Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Golf Balls

To the whole part of the conversation where they said they had to throw out a couple 50yd wedge shots that seemed to slip on the face and dropped a couple thousand spin.

At one point, TXG really had my full attention, but this continual editing of the shots is turning me off. This was the most important information in the test/review in my opinion. Who wants a ball with that much variance in spin on such a delicate shot, where you have to have predictability. I want to see Matty boy on those swings, to determine whether it is complete user swing-related. I am beginning to believe that there is way too much editing going on.

So, it was almost 70 degrees today and I was dreaming of some real golf. So, I decided the next best thing was to hit some putts in my living room. The csx ls definitely wasn’t as clicky as I was expecting. A little firmer than the csx, but not as hard as I was thinking it would be.

Limited sample. But one of the things I was worried about was firmness off the putter face. And, that will likely be a non issue.
Use a White Hot OG and you are good to go, LOL.

I've been thinking of trying left dash. Curious if this yields similar results with better feel :unsure:

Use a White Hot OG and you are good to go, LOL.
Haha, not a fan of inserts. But, it is definitely an acceptable level of feedback off my Toulon San Diego.

I've been thinking of trying left dash. Curious if this yields similar results with better feel :unsure:

The simple answer is yes. I've compared the two in small sample size but LS was the better choice for me of the two

The simple answer is yes. I've compared the two in small sample size but LS was the better choice for me of the two
This is exactly what I needed to hear! Left dash is great but just a little too firm (mainly talking about the feel off the putter).

At one point, TXG really had my full attention, but this continual editing of the shots is turning me off. This was the most important information in the test/review in my opinion. Who wants a ball with that much variance in spin on such a delicate shot, where you have to have predictability. I want to see Matty boy on those swings, to determine whether it is complete user swing-related. I am beginning to believe that there is way too much editing going on.
I talked about this part of the vid with a fitter yesterday and we had an interesting discussion about expected spin consistency on partials with hard, low spin balls.

That exchange just jumped out at me and I felt bad for Callaway that they would say that if it was a user inconsistency, or say it without getting into it a little further maybe. If it is in fact a thing, then show all the shots/data, include that in the standard deviations, postulate as to why it might be, and then test again another time with another ball maybe? They have so much influence it just seemed way to Woah to throw out there casually like that to me. :confused2:

6322B4A6-BFC2-4CD4-B250-34FEBEAB88EC.jpeg
These arrived yesterday! Just in time for the rounds this weekend!

I was wondering when they would hit the stores?? I was at PGA Superstore in Framingham ma yesterday and they were not available.

Last edited:
I was wondering when they would hit the stores?? I was at PGA Superstore in Framingham ma and they were not available.
Official day is March 18th I believe but they are popping up a little before that in some places

What is the territory for “developed for the fastest swing speeds”? Is that 95+, 100+, 110+? And what about side spin? Will it help dispersion and accuracy? If it’s 100+ and can keep them closer to the middle, I’ll give them a shot. Even with a newer low launch shaft, I can still moon it.

Just got my hand on 2 dozen of these and I'll be putting it in play next Sunday. Living here is Southern Louisiana the group is pretty soggy as you can imagine. I'm also a relatively high ball hitter. The combination of land angle and soft conditions makes the CSX LS a real option for me.

I've been gaming the CSX since the '19 GD and have loved it, so not sure if I'll make the switch, but if I can pickup some carry distance with the driver and maintain distances with irons I'll be jumping in!

Just picked me up a dozen today!
9684AB68-724E-4225-888E-8E8A36AA0A3E.jpeg

Has anyone spotted standard white yet?

Fighting a bug or something so couldn’t get out this weekend to play. I’m hoping to test these next week against the CSX 20.

I am more interested in the guitar that is photo bombing us.
Haha. It’s a Fender. Wife and in laws bought it for me a long time ago. I took some lessons and then joined the Navy and shipped off to bootcamp and forgot everything. Took a couple more while stationed in Washington state and then deployed, so forgot everything again. Just never picked it up. I am just keeping it for my daughter because she’s really into music.

Has anyone spotted standard white yet?
I've only seen the TT versions in person but I know plain white will be available when they officially release on the 18th.

Got the LS out during my round today and loved it! The ball flies off the woods! It was only 45* out today during the round and I had five drives over 300 yards. Course is still a little wet so this wasn't all roll on dead grass. My average last season was about 285 with the occasional one or two a round topping out over 300. So to see that many go that far was pretty fantastic and I'm sure had to do with the slight decrease in spin that's meant to happen(no numbers to back that up besides my distances).

On irons, the ball feels....clicky isn't the right word. Fuller maybe? I hit a CSx and LS back to back a couple of times throughout the round when we had some down time and though they are the same compression, the LS felt like there was more behind it. That may not make any sense. It was my very first time using the ball so I will try to get a more defined comparative feel in the next few rounds.

Besides feel, like I said on the woods, the ball goes! It was cooler outside so loss of distance should have been somewhat noticeable, but I was able to hit my distances exactly how I feel like I should be during mid season. So there may be a little more in these than I'm even seeing right now. It will have to get warmer for me to verify what kind of distance gains, if any, I'm actually seeing.

With wedges and true approach shots, these still have all the spin on them you could ask for which is the claim. Lower spin on driver and full iron shots while still retaining close to, if not the same, spin on approach/wedge play. Even on the little touch shots around the green, these wouldn't run out on me. Granted, our greens were a little on the soft and slow side. So I could be off here once the grass livens up but for now, I don't feel like I'm at a disadvantage using these around the green.

As I said, this was all a really early eye test, but I'm liking what I'm seeing!

I've tried finding these in town but have struck out so far. A buddy and I are going to split a dozen and I'm really looking forward to seeing how it compares to the CS and CSX. I'm not sure the lower iron spin will be good for my game big I'm excited to find out.

I’m might need to snag up a sleeve to try out. The info on this ball has my interest peaked.

Got the LS out during my round today and loved it! The ball flies off the woods! It was only 45* out today during the round and I had five drives over 300 yards. Course is still a little wet so this wasn't all roll on dead grass. My average last season was about 285 with the occasional one or two a round topping out over 300. So to see that many go that far was pretty fantastic and I'm sure had to do with the slight decrease in spin that's meant to happen(no numbers to back that up besides my distances).

On irons, the ball feels....clicky isn't the right word. Fuller maybe? I hit a CSx and LS back to back a couple of times throughout the round when we had some down time and though they are the same compression, the LS felt like there was more behind it. That may not make any sense. It was my very first time using the ball so I will try to get a more defined comparative feel in the next few rounds.

Besides feel, like I said on the woods, the ball goes! It was cooler outside so loss of distance should have been somewhat noticeable, but I was able to hit my distances exactly how I feel like I should be during mid season. So there may be a little more in these than I'm even seeing right now. It will have to get warmer for me to verify what kind of distance gains, if any, I'm actually seeing.

With wedges and true approach shots, these still have all the spin on them you could ask for which is the claim. Lower spin on driver and full iron shots while still retaining close to, if not the same, spin on approach/wedge play. Even on the little touch shots around the green, these wouldn't run out on me. Granted, our greens were a little on the soft and slow side. So I could be off here once the grass livens up but for now, I don't feel like I'm at a disadvantage using these around the green.

As I said, this was all a really early eye test, but I'm liking what I'm seeing!
Hearing this has me even more excited to get these out to the course!

Back