Callaway MAVRIK Drivers

I swapped shafts tonight and put the Speeder 565 stiff into the Max head. Made for a nice combo and got me back to a straight or baby fade drive. 5/7 fairways and had one drive that I must of caught the sweet spot and hit 262. :) Only played 9, but will keep it in for this weekend and see how it does.
Always liked the Speeder 565! Good choice!

This might be the most overlooked part of this driver I have seen in any release this year. Low on the face doesnt seem to jolt as much as just about everything else.
Being the adventurous sort who explores pretty much the entire face of the driver, I've hit a few low on the face. The feel is harder than sweet spot contact, but definitely not jarring. And those low hits are usually absolutely smoked.

I got my new Mavrik a couple days ago. I haven't hit it outdoors yet but I'm already doing some shaft swapping. I also ordered up a weight set for it. As I was changing shafts around, I noticed everything I had felt a little light. The stock riptide 50 6.0 shaft had a swingweight of D2.5 according to my scale. Everything else I had (which are all 1/2" to 3/4" shorter) was around C9. Swap out the 5g weight for a 12g and I'll be set.

Finally a nice day!
1589554497186.png

Come our tee time at 6pm, the Mavrik will be doing some work!

I have 2.5 rounds planned over the next few days. I don't know that i'll hit driver for the 0.5 round tonight, but tomorrow and sunday i'll be hitting it a lot. not sure if i'm going to stick with standard both rounds, or pop the max back in for some testing. not a bad problem to have, having access to the two best drivers on the market right now!

I still remember a video from a Japanese review. The look on the guys face when they had mishits. I find it to be a lot more consistent across the face than any other driver I have tried in recent memory.

The mishits are definitely where I'm seeing the most value out of this one as well. I'm not consistent enough to nail the center of the face every time. This driver lets me get away with that, without losing a ton of distance. I kind of wish I'd tried the Max before just to see if it was better, but I'm pretty happy with the standard.

Hoping to get some range time this weekend, with my swing change, and comparing a few shafts. Riptide, Rogue White, Speeder, 7m3 Black Tie

I kind of wish I'd tried the Max before just to see if it was better, but I'm pretty happy with the standard.

I had Max and I changed to Standard.
I’m happy with my change.
Max is boring. All it wants to go straight.
I pay full price for golf course and I want to see as much as golf course as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going to give the Max a run tomorrow

Played 18 with the Max again today. Missed 2 fairways, both being 2 ft off of the fairway. Very pleased with this purchase. Bombed one into the wind on #18 also which left me with big ole smile.

On my way to the course. I cannot wait until the first tee!!

Well, my trip to Myrtle has come to an end. 5 rounds, one each day.

I think the Mav SZ, Ventus Red 7X combo is in my tops list for favorite driver all time. The feel and ball flight on course is as good (or better) as anything I've ever gamed.

The driver checks every box. The forgiveness, for a SZ, is really fantastic and deserves more credit.
I hit a fair number of drives where I expected a rough result and was pleasantly surprised.
The heel side forgiveness is pretty fantastic....just wish my misses lived there a little more often. The toe side miss is also quite good.

It's amazing to me that I can say this, I am very sure the Mavrik is the longest driver I've ever played and it's not close.
Agree - easily both the longest and most forgiving driver I've ever played. It's making me have to rethink my game, as I'm finding myself with an iron in my hand more often when I would have been hitting a FW in the past, or a wedge in my hand when I previously would have been hitting an iron.

Played 18 with the Max again today. Missed 2 fairways, both being 2 ft off of the fairway. Very pleased with this purchase. Bombed one into the wind on #18 also which left me with big ole smile.
This driver is doing well for you!!! Love hearing this, keep it up.

I tried the TXG set up. Standard Mav 9 degree with ventus black 7x. Decent results..
F4A73ED1-314F-4A2F-8CB5-01F72A5D11A0.jpegF4A73ED1-314F-4A2F-8CB5-01F72A5D11A0.jpeg5EEDB407-61CA-43EA-9F99-56AEF20252AD.jpeg

I tried the TXG set up. Standard Mav 9 degree with ventus black 7x. Decent results..

Wow 368 yards total, 0.3 yards offline. I feel very inadequate.

Wow 368 yards total, 0.3 yards offline. I feel very inadequate.
That last part reminds me of a time I stayed in the same hotel as the Seattle Sea Hawks. 4 players walked into the elevator while I was in there.......inadequate. Yep, that was it.

Was only able to hit the mav SZ today once but I made it count! 5AF04A53-81A6-4C91-9585-49D0D462D68D.png

Back