Best Tech Fiber Shirts?

If I could only wear one shirt on the golf course in hot weather it would be the Nike Dri-fit Body Mapping. I just never get wet or feel hot, even wearing a dark color on a sunny day. The sleeves are open and perfect length, and the shirt itself isn't too long to wear untucked if that is what you want to do. I have several and none of them show any signs of wear.

I really liked the Greg Norman shirts I picked up at the Sams Club. They didn't have that shiny look and were in solid plain colors. They felt great and could be worn to work, too.

My husband really likes Travis Mathew shirts. There are a few companies that make "moisture wicking" shirts that actually seem to trap that moisture in, but the Travis Mathew shirts do a good job. Same with J. Lindeberg if you are interested in a higher priced shirt.

I just picked up my first couple of T Mathew shirts this week....anxious to see how their pima cotton blend with moisture wicking fiber shirt does against my sweat machine of a body. I'm skeptical to say the least but willing to try them. I fear that they may hold moisture more so than traditional wicking fabrics that don't have cotton based properties

My husband really likes Travis Mathew shirts. There are a few companies that make "moisture wicking" shirts that actually seem to trap that moisture in, but the Travis Mathew shirts do a good job. Same with J. Lindeberg if you are interested in a higher priced shirt.

My favorites are Adidas and Nike shirts. Have never had an issue with either brand, would recommend you give them a try. You can get some great deals on both brands by checking out eBay.

I just picked up my first couple of T Mathew shirts this week....anxious to see how their pima cotton blend with moisture wicking fiber shirt does against my sweat machine of a body. I'm skeptical to say the least but willing to try them. I fear that they may hold moisture more so than traditional wicking fabrics that don't have cotton based properties

You will remain skeptical. The cotton blended shirts are just that. Cotton and they show sweat.

Cotton = moob sweat for Hawk

Bad news my friends.

thanks for the confirmation...into the 'for work and not for golf' pile they go...
You will remain skeptical. The cotton blended shirts are just that. Cotton and they show sweat.

Let me know what you think. My husband has the 100% synthetic shirts from TM and loves them. He says that they do a good job of keeping the funk away - but again that's the non-cotton blend.

My favorites are Adidas and Nike. Never had a problem with either and have had several shirts now for over 4 years that still look and wear great.

My husband likes the Nike and Addias ones best. In the summer in Florida, he looks for the really really thin/lightweight one from Addias.
He is too cheap to buy some of the higher end stuff. And Nike and Addias are readily available at most sporting goods stores.

Holy thread revival!

I am still using a fishing shirt ATM, but after a couple more paychecks I am gonna pull the trigger on a CC shirt.

AUR has bamboo in their clothes, I really love the material :) I'm sure they have the same in men's clothing as well!

I'm a big fan of the Adidas Climacool and Formotion and Nike TW Platinum...

I don't know how great the yarns are, but I love the styling and cuts.

I have some from several different lines. I've really liked the Nike Dri-Fit shirts, they're always comfortable. Also looking forward to getting my new Fila shirt out on the course to see how it holds up.

One line I haven't seen anyone mention yet would be any of the Columbia polos. Especially look for Omni-Freeze (cooling), Omni-Shade (sun protection), Omni-Wick (yep, you guessed it!), and the Titanium line. Extremely comfortable, and my Titaniums with omni-shade/omni-wick do a great job in the heat and humidity here.

Looking at CC's lineup, and I see their Boss polo is 10-15 bucks more than their others. Why is this?

Looking at CC's lineup, and I see their Boss polo is 10-15 bucks more than their others. Why is this?

Hmmmm.

Im looking at their site and it appears that while they have a couple of shirts less expensive, the Boss Polo is right in line with the rest and even cheaper than quite a few.
I wore one tonight by the way. Love the material in this shirt.

I like Adidas, Ashworth & Antigua easy to keep up with the 3 A's.

Hmmmm.

Im looking at their site and it appears that while they have a couple of shirts less expensive, the Boss Polo is right in line with the rest and even cheaper than quite a few.
I wore one tonight by the way. Love the material in this shirt.

lol, I just looked at the site too. I was looking at an EWG cat.
I am dying to have one. How is the odor control? I know lesser materials can get to smelling a little funky.

lol, I just looked at the site too. I was looking at an EWG cat.
I am dying to have one. How is the odor control? I know lesser materials can get to smelling a little funky.

You wont have any issue with that at all.
I have 3 of the Boss shirts and they are some of my favorites.

You wont have any issue with that at all.
I have 3 of the Boss shirts and they are some of my favorites.

Great. I just negotiated with the parents, I can have ONE at that price point, but I may negotiate for a less expensive shirt too, maybe an adidas. I think the Boss is the winner. It has to be better than the Van Heusen cotton blends I am currently wearing. They weigh in at about 2 pounds after 9 holes of walking.

Great. I just negotiated with the parents, I can have ONE at that price point, but I may negotiate for a less expensive shirt too, maybe an adidas. I think the Boss is the winner. It has to be better than the Van Heusen cotton blends I am currently wearing. They weigh in at about 2 pounds after 9 holes of walking.

You got the one, I would stick with it. Negotiating could lead to bad things...hehe

Get one, see if you love it, and then come back for me soon...hehe

You got the one, I would stick with it. Negotiating could lead to bad things...hehe

Get one, see if you love it, and then come back for me soon...hehe

Goodness, truer words have never been said. :starwars::deadhorse: :beat-up:

Heh, I hope I do. I would hate to get addicted to buying nice clothes though, I could end up like that JB guy.

Back