Boccieri Golf Heavy Hybrid Preview

Looks and good and bad for me. It looks good at address, but the sole needs some love. I totally missed this at the Outing because it was just so popular! Looking forward to your review Hawkster!

Looks and good and bad for me. It looks good at address, but the sole needs some love. I totally missed this at the Outing because it was just so popular! Looking forward to your review Hawkster!

Funny you say that because I didn't hit it at the outing either. I'm sort of glad I didn't as I have no opinions, good or bad, to start with. Hoping to hit the range tomorrow or Wednesday for some real testing. I hit it on the course a couple times and off of some mats (and we've already talked about how I feel about them). I only hit it a handful of times. I did get a couple shots off that really shocked me. Very nice ballflight and a satisfying sound.

I'm thinking about taking a loan for a plane ticket so I can run into on the driving range. I miss this hybrid.

Funny you say that because I didn't hit it at the outing either. I'm sort of glad I didn't as I have no opinions, good or bad, to start with. Hoping to hit the range tomorrow or Wednesday for some real testing. I hit it on the course a couple times and off of some mats (and we've already talked about how I feel about them). I only hit it a handful of times. I did get a couple shots off that really shocked me. Very nice ballflight and a satisfying sound.

I'm thinking about taking a loan for a plane ticket so I can run into on the driving range. I miss this hybrid.

Do it. Seriously. We'll hit this thing for 5 hours straight and go play TPC Deere Run. I always love other golfers' feedback!

That'd seriously be amazing. No idea how Ill swing it but I need to look into and a trip to the big O.

I'm still dreaming of the ball flight..... And how easy this was to hit.

Do it. Seriously. We'll hit this thing for 5 hours straight and go play TPC Deere Run. I always love other golfers' feedback!

One thing I'm curious about it is how the backweighting will affect my tempo (obviously). I tend to go after my hybrids at times and wonder how this hybrid will react to that.

Hope to hit the range in about 30 minutes to get some good first thoughts on this hybrid. It's raining a bit, but I've been waiting for today and it's going to be hard to stop me.

Hit it well Hawk! Can't wait to hear your thoughts after the range session!

Hope to hit the range in about 30 minutes to get some good first thoughts on this hybrid. It's raining a bit, but I've been waiting for today and it's going to be hard to stop me.

Have fun buddy! I truly enjoyed this club at the outing!

A little rain never hurt anybody, now a little lightening.... that's a different story.

I like the looks of the green alignment mark on top. Looking forward to your reviews Hawk

Funny you say that because I really don't like the green at all in this line. I like my green THP stuff, but this isn't that attractive to me. However, it's not something I notice that much in hand.

+1 Although I think it would bother me at address. I didn't get to try these, but I am curious as to what you think about them.

Nice Hawk. Looking forward to your thoughts and review on this hrbrid.

Time to hang with the family for a bit, but I will update soon. I will say that im somewhat surprised with what i saw today.

Posted via Tapatalk

First thing I want to say is that I didn't notice the green at all today. I obviously saw it b/c it's the alignment aid, but it wasn't noticeable or distracting in any way. I hit this alot at the range vs. my 19.5° Fybrid. Basically the same loft as the Heavy is 20°, but the Heavy shaft is 1 inch shorter.

I did not notice the weighting at all. Afterwards, I thought about the fact that I didn't notice it, but I literally never thought about it once while I was hitting it. In fact, if you'd handed me the club blind, I wouldn't have mentioned it all.

I LOVE the way it looks at address. It's slightly smaller than the Fybrid and sets up very nice to the ball.

Ball flight was mid/high. I cracked a couple that got way up there, but it was mostly mid/high.

Distance was right on par with the Fybrid, if not a couple yards shorter.

The Heavy was hitting the perfect fade over and over. I mean over and over and over and over. I was literally all over the 'green' at 189 yards. It was by far more consistent in terms of accuracy than the Fybrid. Enough so that I'm going to bag it on Sunday at TPC Deere Run. That's no small deal either. I'm paying almost 100.00 for that round and need a club for that distance that I can count on.

Mishits were pulls for me. No hooking or slicing. Just a few dead pulls.

Sound reminds me of the sound that the baby that Cleveland fairways and Fybrids would make. A bit of a tinny TING sound. I liked it.

Also, it was raining lightly and the grip is really good. When I picked up the Fybrid after the Heavy, I was a bit concerned about tossing it. It's good to know that the grip is solid as it's pretty integral to the whole theory behind the club's weighting.

Say Hawk, maybe I missed it but what flex is this hybrid?

Also, it was raining lightly and the grip is really good. When I picked up the Fybrid after the Heavy, I was a bit concerned about tossing it. It's good to know that the grip is solid as it's pretty integral to the whole theory behind the club's weighting.

Ok so how is the grip part of the weighting system? Is it heavier than say a normal grip or what?

PS sorry for all the seperate posts but the questions just keep popping up.

No problem, RW. I think I may have been mistaken in how I thought the grip was constructed. It's sort of a mystery to me me now.

Here is a pic:
full-swing-technology-back-weighting-system.gif

Either way, it looks like the weight goes over the butt end of the grip?

Ok so how is the grip part of the weighting system? Is it heavier than say a normal grip or what?

PS sorry for all the seperate posts but the questions just keep popping up.

It's always fantastic when a club comes out of the box and is consistent right away. I hope the consistency remains for you through TPC Deere Run. Looking forward to hearing your 'on the course' comments.

It's always fantastic when a club comes out of the box and is consistent right away. I hope the consistency remains for you through TPC Deere Run. Looking forward to hearing your 'on the course' comments.

Me too. I'm actually going to skip eating lunch today so I can get out for another range session. I want to see if what I saw yesterday happens again.

I guess I'm just really surprised again at how much I like this hybrid at this point in the review. Not to say that I didn't think it would be a fine hybrid, but I really didn't expect it to be as good as it appears to be so far in range testing. I'm sort of very picky about hybrids and this is surprisingly good.

Today, I hit the 20° Heavy against my 23° hybrid. One thing I noticed is that the head shape of the two is a bit more comparable. Still actually preferred the head shape of the Heavy and the way it set up to the ball.

The Heavy still wanted to have a slight fade that started a bit left of the target and came back to the center. That's my typical and preferred shot shape if I can't get dead straight. I did hit a few straight shots and a few pulls like I always do. For the distance that I'm hitting this, I'm very shocked at how accurate it is. I really felt like it wanted to go where I aimed it. Distance today was in the 180-190 carry range, but the grass was high out on the range, so I don't know what sort of roll out I would have gotten. I would guess that this will be my 190-200+ club, which is about what I get from my current similar hybrid. Ball flight was still mid/high off the turf, but high off the tee.

Definitely can't wait to see how this performs on the course. It really has me pondering my hybrid set up in a big way. Time will tell.

I guess I'm just really surprised again at how much I like this hybrid at this point in the review. Not to say that I didn't think it would be a fine hybrid, but I really didn't expect it to be as good as it appears to be so far in range testing. I'm sort of very picky about hybrids and this is surprisingly good.

Today, I hit the 20° Heavy against my 23° hybrid. One thing I noticed is that the head shape of the two is a bit more comparable. Still actually preferred the head shape of the Heavy and the way it set up to the ball.

The Heavy still wanted to have a slight fade that started a bit left of the target and came back to the center. That's my typical and preferred shot shape if I can't get dead straight. I did hit a few straight shots and a few pulls like I always do. For the distance that I'm hitting this, I'm very shocked at how accurate it is. I really felt like it wanted to go where I aimed it. Distance today was in the 180-190 carry range, but the grass was high out on the range, so I don't know what sort of roll out I would have gotten. I would guess that this will be my 190-200+ club, which is about what I get from my current similar hybrid. Ball flight was still mid/high off the turf, but high off the tee.

Definitely can't wait to see how this performs on the course. It really has me pondering my hybrid set up in a big way. Time will tell.

That is awesome Hawk! I love that this club has surprised you, and in a good way. It sounds like you are hitting it very well, and pretty consistently too. Glad to hear that, and I can't wait to hear how it performs for you on the course.

Back