Black Covert 2.0 Coming?

lmh3

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 0.2
Saw an option for a Matte Black Covert 2.0 on our special order screen at work today with a 5/2 ship date. Not sure if it is real, since stuff comes up and falls off of it many times through the course of the year. Could be interesting to see how a black version would do.

I never thought the red was the issue with that club. I thought the super low head along with that stock shaft could be a bit of an issue for most people until they know they really need to loft up, or need a different shaft to help get that ball in the air and maybe even add spin depending on the person.

It's a deep club though when you catch it

I think it was announced a few months ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not the first time I've heard of this. Think it would look really cool if they keep the white Nike logo.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The red doesn't hurt it, but a black version may catch a few of those who prefer a "normal" color. I like the idea of color options but I prefer the way Cobra does it by bringing them all to market at once and allowing the consumer to choose.

That's cool, but it won't matter for the bottom line I don't think. Only TM can make dollars off releasing the same club in a different color months later.

I am with Hawk. It would be a pretty cool option but I don't think it will make it sell any better.

Yeah limited release on the performance head is what I read. I think it won't matter.

That's cool, but it won't matter for the bottom line I don't think. Only TM can make dollars off releasing the same club in a different color months later.
Crazy to think how true this is.

It really is, they have that ability cornered. Its crazy to sit back and think about.
People buy new things. TM is the only company I know that can get crazy publicity for releasing a... wait for it... BLACK DRIVER! (Black R1)

If they do it's a shame. Release the different colours when the driver comes out. I hate that they are taking the tm model of this.

I think the red looks better.

Looks like GD made the comparison for us

I think the covert would look amazing inverted to that image. Black text, swoosh with the rest white.

I think matte black is a great looking color on a driver and I currently play the covert, so naturally...I like it a lot. I'm excited to see some more pictures of it.

I love the idea of a matte black Covert. It seems to go with the name better. Bright red is anything but "covert".

I wonder if Tiger will stick with the red or go to black

I wonder if Tiger will stick with the red or go to black

Might be wrong, but isn't the matte black only an option for the regular version, not the tour?

Might be wrong, but isn't the matte black only an option for the regular version, not the tour?

I think you are correct but if tiger wants it I am sure they will make him one

So funny that TM comes out with a "limited edition" color change to their flagship driver and people are all up in arms, and Nike does the exact same thing and nothing happens.

That's because it's pretty much irrelevant.

The driver that is. The lack of discussion is a great indicator of that.

That's because it's pretty much irrelevant.

The driver that is. The lack of discussion is a great indicator of that.

agreed. They could make a tiedye crown and it would probably be glossed over. Covert just doesn't seem to gain any traction.

Back