Bridgestone Enters The Morgan Cup

Yeah, we talked about that. It's pretty simple: Bridgestone needs to sell more RH equipment to justify making it available to lefties. They feel as though they have a great catalog of products and they strongly believe in THP, hence their participation in the MC 2.0. I hope the Bridgestone staffers bring it, b/c they are excited and they are watching very intently.

To the bolded part TC, did you discuss expansion into other markets? Currently Bridgestone isn't available in Canada aside from their balls. You would think that would be a good move. Canada is a pretty big market. I'm sure Bridgestone would get lots of love up here if they brought their clubs.

Its not big enough until Bridgestone is big enough.

But they won't get any bigger without putting their clubs into more peoples hands.

But they won't get any bigger without putting their clubs into more peoples hands.

Yes, but I imagine the tooling to produce LH as well would be an incredible cost.

Its a true double edge sword.

To the bolded part TC, did you discuss expansion into other markets? Currently Bridgestone isn't available in Canada aside from their balls. You would think that would be a good move. Canada is a pretty big market. I'm sure Bridgestone would get lots of love up here if they brought their clubs.

No, the Bridgestone clubs and their presence in Canada didn't come across my mind buddy. I would assume they are working hard on making Bridgestone more of a staple in the States a priority. Fact is, in about a 2-3 year window, we've witnessed how their golf ball line has grown and risen and now I expect to see the same out of the equipment end. You have to remember that Bridgestone (Tour Stage) is massive in Asia. They are pretty dominant in that market so it's not like they're hurting. They are smart and they are calculated, and I think that's what we're seeing.

Yes, but I imagine the tooling to produce LH as well would be an incredible cost.

Its a true double edge sword.

I understand that, my point though was more towards of growing the RH market first by expanding. Once they expand and get a bit more of a market share, then they could look into expanding into the LH market.

Now that sounds like an iron that could speak to a lot of different skill levels

After speaking at length with bstoner yesterday, the J40 line is their most forgiving line they've made to date. Especially the dual pocket J40's. Tons of perimeter weighting for the golfer, with a nice, centered CG.

But in order to do that, they need to grow their US market, before they can grow into Canada.
I understand that, my point though was more towards of growing the RH market first by expanding. Once they expand and get a bit more of a market share, then they could look into expanding into the LH market.

Now that sounds like an iron that could speak to a lot of different skill levels

They believe that it is. I can't wait for some THP'ers to get their hands on some Bstone equipment.

I think whoever gets chosen for this Bridgestone sponsorship are going to be VERY happy boys & girls! I've been reading up on some of the products coming out and they look very promising!

The J40 series wedges look great (too bad i just bought some Vokeys) and the blades are supposed to be contenders with the new Mizzys and Titleists. Really looking forward to all the happenings going on at Bridgestone! I can see they're going after it, and with this lineup, they should be! Not just a ball company, they're going to build quite the club reputation after this year.

That. Just. Happened. (tapatalk)

I'm not joking, the MC 2.0 is a huge investment for them and it could change the game for Bridgestone. Their equipment would stack up against any other OEM's out there, I have no doubts.
Only issue I have, is their limited club selection as it's geared more for stronger players or so it seems. Their gear is top notch, no question about it. I agree with you that it could change their image a bit and have people realize that there isn't just Titleist out there for better players(speaking in terms of marketing). They've done a great job of marketing their ball and having options for the masses and I think the results speak for themselves in that area.
I've actually thought about this as well.....it could be totally off bse but I've always liked the look of Bstone gear but wonder if it could be played to its full potential by more than just the 'better players'
I see and think the same thing when I look at their website. They have some great looking gear, but their equipment seems to be geared towards professionals to mid-handicap, which to me is around 8-10 hdcp players.

No, the Bridgestone clubs and their presence in Canada didn't come across my mind buddy. I would assume they are working hard on making Bridgestone more of a staple in the States a priority. Fact is, in about a 2-3 year window, we've witnessed how their golf ball line has grown and risen and now I expect to see the same out of the equipment end. You have to remember that Bridgestone (Tour Stage) is massive in Asia. They are pretty dominant in that market so it's not like they're hurting. They are smart and they are calculated, and I think that's what we're seeing.

Fair enough, thanks. It still strikes me as strange as companies act like Canada is a different world almost. Not to rag on Bridgestone in any way, I am a huge fan of their balls, and their clubs seem top notch, but ultimately our demographics are quite similar to the States. Probably more so than any other country. So why not jump the border? It's something that's never made sense to me. But I'll stop before this gets too far off topic.

Still really glad to have Bridgestone on board!

But in order to do that, they need to grow their US market, before they can grow into Canada.

But why? Who says you need to "make it" in the States first? The Asian markets prove that.

I'm picking up what you're saying 9I. I think this is a BIG step for them in expanding, SHOULD be a huge thing for them and getting their clubs out there more. Going to be very cool to take-part/watch.

For the love of Ellie, enough about Canadia.

The asian market doesnt have a 4.5% participation rate and a 4 month golf season.

1.5 million golfers is a tiny market for a 4 month window.
But why? Who says you need to "make it" in the States first? The Asian markets prove that.

Canada is a very small portion of the North American market, making way in Canada isn't going to grow their sales dramatically. Asian markets are currently booming for golf

I'm picking up what you're saying 9I. I think this is a BIG step for them in expanding, SHOULD be a huge thing for them and getting their clubs out there more. Going to be very cool to take-part/watch.

Absolutely, without a doubt.

For the love of Ellie, enough about Canadia.

Sorry dude....

After speaking at length with bstoner yesterday, the J40 line is their most forgiving line they've made to date. Especially the dual pocket J40's. Tons of perimeter weighting for the golfer, with a nice, centered CG.
That's good to hear.

TC,
Just catching up on this thread. When you talked to your Bridgestone rep, did they give any indication if they will offer equipment for 'us' (aka-left handers) in the future?
Yeah, we talked about that. It's pretty simple: Bridgestone needs to sell more RH equipment to justify making it available to lefties. They feel as though they have a great catalog of products and they strongly believe in THP, hence their participation in the MC 2.0. I hope the Bridgestone staffers bring it, b/c they are excited and they are watching very intently.
Hopefully they can get that done and be able to branch out into the left hand market soon.

Excluding putters, I haven't seen a lineup from top to bottom that I like better then Bridgestone's 2012 lineup. It really wouldn't be hard to end up with a full bag of their clubs at all if I can get my hands on them.

I really hope Bridgestone's manufactoring processes are ready to go. Between a fantastic lineup and amazing exposure from the MC2 I can easily see an explosion of orders this year.

It's not wrong I've already dreamed up and listed out a full bag already is it?

I don't how you couldn't :)

Excluding putters, I haven't seen a lineup from top to bottom that I like better then Bridgestone's 2012 lineup. It really wouldn't be hard to end up with a full bag of their clubs at all if I can get my hands on them.

I really hope Bridgestone's manufactoring processes are ready to go. Between a fantastic lineup and amazing exposure from the MC2 I can easily see an explosion of orders this year.

It's not wrong I've already dreamed up and listed out a full bag already is it
?

It's not wrong I've already dreamed up and listed out a full bag already is it?

I've done that with every single OEM that is involved in MC 2.0

I don't how you couldn't :)

They're just so shiny. And oh my, the custom options are impressive if the PX's don't work for someone.

My precious....

Back