Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind Wedges Preview

just ordering a 60 degree, should be here Thursday, I blame Kang for this purchase :p

just ordering a 60 degree, should be here Thursday, I blame Kang for this purchase :p

I found one on eBay and it will be here on Saturday. I am excited for it.

Are these available though callaway just buying the heads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't think Cally will sell just heads.

My 56 comes in tomorrow, I'm giddy.

Looking into getting a new 56 and 60. These are on my radar now after hearing all the good things you all are reporting back. Other set j want to try is the RTX 2.0 cb.

Don't think Cally will sell just heads.

My 56 comes in tomorrow, I'm giddy.

Really irritates me club companies don't do this.

Oh well.

It's like cheating!
That spin you had on display makes me think it really was cheating. Where were you hiding the file? hahaha

Just picked up a "used" PM grind 58/10 from golfsmith for $90! After I traded in my old x forged wedges I only put $40 out of pocket ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436311135.531926.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1436311149.061561.jpg
The brown marks you see will wash off, it's practically a brand new wedge! This should go in the happy thread

Saw a "used" 60 at Golfsmith today for $84. It was a struggle not to grab it. Crossing my fingers it's still there on Friday.

I have become more comfortable on full shots with the PM grind. You have to commit or the results will be terrible. Around the green this is probably the best wedge I have ever used.

Finally pulled the trigger on one of these. Decided to give it a whirl with the 60˚. Need to lengthen it a touch, but should have it in play by this weekend if not sooner.

I have been pondering this in a 56' version. I have TM tour preferred ATV wedges in 60' and 54'. They are great clubs, and perform well for me around the greens and on full shots. However, I struggle with them in bunkers, particularly heavier type sand, and at times very thick rough can be a problem. Thinking this may be an option to replace the 54.' The only time I really use the 54' is from the bunker, so going with a 56' there won't hurt. Of course, in the other MD3 thread, the W grind there may be a good option... decisions decisions!

8c0e77ff9675ab52bdb3e91e59406db3.jpg

Hit two of the best green side bunker shots of my life today. This wedge is so easy to open up in the bunker.. And I NEVER open the club up. It's just not something I am comfortable with. I had to sand shots that landed within a foot. One I had the blade wide open and it popped out so beautifully to a short sided flag and landed on a downhill slope. Best bunker shot of my life.

Yes, I'm very happy with the 56/60 setup after today. A 54 would be ideal for me blending into the AW, and make that 115 yard shot easier, but this went incredibly well today.

Yes, I'm very happy with the 56/60 setup after today. A 54 would be ideal for me blending into the AW, and make that 115 yard shot easier, but this went incredibly well today.
I honestly don't see changing my 56 and 60 pm grinds out any time soon. I'm getting up and down a ton with these

I can't get the website to work what graphite options do these have?

I can't get the website to work what graphite options do these have?

Recoils, Steel Fiber, and a Callaway branded Fujikura.

I honestly don't see changing my 56 and 60 pm grinds out any time soon. I'm getting up and down a ton with these

Yeah, the 56 should save me from leaning on the 60 as much as I was there for a bit, still leaves me a little bigger gap than I want into the AW, but that just means I need to work on my partial swings with the AW more.

Yeah, the 56 should save me from leaning on the 60 as much as I was there for a bit, still leaves me a little bigger gap than I want into the AW, but that just means I need to work on my partial swings with the AW more.
Me too. I've actually had to work on "3-9" swings and it's helped me score a lot better.

I haven't been able to put full swings on the 58/10 I have, but hitting it around the yard is giving me just incredibly soft shots that land and stay there. The head shape has zero impact on me, I know some have mentioned being put off by it, but not over here. I was worried after reading some reviews from THPers saying that they couldn't adjust to the club, but so far I'm really liking it.

Ugh.. Apparently my wedges are on back order..

Hahahaha, they really are just silly.

I still think they're homely looking, but dammit the performance is awesome.

56 should be here Tuesday and I can't wait.
They have a face only a mother could love. But man they really perform. The only issue I still have from time to time is not going after it enough.

You can try mine any time if you want to mess with them. I'm thinking of White Clay or Back Creek soon.
Have never played White Clay. When are you thinking?

Back