Votes: 7 13.0%

• Total voters

Nerdy

Revenge of the Nerds!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
OH weather
Having a discussion with some friends recently about which jersey to buy.
You only get 1. Is it the hall of famer from years ago or the new star rookie?

I'd get a Frank Howard - not a HOFer and not a current player. But that's the one I would get.

Hall of Famer. For one reason, I've bought rookies before and then they only have a couple good years or they get traded away.

At least with the Hall of Famer you're not disappointed later, you know what you're getting ahead of time.

Is this a signed jersey to hang?
If its to wear, the answer is no.

HOFer!
But I am done buying jerserys with other mens names on them.

HOF’er. I like throwback stuff.

I'm having this debate with Cal right now about the Reds City Connect jerseys haha

he wants Elly De La Cruz.
I told him he should want Griffey Jr lmao

Last edited:
My vote is HOF'er rather than rookie but I don't see wearing one unless you are one of those crazy fans thats paints your face and has had season tickets for 20 years haha

Take it from a guy who owns a Carson Wentz jersey: “get the jersey of a HOFer”.

My last jersey was a 49ers #44... Because Tom Rathman was/is my favorite 9er....but I didn't have his name put on the back... And Juszczyk wearing it now only makes me happier with that

Haven’t worn a jersey in years and only will at home, if/when I do again. I only own two. Rams fan, so… Eric Dickerson and Jack Youngblood.

That should telegraph what my vote was.

To answer the question - HOF if I'm wearing it to games.

I think it depends on the player for me though if I'm looking at whether I want HOF or my favorite rookie. If I had an even tangential connection to a rookie, I would absolutely go that route.

I think the other question here is, how many jerseys do you own, and how often do you buy them?

If it's like "the" jersey, I'd go HOF for sure.
If you're a bit of a jersey buyer, then I see good reason to mix it up.

Then I choose neither.
I feel like a THPer in this question haha
I forgot the JB disclaimer

*If your vote is neither find another thread :ROFLMAO:

I forgot the JB disclaimer

*If your vote is neither find another thread :ROFLMAO:
hahahha. I could not heart this post enough.

I'm having this debate with Cal right now about the Reds City Connect jerseys haha

Griffey is my favorite player ever so that's not fair. But it should be him or Votto. Or Larkin. Or Rose.

Elly is solid though

HOFer!
But I am done buying jerserys with other mens names on them.
I agree with your thoughts. I have purchased some jerseys and removed the name on back (which involves some effort).

Griffey is my favorite player ever so that's not fair. But it should be him or Votto. Or Larkin. Or Rose.

Elly is solid though
He's been a Votto fan, so I told him Votto as well.

Definitely not feeling Elly after the little blip this year (yet).

If hanging up I want the HOF'er and it autographed of course.

For wearing it is more about how long you can wear it. For the Astros I currently have Altuve and Alvarez because I know that Altuve will be a beloved Astro forever and Alvarez is a bad man. Correa was one that I considered years ago but I kinda always knew he would leave. I just want a jersey I could wear 5 years from now and not be embarrassed. lol

Oh man, the Jr jersey would be KILLER

If forced to pick between the two, I'd say the HOFer as it's a known product versus the Rookie who could be a flop (Johnny Manziel jersey I just threw out is prime candidate)

Back