Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 - THP Review Thread

After watching me tee off this morning my usual playing partner asked why I even both having a regular driver in my bag.

Thanks, did your package arrive yet?

Not yet. I think it's scheduled for tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had some more demo time with a 14deg. SS 99+ and ball speeds approaching 150mph. Both averages higher than my current driver. Not likely to be an option for me from the deck but I'm not a fairway wood dude either.

Had some more demo time with a 14deg. SS 99+ and ball speeds approaching 150mph. Both averages higher than my current driver. Not likely to be an option for me from the deck but I'm not a fairway wood dude either.
Smash factor of 1.5 with a FW is insane. Our SS are about the same - I'd love to see similar numbers out of mine.

For those who have tried the Aero Mini, how does it compare both off the tee and off the deck?

I have been looking more into this one, super interested in adding this into the bag. Looking for a 3 wood replacement off the tee mostly but this seems to be super versitile.

I have been looking more into this one, super interested in adding this into the bag. Looking for a 3 wood replacement off the tee mostly but this seems to be super versitile.

It's a bomber. Driver like ball speeds in a easier to control package.

Kang, you had me at driver like ball speeds. I am not sure how I missed this release but I am here now. And to say I am interested is a minor understatement

One of the best clubs I have gamed, just a solid option off the tee and become a weapon off the deck
You raved on the Aeroburner mini as well, right? Which one would you run with Panda?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

So going along with the other thread about price drops, can we expect a drop for this anytime soon? I'm one of those who loves the club but doesn't really know where it fits. It would be a whole lot easier to throw it in the bag if there was a price drop.

You raved on the Aeroburner mini as well, right? Which one would you run with Panda?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Raved? I think not my fine sir. I thought the Aero burning was great with its raw distance. He fired mid flight misses off the and deck. I need more out of the club, ut was one zemensiinal for me.

The 1.5 is a diverse club for me. High or low ball flights, placement shots or raw distance. I'd go with the 1.5 everytime

So going along with the other thread about price drops, can we expect a drop for this anytime soon? I'm one of those who loves the club but doesn't really know where it fits. It would be a whole lot easier to throw it in the bag if there was a price drop.

Jman's review was just last month, which I use to infer that the club was recently released. That means we are toward the beginning of the club's release cycle so discounts are likely always off.

Just took the plunge on the 14 degree, went with Speeder as I like that shaft in the BB815 Hybrid. This club sets up nice for 5 holes at my club, possibly 7 depending on the wind.

I like th sound of that!

Maybe this as a driver replacement isn't as bad as an idea as I had thought. Don't even want to talk about my trip to the range.

Watching James pound this thing off the deck today has sparked my interest even more again, I need to find one with a speeder in a shop to test!

Quickly becoming my favorite club in the bag and I don't hesitate to talk it up on the course with playing partners. I am seeing a great mid flight ball that is VERY near the length of my driver. Forgiveness is exceptional and I can easily take a bit off distance wise when needed. I've been averaging about 10/14 FW's per round and only use driver 2-3 times per round. Yesterday I was finally able to hit a good amount of greens from the FW and it showed in the score.

This club has been an absolute game changer for me.

What are people's swing speeds with this? I am a upper 90s with the driver (BB815) and thinking if putting this in the bag. Have 3 weeks vaca in Aug so saving up for then. Currently using the X2 hot 3 deep. Great club.

What are people's swing speeds with this? I am a upper 90s with the driver (BB815) and thinking if putting this in the bag. Have 3 weeks vaca in Aug so saving up for then. Currently using the X2 hot 3 deep. Great club.

I'm same as you....upper 90's with driver.

Quickly becoming my favorite club in the bag and I don't hesitate to talk it up on the course with playing partners. I am seeing a great mid flight ball that is VERY near the length of my driver. Forgiveness is exceptional and I can easily take a bit off distance wise when needed. I've been averaging about 10/14 FW's per round and only use driver 2-3 times per round. Yesterday I was finally able to hit a good amount of greens from the FW and it showed in the score.

This club has been an absolute game changer for me.
Would you pull the driver out of the bag? My 2 deep is same distance as my Alpha. And it just silly to carry both.

105+ range here.

I am about 110
Would you pull the driver out of the bag? My 2 deep is same distance as my Alpha. And it just silly to carry both.
I've really considered it. I'm getting about same carry as driver with the mini set to 16 degrees, just less rollout. Just a silly fun club

I left this in the bag yesterday and went driver off the tee on 10/14 of the par 4s and 5s. I am seeing maybe 10yd difference between driver and this. As of right now my bag setup,will keep this and driver. Considering lofting up to make it more of what I had intended as an option of the tee when driver isn't needed vice a driver replacement

Mine should be here middle of the week, I am excited to try this out as on the sim it seems to fit my gapping perfectly. I really like the depper face for tee shots. Cheers to great shots ahead

Mine should be here middle of the week, I am excited to try this out as on the sim it seems to fit my gapping perfectly. I really like the depper face for tee shots. Cheers to great shots ahead

I see you couldn't wait until 8/8 :) What shaft did you get?

Back