Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 816 Fairway Wood - THP Preview Thead

I want. Solely off looks alone id want this. And if it performs even remotely as well as the last couple FW's they have released, I would love this one.

I have always loved Callaway fairway woods. Something about them just works with my swing. I hit my 6 year old X 3 wood around 265 from the tee, but am seriously considering trading up for one of these. Can't wait to give it a swing.

Funny you say that because I think the same thing! I bought a X Hot 5 wood, and man my confidence in hitting woods has sky rocketed. Just the other day I reach a green in two and left it 12 ft for eagle....and missed the eagle....oops...but hey two putt birdie is a nice feeling!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just love the looks of this club. That matte finish just screams "ball killer". Can't wait to start reading the reviews on this one.

Just love the looks of this club. That matte finish just screams "ball killer". Can't wait to start reading the reviews on this one.

scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Should have some pics up then and hopefully some initial performance thoughts.

scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Should have some pics up then and hopefully some initial performance thoughts.
DeanReviewDec time.

Looking forward to it Dean, this fairway seems like it could be a fun one

Played the Cally FT 3W for several years and just can't seem to part with it and I still bring it out on occasion, needless to say that I am very interested in this new offering from Callaway.

Personally I'm not a big fan of compact fairway wood heads for the most part but I look forward to your thoughts. Especially concerning forgiveness with the smaller head.

The best looking fairway wood I've ever seen. Now let's see if it performs just as well.

Thinking this might be what puts a FW back in the bag. Really looking forward to deans review on this

Funny you say that because I think the same thing! I bought a X Hot 5 wood, and man my confidence in hitting woods has sky rocketed. Just the other day I reach a green in two and left it 12 ft for eagle....and missed the eagle....oops...but hey two putt birdie is a nice feeling!

Callaway fairway offerings from that X hot line on have been incredibly good. I had that X hot as a 4 wood, big Bertha as a 3, and v series in the heavenwood. All of those lines I found very easy to hit off the deck, which I know a lot of people struggle with. I'm hoping for the same with this line.

Can't wait to see in hand photos and your thoughts dean. My 815 fairway is my favorite club in the bag currently but this thing looks sweeeet.

updated the 1st post with some in hand pictures of this beauty. Hoping to get some better ones out on the course tomorrow evening. Matte black isn't my favorite option for a crown, but my initial thoughts are they they did a real good job on it with this line. For the talk of it being the more compact head, I didn't think it was visually intimidating. Just did a brief side to side with the 14 Big Bertha 3 wood, and when talking front to back footprint, it wasn't all that much different. That's a good thing for me, because I am in a certain comfort zone with that club. Tomorrow will be the day it gets out on the course and have another round schedule Saturday AM, so the on course thoughts will be flowing in here rather quickly.

2015-08-062021.46.15_zpsyrk4ywnb.jpg

I'd hit it.

:alien:

Not gonna lie, i think this thing looks pretty badass. I wanna hit one

updated the 1st post with some in hand pictures of this beauty. Hoping to get some better ones out on the course tomorrow evening. Matte black isn't my favorite option for a crown, but my initial thoughts are they they did a real good job on it with this line. For the talk of it being the more compact head, I didn't think it was visually intimidating. Just did a brief side to side with the 14 Big Bertha 3 wood, and when talking front to back footprint, it wasn't all that much different. That's a good thing for me, because I am in a certain comfort zone with that club. Tomorrow will be the day it gets out on the course and have another round schedule Saturday AM, so the on course thoughts will be flowing in here rather quickly.

2015-08-062021.46.15_zpsyrk4ywnb.jpg

Wow man that matte finish is kinda cool though. I want to hear the sound of it. Looks wise I think it's awesome. Good luck playing a round with it. Can't wait to hear more!

Wow man that matte finish is kinda cool though. I want to hear the sound of it. Looks wise I think it's awesome. Good luck playing a round with it. Can't wait to hear more!

I'll try to record some sound bites with it tomorrow.

Man Dean, that thing looks incredible. Safe to say I WILL have a 16* version. Maybe as soon as I try it.

Looks incredible. Love the mix of matte black and high gloss black on the sole.

This club is a beast

I'll be taking a hard look at 18° in this line. I need a club that fits my eye visually (this seems to do it) and fit in my bag at about 260yds. I'd love it if I can get it there with high launch and accuracy

Looks freaking badass. I want to hit one.

Back