Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind Wedges Preview

The 56 and 60 have been real weapons for me. I've gotten at least 2 shots better per round due to these helping me get up and down. I don't see these two wedges leaving my bag any time soon. Unless they release the black version lol

Same here. So so so so happy I added the 56.

In an otherwise forgettable day with the other 13 clubs, the 60 degree shone brightly for me. I got to use it from all kinds of distances and lies, from a full shot of 70y to greenside flop shots. The weight of this club is great, and I went all day without a single skulled shot. I know the rule of thumb is to get the ball rolling fast from greenside, but I was more comfortable using this club than even my Niblick 49.

Wish I could afford these bad boys. I tested some at my local shop. Within 5 yards on every shot from 100-130

So the 60 proved useful at league this week. Still need to dial in my distances from the rough. I'm not used to the ball coming out so cleanly. From the fairway I managed to look pretty crappy on the course, but at the practice area I had no issues whatsoever. I do tend to press the club forward when I'm struggling in general so that may be the culprit. Will be taking this down to the beach with me this week to continue working with it and see how it fares on the courses down there.

I hope this is not just a honeymoon phase but I am in love with this club. I almost chipped in, used it about a dozen times at least and only had one really bad swing with it. I had to talk myself out of using it one time on a lie that had "bad idea" written all over it (and it was a good call) but it just goes to show that anywhere inside 50y right now I think of this club first.

I hope this is not just a honeymoon phase but I am in love with this club. I almost chipped in, used it about a dozen times at least and only had one really bad swing with it. I had to talk myself out of using it one time on a lie that had "bad idea" written all over it (and it was a good call) but it just goes to show that anywhere inside 50y right now I think of this club first.
I still feel like I'm in the honeymoon period quite a while down the road! This club is that good.

I still feel like I'm in the honeymoon period quite a while down the road! This club is that good.

You know my thoughts on them. Ugly, so ugly, but so insanely freaking good to me.

I sold my 58 to a THPer and went 60, mostly on a whim. My goodness Molly am I glad I made that move.

It's even more perfect for what I want to use it for and I had it dialed in before my first round with it last night. 85y full swing and 65y full swing if I choke down to the end of the grip. Oh, and a mile high.
I had three sand shots with it and they all came out so easy, and high, that I was almost woefully short of the pin. I'll have to swing a bit harder to compensate for the "up" because it just lands so soft and doesn't move.

I was also testing out a hinge-and-hold type punch shot that was going about 50 yards and skipping to a stop after another 5-10 yards. Gotta have options.

You know my thoughts on them. Ugly, so ugly, but so insanely freaking good to me.

I know looks are subjective, but I like it. I LOVE the head size. I wish they had a 52 in this, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Anybody want to trade a 58 for a 56? I got a 64 ordered and love this 58 I have , but I want to get a 56 so I want my wedges to to be P, 50 renegar, 56, and 64.

Pitched in with my 60 from 30 yards today, had a couple nice touch shots on the day outside of that, a couple bonehead one's where I leaned on these when I should have just gone UW.

I love them though. I can spin them like a mother too.

I really need them to make a 52° in this. Pretty please. I hit my 60 soooo well compared to my 52 ATV. If I could have a PM grind fill the 100y area I would be very happy.

Last edited:
I finally had a chance to take my 56 out for a round yesterday. Earlier in the thread somebody said these are so easy to use they are like cheating and I agree. I love my current gamer but the PM wedge is really what I need right now to get my confidence in my short game back.

Sent from my G3 using TapaTalk Pro

Evidently my PM grind is rebelling against me because the sync I had with her before has gone cold. She's non responsive to my motivating words. Definitely need some time with wedge on the practice area getting the tempo back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thing continues to shine out of the bunker.

Greenside bunker with a tight pin.. Opened the blade up and gave it a whack. SPLASH, ball pops right up and lands right at the hole and released to 8 inches. It made me look like I knew what I was doing, all while making me worry about a hosel rocket mid swing.

New to this forum...awesome thread! I just picked up a used 64* and absolutely love this wedge. Im currently playing the MD2 tour grinds in 54* & 58* and think I want to switch over to all pm grinds but cant figure out which lofts. I'll need to fill the gap between 49* and 64*. Option 1 is 56* & 60*(easiest option, but wasnt sure if 60* is too similar to the 64* i have). Option 2 is the 58* and wait for the 54* to come out. Option 3 is just the 56* and play a 49-56-64 setup. Last option is wait for the 54* and bend the 60* to 59* giving me a 49-54-59-64 setup(ideal but who knows when 54 is coming out?) Ive sort of confused myself with all my options. Any opinions?

New to this forum...awesome thread! I just picked up a used 64* and absolutely love this wedge. Im currently playing the MD2 tour grinds in 54* & 58* and think I want to switch over to all pm grinds but cant figure out which lofts. I'll need to fill the gap between 49* and 64*. Option 1 is 56* & 60*(easiest option, but wasnt sure if 60* is too similar to the 64* i have). Option 2 is the 58* and wait for the 54* to come out. Option 3 is just the 56* and play a 49-56-64 setup. Last option is wait for the 54* and bend the 60* to 59* giving me a 49-54-59-64 setup(ideal but who knows when 54 is coming out?) Ive sort of confused myself with all my options. Any opinions?

It depends on how many other clubs you have in your bag. The easiest route would be adding a 56*, my preferred option is #2.

Welcome to the forum! There's really no wrong choice IMO. I'd say wait just a bit as the md3 are coming and rumors of black pm grinds as well. Hopefully by then the 54 pm is in the mix too

Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind Wedges Preview

I absolutely thinned my 58* this weekend and it still went straight to the green, just a bit low on a 40 yard pitch.

I only landed in the sand once green side, which is one of the absolute worst areas of my game. The 58* had me out soft and 4' from the pin. I love this club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It depends on how many other clubs you have in your bag. The easiest route would be adding a 56*, my preferred option is #2.

I have room for 2 more. Im using the sldr mini off the tee and right into 19* hybrid from there so have an extra wedge to work with. Option 2 would work good because i could play my MD2 54* in the meantime. Plus could bend the 58* up to give me same gaps all the way through.

Welcome to the forum! There's really no wrong choice IMO. I'd say wait just a bit as the md3 are coming and rumors of black pm grinds as well. Hopefully by then the 54 pm is in the mix too
Count me in for a black 54!

I have room for 2 more. Im using the sldr mini off the tee and right into 19* hybrid from there so have an extra wedge to work with. Option 2 would work good because i could play my MD2 54* in the meantime. Plus could bend the 58* up to give me same gaps all the way through.

Sounds pretty solid to me

I hope the rumors are true, a black PM grind wedge would be awesome!

well i just don't have any patience and i caved in today and bought the 56* and the 60*. I am pretty ecstatic about my new wedge setup! Will most likely replace my gap and pitching wedge with the MD3s when they come. Ive never felt better about my equipment!

Back