Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Golf Balls

The LS more geared towards high swing speed players to make it work the best to its technology? Asking for a slower speed friend lol😎

I haven't tried them yet, but I would not put a swing speed limit on the ball. I know when the 2020 CSX was launched it was targeted for a higher swing speed player, and I have found that ball to have increased my carry yards through the bag.

I am guessing anyone who needs some help reducing spin off the tee will like these alot.

I use the Chrome Soft X because I need a little more spin on my driver...My Mavrik is averaging less around +/- 200 PRM of 2000. I'm afraid the LS would be to less in my case.

This is definitely an interesting offering. It probably interests me the most, of all of the ChromeSoft offerings.

Man these have my interest. Could be a go to as a lot of courses around here don’t have Bridgestone and I’m not going into a store anymore just to buy balls. If they can hang with the TourB RX I could see myself playing these.

Would love to hear @Canadan ’s thoughts on these since he plays the same ball for mostly the same reasons as me (albeit he does to a much higher level).

I’m looking forward to tomorrow’s podcast. I’m sure @Canadan had fun with The Godfather of The Grandaddy.

Man these have my interest. Could be a go to as a lot of courses around here don’t have Bridgestone and I’m not going into a store anymore just to buy balls. If they can hang with the TourB RX I could see myself playing these.

Would love to hear @Canadan ’s thoughts on these since he plays the same ball for mostly the same reasons as me (albeit he does to a much higher level).
I'll be at HQ in a couple weeks. Maybe I'll smuggle a sleeve onto the golf course while I'm down there to get some info.

....and maybe I've got bigger plans for the Tech Studio + video potential

TXG guys with some early thoughts on the CSX LS v CSX.

Really thought he would dunk a couple of those.

Same here. he was getting pretty close on a couple of those.

I think it's interesting he saw the most gain through the irons and the wedges/scoring irons spun pretty close to each other.

I think it's interesting he saw the most gain through the irons and the wedges/scoring irons spun pretty close to each other.
I am hoping I can find some to buy in just a sleeve instead of the dozen. Could be a very fun test.

I am hoping I can find some to buy in just a sleeve instead of the dozen. Could be a very fun test.
I’m with you. A sleeve to test would be great.

TXG guys with some early thoughts on the CSX LS v CSX.

To the whole part of the conversation where they said they had to throw out a couple 50yd wedge shots that seemed to slip on the face and dropped a couple thousand spin.

The more I learn about this ball the more I want to try it. I haven't found much success with Callaway balls in the past for whatever reason but I think I need to at least give these a shot.

The LS more geared towards high swing speed players to make it work the best to its technology? Asking for a slower speed friend lol😎

i was fit into it yesterday and averaged 95-99 CHS with driver yesterday.

To the whole part of the conversation where they said they had to throw out a couple 50yd wedge shots that seemed to slip on the face and dropped a couple thousand spin.

That one left me scratching my head a bit. I guess that wedge shots higher off the face saw that spin reduction. Being indoors I don't think any "debris" or anything like that would be in play.

I'm thinking the same thing. I'm really interested to see how they work for me but can't justify buying a full dozen of they end up being a bad fit.

That one left me scratching my head a bit. I guess that wedge shots higher off the face saw that spin reduction. Being indoors I don't think any "debris" or anything like that would be in play.
I:. "The tolerances were so tight with the LS that it had to be a great strike to make it spin at 8100 or it would drop to 6000"

M:. "It was finicky I found. Yeah. A couple shots I thought I struck well that kind of felt a bit slippy.."

I don't think 'finicky', or less consistent, is probably what Callaway would want to hear said there, but Finley was talking about softer ball forgiveness so who knows. I'm sure they're getting comments about that though and I'm looking forward to their follow up against the other high compression low spin offerings.

Edit: Yep. In the comments. Sidenote - spotted a couple comments from THP'ers on that vid too!

Last edited:
Got something in the mail today! Thanks @JB & @GolferGal Will test these out and provide some feedback as soon as I’m able.
1615053706214.jpeg1615053683532.jpeg

Wow these sound like the right combination of tech and performance that will help out a lot of golfers who want that low spine crazy speed. Will have to be on the lookout for them.

This video really peaked my interest. Seeing how closely it plays to the CSX while differing exactly where Callaway suggested it would was great to see!

This video really peaked my interest. Seeing how closely it plays to the CSX while differing exactly where Callaway suggested it would was great to see!
There really done a great job ensuring that each model is different enough from the others to ensure they’re able to fit a broad spectrum.

Great write up on the new Golf ball from Callaway. Will definitely give the new LS a go to see how it performs. Doubtful I have enough juice with the swing speed to really compress the CSX LS but love trying new balls!

So, it was almost 70 degrees today and I was dreaming of some real golf. So, I decided the next best thing was to hit some putts in my living room. The csx ls definitely wasn’t as clicky as I was expecting. A little firmer than the csx, but not as hard as I was thinking it would be.

Limited sample. But one of the things I was worried about was firmness off the putter face. And, that will likely be a non issue.

So.. these arrived today and will be put into play later this week!!20210309_150922.jpg

Back