Callaway 2013 Wedges? Mac Daddy 2

I agree on many of the thoughts here, too busy of a back IMO. I prefer cleaner looking wedge designs and thought the 588 PFs were too busy too.

coming from the scors i bet its hard to find anything that clean!

MyCustomWedge.com FTW. LOL, They dont need to be THAT clean as the SCORs, but I like the less is more approach. Not sure how else they could get the Roger Cleveland name on them, seeing as they cant just use his last name.

What about personal attacks on people's opinions by people of authority? Is that okay? Because it certainly has been lately...

And this thread is not the appropriate place to discuss it. Please reach out to JB or GG if you feel something needs to be addressed.

MyCustomWedge.com FTW. LOL, They dont need to be THAT clean as the SCORs, but I like the less is more approach. Not sure how else they could get the Roger Cleveland name on them, seeing as they cant just use his last name.

IMO the custom clevelands aren't worth the money... they are way to much money. i LOVE the wedges just not worth another $125 each more than the stock. but you can design some sweet clean looking wedges.

Personal opinions people! Some hate and some love. Not a reason to attack. This should all be taken to the Tiger thread!

I think the wedges are beautiful. I do wish there was less lettering, but I get why they put it on there and it does nothing to ruin the look at address. I love the fact that these remind me of the Nike wedges. Me likey

Isnt that the truth.

When I look at these I just think they are going to have a ton of spin. Those grooves look mean

Isnt that the truth.

When I look at these I just think they are going to have a ton of spin. Those grooves look mean

They really do, they look crazy mean

Personally, I like the stamping and the "busyness" of it. Kinda blinged out like so many pro's wedges on tour (Rickie for example).

But I also LIKE the look of the Altitudes so perhaps my opinions are skewed. :alien:

Isnt that the truth.

i hope they stay looking mean some of the nike wedges i saw at demo day had some cool looking laser etching on face and they wore down VERY quick like it was painted on there and purely for looks. i know Harry did say theres some new technology coming out with these when we were in texas now i'm not sure if its the face or something else like the grind options but i sure am excited about them with the way callaway has improved so much in every product they have put out this year i'm hoping these are one of the biggest because i really feel their wedges have been lacking for quite a few years.

i hope they stay looking mean some of the nike wedges i saw at demo day had some cool looking laser etching on face and they wore down VERY quick like it was painted on there and purely for looks. i know Harry did say theres some new technology coming out with these when we were in texas now i'm not sure if its the face or something else like the grind options but i sure am excited about them with the way callaway has improved so much in every product they have put out this year i'm hoping these are one of the biggest because i really feel their wedges have been lacking for quite a few years.

I agree with the bolded. They seem to have put a ton of thought into this years line and I am betting the wedges follow suit. I am intrigued for sure

Personally, I like the stamping and the "busyness" of it. Kinda blinged out like so many pro's wedges on tour (Rickie for example).

But I also LIKE the look of the Altitudes so perhaps my opinions are skewed. :alien:

i think the pics of BG wedges also look busier because of the snow and the stamping on them. although i do like the stamping on them i would love to try to do some on my own.

Man Buck I would be afraid to mess it up

i think the pics of BG wedges also look busier because of the snow and the stamping on them. although i do like the stamping on them i would love to try to do some on my own.

Grant did some stamping on his SCORs a while back, it might be in that thread or the club repair section.

I like the stamping and the busyness of the stamping. The 'designed by Roger Cleveland' looks SO out of place IMO. I love the dots and the BG. Custom busyness is great, its creative. Stock busyness is bleh.

Not looked in this thread for a while, but I am not a fan of the BG stamped wedges a couple pages back - I can understand both sides of the arguments on the looks of the custom stamping, but that is too busy for me, I would prefer just the stock design, even though you don't see any of it at address

But it would definitely have to be the dark finish option for me if I was to put them in my bag

If they stop on a dime, perform the bump and run, skip and check or the lob and stop... It won't matter what is stamped on the back of the wedge.

The fact that RC created these is enough for me. The design and shape look good. Looking forward to the release

If they stop on a dime, perform the bump and run, skip and check or the lob and stop... It won't matter what is stamped on the back of the wedge.

The fact that RC created these is enough for me. The design and shape look good. Looking forward to the release
End of story. If these perform like they should I could care less what is on the back of them and how "good and clean" they look. I need the wedge to do multiple things on the golf course and one of them isn't winning a beauty contest on the driving range. If this is a Roger Cleveland design then I don't care what he puts on the back of his wedges. Mr. Cleveland is hitting home run after home run this year with the 2013 line and I fully expect, this being his bread and butter club, to be no different. Super excited about these wedges!

I dunno would everybody be along the same thinking. We've seen guys turn away from clubs because of graphics along. You have to like the look of what your using too.

Personally i'm on the side of a cleaner wedge. Last years Callaway wedges were so clean and sleek.

I dunno would everybody be along the same thinking. We've seen guys turn away from clubs because of graphics along. You have to like the look of what your using too.

Personally i'm on the side of a cleaner wedge. Last years Callaway wedges were so clean and sleek.

I agree! Though one might not agree, looks has a lot to do with purchasing a club. I am not sure I like the "dots" they have stamped on it. Looking forward to seeing them in person.

I understand to each their own. But if I hand a club and tell you to it and it does what you want. You're telling me you not use said club because of the business on the 'back' of the club. When you stare down at a wedge, it looks like a wedge. There are few exception to this rule. You would never know what was stamped on the back. If you are aware and it effects your (generalization) game, you may want to take up bowling.
All that being said, if the wedge doesn't perform, it does stay in the bag.

I understand to each their own. But if I hand a club and tell you to it and it does what you want. You're telling me you not use said club because of the business on the 'back' of the club. When you stare down at a wedge, it looks like a wedge. There are few exception to this rule. You would never know what was stamped on the back. If you are aware and it effects your (generalization) game, you may want to take up bowling.
All that being said, if the wedge doesn't perform, it does stay in the bag.

I think you're being a little unfair. Not everyone who enjoys the game of golf enjoys it for all the same reasons. What about the guys who love golf for the equipment and play golf because they like to use what stuff looks good?

Golf enjoyment isn't only about swinging the club that doesn't matter how it looks. For some its nature, for some its competitiveness, for some its buying and using gear that people love. It's nice that you only look at the front of the wedge. But not everyone does.

But one question though, if the wedge doesn't perform, why does it stay in the bag?

I think you're being a little unfair. Not everyone who enjoys the game of golf enjoys it for all the same reasons. What about the guys who love golf for the equipment and play golf because they like to use what stuff looks good?

Golf enjoyment isn't only about swinging the club that doesn't matter how it looks. For some its nature, for some its competitiveness, for some its buying and using gear that people love. It's nice that you only look at the front of the wedge. But not everyone does.

But one question though, if the wedge doesn't perform, why does it stay in the bag?

There is nothing unfair about my opinion. It's my opinion and I will never understand why people discount gear because of the look of an area you don't hit. Golf is about performance not looks. I learned this when i joined THP. i used to shun clubs due to the looks and found out that i missing out on a greatdeal. The club performs because of its construction not stamping.

If you don't like, that fine with me. If anyone doesn't like, it's fine with me. I can't make you like anything. But if Icahn offer up some logic that helps sway someone then I guess I have a good point. If not, we will part and still discuss golf, have a pint and enjoy this game for different reason.

And I meant to say if the club doesn't perform it's out the bag.

Now go take the plastic off your beautiful wedges and have It :alien2:

it doesn't matter cause these wedges are sexy!

Back