Callaway Apex MB Irons - THP Preview

Its a joke dude, don't sweat it.

We are and have always been supportive of people playing what they like here, but there is a lot of validity to the #InternetGolfer thing as well.

Blade irons are like the Sex Panther of iron shapes. Too many (probably myself included) hit a few good shots that are probably accidents, if nothing else, and get validation for playing blades.

Play whatever you want. There's no shame in that.

Its a joke dude, don't sweat it.

We are and have always been supportive of people playing what they like here, but there is a lot of validity to the #InternetGolfer thing as well.
You're right Jman, I flew off the handle there. Guess I've just read too many threads lately with a similar vibe running through them but agree there are those internet golfers who are totally full of it.

I think it's interesting that these come standard with the lighter KBS Tour-V instead of a Tour 120 or C-Taper. Wonder how the heft is.

You're right Jman, I flew off the handle there. Guess I've just read too many threads lately with a similar vibe running through them but agree there are those internet golfers who are totally full of it.

I think it's interesting that these come standard with the lighter KBS Tour-V instead of a Tour 120 or C-Taper. Wonder how the heft is.

I'm interested to see as well. I know these are WAY out of my league, but as with anything, I hope to get a few swings on them just to try them out an see. Shiny things are funny.

These are pretty. I love playing blades once in a while. Still game the MP68's for fun now and then.

These look amazing...

Love the looks of these. Obviously don't have game for them but id like to take a few swipes and see how they work

Love the looks of these. Obviously don't have game for them but id like to take a few swipes and see how they work

Which of the taylormade tp irons did you hit the best? Oh yea. The MB.

Which of the taylormade tp irons did you hit the best? Oh yea. The MB.
Yeah true but long term that wouldn't have been the case

Yeah true but long term that wouldn't have been the case

Bingo. I killed that MB 3i, but I know that long term MB's would be a dumb dumb dumb decision for me.

I like these irons. A lot. But they just don't look any different from the razr x mb irons

I would bag these in a heartbeat. Whether i can do them justice is another issue lol

I like these irons. A lot. But they just don't look any different from the razr x mb irons

Do you typically find different MB releases to look different? I mean I think back to so many releases from different companies and they are all incredibly similar.

Its true, there's only so much you can do with an MB iron. Not a lot of places/ways to shift the mass around.

Do you typically find different MB releases to look different? I mean I think back to so many releases from different companies and they are all incredibly similar.

Not really. Taylormade has been the best as far as new looks go. Just frustrating to see new lines come out with minimal changes from the previous line and still sport a price tag of $1,100. Yes I know it's the nature of the business and yes I know all companies do it. Doesn't make it any less frustrating as a consumer

GM at the Golfsmith I go to today said they will not be carrying the MB's or the UT in stock, special order item only.

Same here in the Tampa / Orlando stores, but I did find a Utility club I am picking up tomorrow after I try it out and it speaks to me like I am hoping.

Here are some side by side shots of the apex mb pw with prototype pw. Size is similar as is top line and sole (pretty much expected from muscleback irons). But definite difference in the weighting
e60dd59b8252fbea37181e94c5ea5c12.jpg

Grooves are very different (apex mb being wider and further apart)
7a36cf1940acc9485c2afc46dcd36e72.jpg

Similar blade length, sole and top line
209f0cc4245c71bdfb74837cca646e04.jpg
1f0730a7b3ceba05ba14b19f85c35463.jpg

These are beautiful irons. ZooCrew AJ had these at the Gauntlet and crushed them

Thanks for opportunity to swing those beauties Kang. That 3I was fun! A little too higher flight for me. I won't be able to hit them after you put those posts in them.

Last edited:
I am really torn between these & the Apex Pro's

Thanks for opportunity to swing those beauties Kang. That 3I was fun! A little higher flight for me. I won't be able to hit them after you put those posts in them.
Haha nippon modus 3 stiff hard stepped is the s#!t

Back