Bryson DeChambeau Thread

He absolutely asked the official you could hear it. If the official who is right there is going to allow it then there should be no issue

See I agree with this. If the official on the spot gives a ruling, then people shouldn't get up in arms. I said the same with the Reed drop back at TP. Going back even further, the penalty on DJ at Oakmont. I feel the ruling made by the official on the spot should be the one that stands.

Where I don't like it is when it seems like players are really trying to reach to get a ruling and when they don't get it, they just keep pushing. And that's not a shot at Bryson, we've seen plenty of examples on that one.

He absolutely asked the official you could hear it. If the official who is right there is going to allow it then there should be no issue

that’s not the issue though. the issue is he appears to take his hand off the ball then grab it again to change the alignment. although i don’t like that anyone can align the ball off the green when placing after a drop, apparently that’s allowed by the rules so it is what it is. but i thought when you took your hand off the ball, it’s in play.

that’s not the issue though. the issue is he appears to take his hand off the ball then grab it again to change the alignment. although i don’t like that anyone can align the ball off the green when placing after a drop, apparently that’s allowed by the rules so it is what it is. but i thought when you took your hand off the ball, it’s in play.
I don't have the video to look and I'm not a rules expert but again the official was right there. In my opinion if there was an issue he should have spotted it.

I think the rule after the 2nd drop is simply to “place the ball...” I’d have to go look it up but I don’t believe there is anything about ‘hands’ and ‘in play.’

It didn't look to me like he ever let go of the ball. I do think its ridiculous that he could line it up off the green but again the official was right next to him 🤷‍♂️

The people getting so riled up over this are everything wrong with golf.

Sorry, not sorry

Then I’m lying to myself because he’s not on my radar. Spieth on the other hand is..
You’re in a thread about him taking about him....

This is where golf gets really stupid. You drop and it doesn't work out, but when placing the ball you can't line it up? How the hell is it any different than lining up the ball on the tee?

This is also where I think we need to relax as fans of the game. If an official is there and he makes a judgment call that ends up being wrong, you may as well stop being up in arms. Officials get calls wrong ALL THE DAMN TIME in every other sport hahaha

the plug at the end of the round. Everything about it. Mentioning Radspeed despite not actually having any in the bag.

As can be expected, I am excited by any player that convinces other golfers to get bigger and stronger.

100% agree. Bryson inspires with his increase in strength. It even makes 55-year-old guys like me want to get stronger and motivates me to get to the gym. :)

On TV I sensed a much larger group of fans cheering for Bryson yesterday. He will have a huge following if he continues racking up wins.

I loved seeing the Bryson we saw yesterday. Ultra-competitive and playing the best golf of anyone in the field on Sunday. And he did it his way.

That was a lot of fun to watch him hit it over the lake. Wish there were more shots like that!

You’re in a thread about him taking about him....
For conversation, its a hot topic on the forum, outside of the forum I don't follow him. It's not that difficult.

It's in post 915
I find it humorous in this instance it’s ok for him to disrespect a part of the golf course and this time your ok with it. He says the bunkers are bad, you say the bunkers are bad, so they must be bad?
I don't get what you mean. Did he smash a bunker and I missed it? Or was he just critical of it?

I don't get what you mean. Did he smash a bunker and I missed it? Or was he just critical of it?
"Worst bunkers on your." I believe that s the heresy Bryson uttered.

But Twitter gonna Twitter. Such a toxic cesspool.
Yup. It's the nature of "social" media. I'm much less wound-up all the time, like I often used to be, ever since I dumped it all.

Its very difficult to maintain good muscle flexibility when you add that kind of mass, in such a short amount of time.
Not if you train correctly, it's not. (Most people do not, from what I've been able to observe.)

I don't have the video to look ...
I do, if necessary.

... and I'm not a rules expert but again the official was right there. In my opinion if there was an issue he should have spotted it.
One would think, being as the rules official was right there.

"Worst bunkers on your." I believe that s the heresy Bryson uttered.
Yeah, that's what I read as well (didn't see the video to confirm). I just made a note of saying I had a similar experience when playing Bay Hill, and was openly critical of it. I am critical of my bunkers at my home course (which is also a Palmer design) and I do not feel it is a reflection of Arnie at all, because I absolutely adore the layout.

that’s probably the most accurate take. I don’t like him and never will (douche hat, don’t care for his antics, don’t like his personality), but I’m glued to the TV to see what he does. That’s worth a lot.
It changed my opinion about the "douche hat" when he was asked about it and said he's a big historian of the game and wears it to honor the memory of Payne Stewart. I can't find a reason to not like that.

Yeah, that's what I read as well (didn't see the video to confirm). I just made a note of saying I had a similar experience when playing Bay Hill, and was openly critical of it. I am critical of my bunkers at my home course (which is also a Palmer design) and I do not feel it is a reflection of Arnie at all, because I absolutely adore the layout.
My home course is a Palmer design also, has some of the worst bunkers I've ever played out of, and we complain about them regularly. It has nothing to do with Arnie, it has to do with the fact that the greenskeepers don't maintain the bunkers properly.

is this arnies course? his golf course conditions dont represent him?

do you feel he'd say otherwise?

So Bay Hill is above criticism becaus it was Arnold Palmer's course?

I mean, if the bunkers at Bay Hill represent Arnold Palmer, that's some morbid stuff, since Arnie died 4-1/2 years ago.

do you feel he'd say otherwise?
I believe the layout is the representation of Arnie's legacy, not the condition that the course is in. That falls directly on those who care for and maintain the property.

If Bryson was openly critical of the layout, I'd be more inclined to feel the way you do (although I also respect that people have preferred layouts based on their style of play). I respect Pete Dye's vision while hating some of his layouts for my game personally. I respect Donald Ross' vision, yet hate the inclination to make humpback greens as a 'challenge' - Again based on my playstyle and preferred green shaping.

Back