Boccieri Heavy Driver - Forum Testing Review

Very interesting take HG. I agree with you. Had TM, Callaway, Nike, Ping, Adams, Cleveland or Titleist come out with the weighting called it "Technological breakthrough in balance weighting" they would be selling like crazy in my opinion.

Probably not Callaway! HAHA. We all know their marketing issues and CEO stepping down. I kid.

Very interesting take HG. I agree with you. Had TM, Callaway, Nike, Ping, Adams, Cleveland or Titleist come out with the weighting called it "Technological breakthrough in balance weighting" they would be selling like crazy in my opinion.

You just know that this is one of the next items in line - "adjustable" balance weighting.

I recieved my driver with the NV shaft today. I'll get pictures up when I get my computer issues resolved. I really like the looks of the green shaft in this driver. I can't wait to hit it tomorrow and see how it does compared to the other shaft. HG I'm so glad you were given a driver head to fit your swing. It's awesome the feedback all of us are sharing here.

I recieved my driver with the NV shaft today. I'll get pictures up when I get my computer issues resolved. I really like the looks of the green shaft in this driver. I can't wait to hit it tomorrow and see how it does compared to the other shaft. HG I'm so glad you were given a driver head to fit your swing. It's awesome the feedback all of us are sharing here.

I must have missed this part...did you send it back to get re shafted or did you buy a shaft yourself?

During my talk with Mr. Boccieri I mentioned that I was getting a little ballooning and the ball was falling out of the sky with little rollout. He suggested that he send me another driver with the NV shaft with a stiffer tip to see how it compared to the NVS shaft. After I decide which one fits best he wants me to send the other back. I thought that was pretty awesome. And yes, I had posted this previously but it's nice to refresh for the skimmers.

I was wondering if anyone had spoken to Mr. Bocceri about getting a picture of the HD in white to post on the forum thread. I'm not sure how long the white club head thing will last, but it is always nice to see your options.

During my talk with Mr. Boccieri I mentioned that I was getting a little ballooning and the ball was falling out of the sky with little rollout. He suggested that he send me another driver with the NV shaft with a stiffer tip to see how it compared to the NVS shaft. After I decide which one fits best he wants me to send the other back. I thought that was pretty awesome. And yes, I had posted this previously but it's nice to refresh for the skimmers.

Thats pretty awesome of him, I actually have been following this thread pretty well bc I am interested in this driver. Sorry I cant keep up with everything

Thats pretty awesome of him, I actually have been following this thread pretty well bc I am interested in this driver. Sorry I cant keep up with everything

I thought it was awesome as well. I can't believe how much support he has given to all of us and consider myself very lucky to be a part of this. As for keeping up, good luck! Theres alot of great info here.

I definitely second that! Mr. Boccieri has been amazing to us testers. He is just about the most genuine guy I have spoken to. He is genuinely concerned that the testers have equipment that fits them.

I definitely second that! Mr. Boccieri has been amazing to us testers. He is just about the most genuine guy I have spoken to. He is genuinely concerned that the testers have equipment that fits them.

So cool of him. Reminds me a bit of my SeeMore testing experience. Just plain top notch!!

Hearing things like this has definitely skyrocketed Boccieri golf in my book.

Im going to hopefully get another range session in tonight, and play Sunday night. After Saturday, I will be able to update as I could've and should've been doing if the AT&T National did not come to town.

Good thoughts guys, I can't wait to get back out there.

So, how did the HD do in my league last night? Well, I shot a 40 (+4), for my best round ever on the back 9, and my second best nine holes all year. Despite this great score, I only hit 3/7 fairways, and one of my misses was when teeing off with a 4 iron. Looking at just the HD, it hit 2/5 fairways. The main culprit, pushing it out to the right a little on the start. I expect the baby fades out of this driver, but when I start right of my target line, its not going to stay in the fairway.

Still though, I'm not disappointed one bit in the performance of the driver. I was pushing every club in my bag (except the putter), so it was user error, not the club. Also, I still got great distance out of the club. Of the 3 misses with the HD, one was 2 yards into the right rough, the second miss was 6 inches into the right rough, and the third miss got a little greedy on the line and rolled into a bunker protecting the turn in a dogleg right. Compared to where I was 3 weeks ago, I will take all of those misses every time. Most of the time, I simply rolled into the rough as a result of getting so much roll out of this club. Even the bunker was the result of lots of roll. It would land in the fairway, granted the right side, and just keep rolling and rolling and rolling.

Also, as a comparison. 3 weeks ago, I was averaging 3-5 shots OB into the prairie. That's a lot of penalty strokes. But with the HD, I really did not fear that happening. That one big slice I hit every once in awhile with the HD never got into my mind. And what about distance? I was averaging 250-255. I did have one roll up to 265. Compared to the old driver 3 weeks ago, that's about 30-40 yards more. Compared to the old driver as I hit it a year ago, that's about 5 yards more on average.

So overall, it was a great experience, and proof that I made the right decision to play the HD over my Burner Draw. And it is going to stay that way through the rest of the year.

One other interesting tidbit, after the round, of course we stepped into the clubhouse for an adult beverage. While in there, the people I played with were very interested in this driver. One reason for that was because this was the first they had seen of me hitting good drives, and more importantly for them, they could not believe how much roll the ball got. So I gave my best 10 minute speech about how I got the club (thanks THP!), who made it, the design of the club and what it's meant to do. One of them even asked where he could get one, and I told him GolfTEC (soon I think), or Boccieri Golf Website. I know they're in GolfTown stores, but we don't have any in this timezone that I'm aware of. The other thing they were really impressed with was how much distance I got with such an easy swing.

This driver is getting people's attention.

~Rock

Great to hear Rock! I think overtime this driver is going to impress more and more people! Now we have to work at getting it into the hands of the people.

Couple of quick questions for you reviewers: are you noticing any awkwardness with the non-counterbalanced clubs in your bag? And what sort of shaft profiles are in your other woods/hybrids?

Thanks

Unfortunately, I have no idea what the shaft is like in my old driver. It's a 2007 TM Burner Draw, with REAX stiff shaft. That's all I know. It puts a lot of spin on the ball.

I do find it difficult to switch between the two drivers. When I swing the Burner, it feels like I can't control the plane, my tempo is off, and I have no ability to aim or make consistent contact. However, when going from the Burner to the HD, sometimes I get a little steep with the HD because now I'm swinging a heavier club.

I like the question, and I think maybe next time I'm at the range, I will swing 10-12 balls with each driver. That way there's a few balls for each driver to get 'readjusted.' But for me, they are two totally different clubs when I swing them.

McRock,

I am glad you are enjoying the heavy driver. I hope it stays in your bag and the little misses turn into hit fairways. Congrats on the 40.

Couple of quick questions for you reviewers: are you noticing any awkwardness with the non-counterbalanced clubs in your bag? And what sort of shaft profiles are in your other woods/hybrids?

Thanks

I havent noticed a difference or notice myself changing my swing with my other clubs, but I have yet to find continued success with the Heavy Driver. I have the std TP Reax stiff shaft in my SuperTri and the std stiff shaft in my r9 4 wood. I continue to hit these pretty well.

Thanks

Good questions. First off, I am not finding it awkward to swing my other clubs, although it makes me want to give my other clubs similar treatment, cause it just feels very natural to me to have the weight in the back. It probably would be awkward to swing a driver without the backweight though. My other driver is also an X flex, but I can tell that the HD has a softer tip section than my R11 with the Diamana ahina shaft in it. I do think that some of my misses to the right with the HD are probably because of the softer tip on the shaft.

Apologies for the lack of updates the last few days - I'm on vacation until tomorrow! I should have some cool updates when I get home though.

Broke my record yesterday at Red Rock Arroyo. Shot 71 (-1) for a fantastic round. Before you guys get too excited, it was a tournament and they made us play from the blue tees (The middle of 5 different tees and only clocked in at 6050 yards) I"m used to the black tees there (second from back). So it was basically 3wood then wedge all day. In fact I only pulled the driver out 6 times the whole day.

But those 6 times were monster. Hit 5 of 6 fairways with the last one being only a "technical" miss. I was trying to drive the green on a really short par 4 and rolled it into the greenside bunker. I played the par 5's -4 under (Eagle, birde, birdie par) and that was directly due to being in a great position after the tee shot. The par 5 that I par-ed I got on in 2 but three putted btw.

The other three in my group were all using the r11 btw and going no where. In fact on one whole they got into a discussion on their driver setting, one of them even pulled out the little guide that comes with the driver for reference. I stepped up and hit my drive. Then one of them said "he must have his driver set to vapor trail."

The other three in my group were all using the r11 btw and going no where. In fact on one whole they got into a discussion on their driver setting, one of them even pulled out the little guide that comes with the driver for reference. I stepped up and hit my drive. Then one of them said "he must have his driver set to vapor trail."

That is when you look at them all and go

Spoiler

There's so much testing going on here at THP lately that it is tough to keep up. I'm catching up on this one this morning and wanted to say well done to you guys. Junior, are you ever going to get out and hit your driver or what? Sounds like Mr. Boccieri is very well involved and I think that's phenomenal. Does he read this thread? It sounds to me like this driver is a real solid option. In fact, I don't think any of the guys are having any significant struggles whatsoever. With my driver woes of late, I'd hit just about anything if it helped me hit the ball straighter.

This right here is what makes THP Testing so different from any other testing out there. The owner of the co. working the customer service angle? Unheard of.

This right here is what makes THP Testing so different from any other testing out there. The owner of the co. working the customer service angle? Unheard of.

I have to agree with you there Hanks.

Back