Boccieri Heavy Driver - Forum Testing Review

Alright I've to admit I've never heard of this brand. I've read most of this thread but where are these even available? I'd love to test one compared to all the big brand name.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

I've gotta tell you guy's I'm pumped at the quality of these reviews. Very indepth and seeing some solid results from the equipment. Great job everyone, keep it up!

Alright I've to admit I've never heard of this brand. I've read most of this thread but where are these even available? I'd love to test one compared to all the big brand name.

I know Golfsmith now carries the Boccieri brand and I think you can buy direct from them; http://www.boccierigolf.com/

Mr. Boccieri is my hero. I arrived home from my vacation to find a box of grips - just as he had promised! I'm not sure if I should post the pictures in this thread or start a new one? It's so sick - these are called 'Secret Grip' and they aren't even available on his website yet. How awesome is this guy?

So, post them in this thread..make a new thread?

Mr. Boccieri is my hero. I arrived home from my vacation to find a box of grips - just as he had promised! I'm not sure if I should post the pictures in this thread or start a new one? It's so sick - these are called 'Secret Grip' and they aren't even available on his website yet. How awesome is this guy?

So, post them in this thread..make a new thread?

Do what you want but I say same thread. There's so many Testing threads going right now it's hard to keep track.

Do what you want but I say same thread. There's so many Testing threads going right now it's hard to keep track.

I have to agree. I am trying to read all of these threads each day and it's really tough

Tap tap taparoo

Just got caught up on this thread morning and I love all the info thats coming out about this driver and how involved the owner of this company has been with all the testers. Sending out different drivers with different shafts just to make sure the testers have the right drivers for their games is incredible, and after all your reviews and having seen what the new white heavy driver looks like, I would be on one of these in a second if they came in lefty. Great job everyone, loving all the info here.

Alright, so, Mr. Boccieri told me he'd send me some new grips for the rest of my clubs. He said these grips are his newest pet and he absolutely has loved the results to this point. All he asked is that I take my 6, 7, and 8 irons to the range - put his 'Secret Grip' on the 7 iron and leave the stock Di11 grips on the other two. He wants me to let him know which club I feel like I'm hitting most effectively and, if I like the 'Secret Grip' better I can keep them all. If not, he said to send them back and he'll buy me any grips that I want for my clubs. Of course, I have a feeling I'm going to like these grips.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

---

They feel nice. He said they slide right on so I can do it myself. The weight is visible at the top of the grip. I'm going to a baseball game tonight but I plan on hitting the range tomorrow before my round. I love the small Boccieri logo's that cover the grips.

Apologies if this post doesn't belong here but I wasn't sure what to do with it!

The grips just might be his niche...I'm already intrigued.

This thread makes me giddy. :banana: I love it when I am/you are surprised by a product or a person (in this case both) in such a positive manner.

This thread makes me giddy. :banana: I love it when I am/you are surprised by a product or a person (in this case both) in such a positive manner.

Definitely the coolest part - Mr. Boccieri makes me feel like a kid at Christmas. He's so customer savvy and knows exactly what he's looking to do. He had absolutely no reason to give me a whole bunch of grips other than, well, he wanted to do so. It's just awesome. Plus, I'm getting really good results from the Boccieri line thus far - that's truly the fantastic part. I'm so excited to try every Boccieri product that I can - honestly, I've even thought about buying the lovely Boccieri Tour Bag (heck, I feel like I need to buy something from them after all they've given me, haha).

Good updates guys. Glad to see the HD is the real deal. Love the "set to vapor trail" comment. Keep em coming!

That is when you look at them all and go

Spoiler

I see something like this and I think Jurassic Park. I was waiting for TMex to stomp in and eat that sheep

What great reviews on this driver. This driver is one that I will be trying in the near future.

So in an earlier post I said the Heavy Driver has already made it into my Bag. And pretty much everyone here has glowing reviews of this driver. I thought I'ld talk a little about the the something I DON'T LIKE about this driver:

I don't like the headcover at all. It's a got a zipper and that bugs me for some reason. I'm a take the headcover off at the beginning of the round and put it back on at the end kind of guy. But for people who put the headcover back on after every shot that zipper/tight fit probably would get annoying. Plus the headcover is a little on the soft side, basically it looks like Kermit the frog sometimes from the right angle.

The sound coming off the club head threw me off at first. Drivers now a days have that insanely loud CRACK at impact which is probably going a bit too far on the other side of the spectrum. Basically people who hear me hit this driver for the first time think I mis hit it. But then they see the ball go.... haha

Yeah so.... other than that.......I like this driver a lot.

EDIT: BTW, in a very early post I complained about high spin ballooning with this driver. That's come and gone now that I"m comfortable with this driver. Havn't found time to get to a launch monitor but I'm very happy with the distance/trajectory I"m getting with this guy right now. Not going to say it's longer than my Superfast 1.0. But im' confident in saying its as long and far more accurate for me.

Definitely the coolest part - Mr. Boccieri makes me feel like a kid at Christmas. He's so customer savvy and knows exactly what he's looking to do. He had absolutely no reason to give me a whole bunch of grips other than, well, he wanted to do so. It's just awesome. Plus, I'm getting really good results from the Boccieri line thus far - that's truly the fantastic part. I'm so excited to try every Boccieri product that I can - honestly, I've even thought about buying the lovely Boccieri Tour Bag (heck, I feel like I need to buy something from them after all they've given me, haha).

I've also debated the tour bag, and putter as well!

So in an earlier post I said the Heavy Driver has already made it into my Bag. And pretty much everyone here has glowing reviews of this driver. I thought I'ld talk a little about the the something I DON'T LIKE about this driver:

I don't like the headcover at all. It's a got a zipper and that bugs me for some reason. I'm a take the headcover off at the beginning of the round and put it back on at the end kind of guy. But for people who put the headcover back on after every shot that zipper/tight fit probably would get annoying. Plus the headcover is a little on the soft side, basically it looks like Kermit the frog sometimes from the right angle.

The sound coming off the club head threw me off at first. Drivers now a days have that insanely loud CRACK at impact which is probably going a bit too far on the other side of the spectrum. Basically people who hear me hit this driver for the first time think I mis hit it. But then they see the ball go.... haha

Yeah so.... other than that.......I like this driver a lot.

EDIT: BTW, in a very early post I complained about high spin ballooning with this driver. That's come and gone now that I"m comfortable with this driver. Havn't found time to get to a launch monitor but I'm very happy with the distance/trajectory I"m getting with this guy right now. Not going to say it's longer than my Superfast 1.0. But im' confident in saying its as long and far more accurate for me.

Yeah, it seems like we're all in agreement about the headcover.

Yeah, it seems like we're all in agreement about the headcover.

Yep. I said the same thing early on. I like the cover on at all times as I like to keep things looking as good as possible, but I find the zipper to be cumbersome.

Spent 2 hours on the range this morning with the driver yet again, part of it with my teacher. Made some good gains in both distance and accuracy with a couple of swing tweaks. I'm working on the full report now.

I shot my personal best and finally broke down the barrier of 80 with a 79 today! I can honestly say that this driver is a major reason why seeing as I only missed one fairway with it today! I have never had a driver that I feel so confident in. The one fairway, the last, was missed because of pressure. I knew what was on the line and instead of just swinging it I tried to guide it.

I'm loving this driver and can't believe how well it fits me. So far the nvs shaft fits me better than the NV. The NV slices a lot easier anyway. I really haven't tried to dial it in yet to be honest because I'm hitting the other so well. To say I'm pumped about shooting my personal best is an understatement and breaking the 80 barrier is a big deal to me. I owe the heavy driver a lot of credit for helping me finally do it!

Congrats degoins!

just tap it in!

Degoins thats great man, congrats on the 79! The Heavy Driver is a HUGE hit.

This morning I hit the range with the Heavy Driver once again with my brother in law serving as my spotter with a laser rangefinder. I started off the session with my normal slightly closed stance. Of the roughly 40 balls I hit, again with the aid of a old shaft on the ground for alignment, I was able to hit almost every shot with a nice controlled fade ball flight. Average distance was in the 235/245 range with a few rolling out to around 250.

After a short break, I was able to get my PGA teacher out with me to observe what I had going on. As I continued to set up with the closed stance and hit several nice fades, my teacher stopped me to talk about a few things. He first pointed out the he thought my setup was OK and getting the job done, he also felt I was giving up a little distance wise with this.

He first asked me to set up square to the target line, both with my feet and club face. Next he asked me to make my grip stronger, getting the V of my hands pointing more to the outside of my right shoulder. Lastly, he felt in watching me, that I was picking the clubhead up a little quicker than he liked with driver, so he had me really keep it low in the take a way, almost to the point of really dragging it on the ground a good foot and half.

With this setup, right off the bat, I was able to hit a great draw shot, which was really a first for me with this driver. While I could always hit a draw most of the time with my K15 with just a little stronger grip and closing my stance, this was the first time I was able to hit a nice high draw while being set up square to the target line. In this setup, I was able to really get into a groove on the range and just hit draw after draw. I did have 2 bad swings out of maybe 40, which resulted in a pretty good slice right (double cross). In this group of shots, I was very lucky to not pull or hook any shots hard left, which is something I rarely do anyway. Distance wise, there was for sure some gain, maybe fifteen to twenty yards on average with the draw, with a couple out in the 260 range.

To experiment just a little, I switched to my K15 using this same setup, and with the driver being a draw bias head, I was still able to hit several good draws, but many were close to being hooks with some loss of distance. The K15 also has a soft regular shaft so it is easy to miss left with too strong of a grip. The K15 is also pretty closed at address, a little more than the Heavy, again because it is built as a draw bias driver.

In closing, I learned a lot today. With the face not being as closed as I'm use to, it takes a really strong grip with the Heavy driver along with a low and slow take a way, to hit shot after shot nearly straight to a slight draw. If I could hit this shot the rest of my life with this driver, I would never let it go. After the range session, we headed out for a quick nine. Of the six times I used the Heavy Driver, I hit five fairways with all shots being center or slightly left of center. Distance was very very good for me, with two being in the 260/265 range which is above average for me.

Everytime out, I learn something new about this driver, and today, with the help of my teacher, I had the best draw swing I have had in some time. I have always been a cut or fade player most of my life, but with the distance gain, I would like to keep this draw going, and with more practice and play, I sure this driver will be the one to keep me on or close to the fairway.

I've again attached a pic of the ball flights for most of the shots I hit today. AA is with the weaker grip, closed stance and a steeper take a way. BB is with a much stronger grip (to the point it felt a little odd), square stance and low on the ground take a way.

DriverShots4.png

Very cool Hoosier, it sounds like this driver has completely changed your game off the tees. Probably for the better.

I'm really enjoying this thread guys.

Back