Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind Wedges Preview

Sounds like some really good used deals are already popping up. Might have to look around, would love to try this in a 58°.

First round down and have to say that I'm not regretting picking up the 60˚ at all. Had a bunch of chances to use it and while I'm not good enough to hit all good shots, it really did perform well out of the rough, which was pretty thick with all the rain here lately. Even hit a flag stick from about 20 yards out. When I put a good swing on it from the bunker I was able to get out easily. Will say that I was surprised at how far some of my shots went. Will need to get some more practice with it to dial that in a bit but I'm really pleased with the results the first time out.

I'm pondering re-working my wedge setup and I'm thinking about adding the PM Grind. The 60* looks so fun and easy to hit.

I'm pondering re-working my wedge setup and I'm thinking about adding the PM Grind. The 60* looks so fun and easy to hit.
Played first round with mine today. It is a weapon for flop shots of the rough, it is like cheating

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I was #PMgrinding all day yesterday, but the shot of the round was probably a full swing from the fairway to about 2 feet for a tap in birdie. Around the green, open face, square face, full swings, this wedge can do it all.

I was #PMgrinding all day yesterday, but the shot of the round was probably a full swing from the fairway to about 2 feet for a tap in birdie. Around the green, open face, square face, full swings, this wedge can do it all.
Yep, these wedges are just silly fun. I'm also finally dialing in full swings with them. I want the 54 when they release, though I'm still thinking about bending my 56 in the mean time.

Love these ugly things.

I wonder how these will perform against the MD3. From what I'm reading I would love to go PM in 60* then MD3 for the 56* and 52*

I'm starting to click with these. All good stuff on the course yesterday. They're so versatile for me that I'm not sure I need to carry a 50-52 (although I will be checking out the MD3 anyways).

Well I knew it couldn't last. I had my worst chipping day in a long time but that was me. Is anyone else having trouble hitting these out of packed sand? Three times today the wedge hit the sand bounced off and bladed the ball. In soft sand I haven't had a problem but in wet, packed sand I was atrocious.

Yep, these wedges are just silly fun. I'm also finally dialing in full swings with them. I want the 54 when they release, though I'm still thinking about bending my 56 in the mean time.

Love these ugly things.

Do they have a release date for these in a 54? I'm thinking about switching from my current setup (56/60) to a 54/58.

Well I knew it couldn't last. I had my worst chipping day in a long time but that was me. Is anyone else having trouble hitting these out of packed sand? Three times today the wedge hit the sand bounced off and bladed the ball. In soft sand I haven't had a problem but in wet, packed sand I was atrocious.

Well, I've had the 58 and 64 Degree PM Wedges for about 5 weeks now. So far they've been the easiest to hit wedges I've ever owned. I've posted 2 of my lowest scores ever in the last couple of weeks and it's all do to my improved chipping with these wedges. That being said, I've had trouble in heavy sand. Fluffy sand has been a breeze to chip out of with these wedges. Heavy sand a nightmare but is that do to the wedges or that I hate heavy sand. I'm not sure. It's not like I get a chance to practice differnt kinds of sand very often.

Played first round with mine today. It is a weapon for flop shots of the rough, it is like cheating

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I'm really loving my J40 58*, but hearing things like that makes me want to try these.

Goodness gracious this thing was a lifesaver today, if it's under 100 yards this thing is money!

I was hot/cold with this thing today. I had 2 spectacular chips from some precarious lies, and a few downright awful shots from thick rough. I need to spend some dedicated time to dial this in

I need a 54 badly

I'm waiting on the 54 too, when it comes out will likely grab the 58 also.

Picked up a 58 yesterday, and hit a lot of pitch shots on the range and played a couple of holes. Think I am really going to like it out of the sand and rough. Trajectory on standard pitch shots seems a little lower than my Vokey, which is not all bad. Took it and had it extended and wraps added to get it to a mid-size grip which I prefer. Looking forward to getting it out this weekend.

Just picked up a 58* from Terrya22. Will be reshafted with with DGS400 soon. Can't wait to get it done and in the bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 56 and 60 have been real weapons for me. I've gotten at least 2 shots better per round due to these helping me get up and down. I don't see these two wedges leaving my bag any time soon. Unless they release the black version lol

My 60 came in while I was gone last weekend. I got to spend a few minutes with it in my garage last night. The first thing you see is the size of the club face. It really promotes confidence even at 60°! I love the size of the head and the groove coverage. Hitting it I was working on half swings and not overly opening the club face to start with. No problems at all and it felt great. When I opened up the face the first one went sideways, but after that I was hitting some decent flop shots from my Monster Tee mat (so it has a little bit of thickness to it).

My first on course experience will be tonight in league play (weather permitting). My plan is to pick my spots with this since scoring actually matters for this round. Probably keep it to balls in the thicker rough around the green and use my 52° more often. But tomorrow I am playing a round with jspangs so I should have lots of opportunities to drop balls and really put a workout in with this!

If it doesn't thunderstorm, I should be getting in 9 holes for league, and hopefully some practice before with the 60. Going to try and hit some more shots from the fairway in the practice area as this is something I avoided in my first round out with this wedge.

Back