longest drive at the Kenya Airways Open.
Longest long drive in the history of the club, 417 yards to 8 feet from the pin.
First Longest Drive to reach the green.

10385550_645677333181_1325136192641844917_n.jpg

Missed the putt though and made birdie.:arrogant:

148 7i fairway bunker to here:

69918d4261bcfadb2685449879753dc7.jpg

Had two nice shots that set up a birdie yesterday:

First a 60* from 80 yards to 3 feet. Ball took one hop and stopped. Made the putt.

Second a 6i from 165 to about 4 feet, made that one as well.

40 yards away from the green in 2 on #9, a 3-shot Par-5. Green is elevated and the pin is right up front. I was on a very tight, very wet lie and never considered any option but a bump-and-run 9-iron. I hit it perfectly into the upslope, then it popped up onto the green, took a small hop and stopped 1 foot away for the easy birdie.

Drained a 60 footer or so that broke around 10 feet for birdie.

Otherwise rough day on the course!

Drained a 60 footer or so that broke around 10 feet for birdie.

Otherwise rough day on the course!

With the......

M1!?!?!

Hehe

I didn't hit a good golf shot all freaking day

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had a few today, but the one that stood out was my tee shot on 18 at El Campeon. I could not have hit it better leaving me 148 into the green. Felt good to end the weekend on that high note.

I had a few today, but the one that stood out was my tee shot on 18 at El Campeon. I could not have hit it better leaving me 148 into the green. Felt good to end the weekend on that high note.

Safe travels home big guy! Looked like you had a blast!

You did fine off the tee.

Until the last few holes.....short game is still hurting me. Just not getting those chips close enough after missing greens. It's winter though - gotta get better!

Second shot on the 18th coming in tonight. GPS said 230 to the center, and it was getting mighty dark. The course record was safe, so I grabbed my 5w and let it rip. I knew it went up the right side, but that was it. As we were all walking to the green everyone was finding their shots, but I hadn't seen mine, and figured I was in the bunker on the right side of the green. I was wrong. My ball was pin high, 7 feet to the right. Eagle putt fell on the low side, tap in for third birdie of the round.

e4f87d79f31344c7c22cdc62b8482c2d.jpg

Another contender was my birdie putt on the 6th hole, about 40 feet across one tier down to another trickling right into the center of the cup.

Played a great round during our Australia Day comp at my local course. Near hole in 1, under a foot from the hole and we all swear it rolled over the cup... so close high drawing 5 iron into 165m par 3. So close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back