Callaway RAZR Hawk & Diablo Octane Drivers

So last weekend I played in Florida and continued to have my case of the fades even with another driver. It's not a bad shot but I know I'm not hitting the right spot on the driver and Im losing distance. I spent Weds night with my Razr Hawk Tour. I love the Attas T2 in the driver and at one point I thought it was part of the reason I was fading the ball (that was squashed in Florida lol).

After about 10 balls in a ROW that just went left on me (not a bad left, just something I dont like playing) I adjusted my stance. Out came the straight ball. I really dont know why or if maybe Im just comfortable with the wider stance but I was lacing the driver down the range. I was hitting parts of it I dont remember hitting with the RIP. I really like the stock RIP in the performance aspect, just wasnt a fan of the feel throughout the swing. I had the Tour version which definitely seemed more stout the standard Hawk rip.

Moral of the story is, even after a weekend with a kick @ss Bridgestone J40, I don't see anything knocking the Hawk out anytime soon. THe R11 was surprisingly giving it some competition the other week but there isnt a comparison with forgiveness.

Jrod, your swing sucks. :alien: haha naa man good stuff, Im only slightly man jealous of your swing dude. Nice update dmb , good to see the Hawk working for you man.

Kmac I am jealous of your ability to OEM maybe we can trade. :love:

TMC ruined my putting again. I was putting so well before I got there, now it's in shambles again. I feel like the belbs.

Finally find a driver I pretty much can't miss the fairway with and my short game goes to hell again. It's like a revolving door.

Kmac I am jealous of your ability to OEM maybe we can trade. :love:

TMC ruined my putting again. I was putting so well before I got there, now it's in shambles again. I feel like the belbs.

Finally find a driver I pretty much can't miss the fairway with and my short game goes to hell again. It's like a revolving door.

You know, Id probably do that trade lol. Wow feeling like the Belbs, thats not good. I remember when that guy used to come on THP. Hopefully you dont mean in that sense. I know the feeling though. I have zero driver confidence right now but Im hitting the irons better then ever. The driver will come around in a few weeks and then it will be the irons gone to shat. Its always something it seems.

You know, Id probably do that trade lol. Wow feeling like the Belbs, thats not good. I remember when that guy used to come on THP. Hopefully you dont mean in that sense. I know the feeling though. I have zero driver confidence right now but Im hitting the irons better then ever. The driver will come around in a few weeks and then it will be the irons gone to shat. Its always something it seems.

I couldnt miss with my putter from 8 feet in, then I went to FL and JB put some kind of voodoo curse on me or something. Now i can't hit the broad side of a barn. Like you said, if everything worked like it should we'd be on TV. Ah well.

Plyaed my first 3 rounds with the razr hawk!

first day i was hitting more fairways than ever in gale force winds on a links style course. couldn't beleive i was still hitting the fairways. This club is awesome. Second day (36 holes) still managed to hit quite a few fairways (not as many) even though i was severely hung over (bachelor party weekend) and on minimal sleep.

Great club. Can't say enough good things about it.

Sounds like it was pretty good in the breeze for you, T. Was it staying low, or just cutting through it?

I just wanted to add some stats from the weekend with the Razr Hawk driver. I played 9 hole rounds on both Friday and Sat. The FIR percentage from Friday was 57% and the FIR on Saturday was a whopping 85%. I really feel solid with this driver and love the results I get from it. I think I have been out driving my old driver too.

Crazy good stats, dmb! I bet you could get that FIR% up to 100% with a certain shaft insert :devil:

Crazy good stats, dmb! I bet you could get that FIR% up to 100% with a certain shaft insert :devil:

Yeah I know. I am going to try One-T's out at the Georgia gathering. He as the Project X in it. That will give me similar results to the Fubuki.

Sounds like it was pretty good in the breeze for you, T. Was it staying low, or just cutting through it?

Didn't seem to be particularly low, but it had a nice penetrating trajectory that cut through the wind. to give you an idea of what kind of wind this was, there were putts that were moving against the break (uphill) the wind was blowing so hard. made for a tough day on the greens..... Also i'm fairly sure that some guys drives were moving backwards before they landed when hitting into the wind.......

The Razr Hawk continues to just blow people away.

I played Monday, struggled a bit with the Octane to be honest. I think having a 10.5* driver head causes too high of a ball flight for me. It makes me sad that I was driving the ball as far or further with my 3wood. I'm not sure what to do at this point.

The Razr Hawk continues to just blow people away.

I played Monday, struggled a bit with the Octane to be honest. I think having a 10.5* driver head causes too high of a ball flight for me. It makes me sad that I was driving the ball as far or further with my 3wood. I'm not sure what to do at this point.

Weren't you hitting the ball well with the stock set up? Distance and all? Think the shaft change affected the distance in a negative way?

Yeah I know. I am going to try One-T's out at the Georgia gathering. He as the Project X in it. That will give me similar results to the Fubuki.

pfft! keep dreaming buddy!

I kid, of course you can hit it

Weren't you hitting the ball well with the stock set up? Distance and all? Think the shaft change affected the distance in a negative way?

No, I was always hitting it to high dude. Way to high. It worked b/c we played from shorter distances in Florida, and truth be told, I hit my 3wood a fair bit down there. Even One-T thinks it still launches to high. Dude, I'm dead serious, I hit the FL consistently further. I can't have that.

No, I was always hitting it to high dude. Way to high. It worked b/c we played from shorter distances in Florida, and truth be told, I hit my 3wood a fair bit down there. Even One-T thinks it still launches to high. Dude, I'm dead serious, I hit the FL consistently further. I can't have that.

he speaks truth.

I believe it. I hit my DXI aboot the same as my Supertri when it was in the bag. You should try the Nunchuk in it:alien:

I believe it. I hit my DXI aboot the same as my Supertri when it was in the bag. You should try the Nunchuk in it:alien:

The Nunchuk is long gone dude. Not for me.

I've been working on getting my straight ball back with this driver. Its been a constant fade (that I can control) but I want my straightball back!

I think the 1* is still good for me and really doesnt cause it. I still think this is the best sounding driver at impact on the market though. Paired with the Attas T2 I get a lot of questions about it.

I hit 14 fairways in 25 mph winds two days ago which is unheard of for me. This head/shaft combo is the greatest thing ever created.

I hit 14 fairways in 25 mph winds two days ago which is unheard of for me. This head/shaft combo is the greatest thing ever created.

Now that is sweet! I know I have tested this against a Supertri/nunchuk combo and it just refuses to lose. I don't know if there is a better driver on the market for me at this time.

Jeebus Jrod, that is good stuff.

TC - sorry to hear that you're losing distance with the 10.5° head. Any options besides changing heads?

Jeebus Jrod, that is good stuff.

TC - sorry to hear that you're losing distance with the 10.5° head. Any options besides changing heads?

Not that I know of. I won't give up on it too quickly but I have a nice fall back.

That's true.

I remember seeing you hit a high ball before. I didn't really know what high was until I saw you rip some drivers at the 2010 outing.

Not that I know of. I won't give up on it too quickly but I have a nice fall back.

That's true.

I remember seeing you hit a high ball before. I didn't really know what high was until I saw you rip some drivers at the 2010 outing.

It's a curse sometimes buddy. I really like to keep my launch angle around 11-13* and with the Octane right now it's a bit higher than that. It could be a swing issue to though.

Finally got this out on the course 2 days ago after the rain stopped. I hit up a shorter exec course that had tight fairways and of the drivable holes I managed 6/8 fairways. By far the best on course driving day I've had in a long time. With the S2 I was gaming before I'd be lucky to hit 50% of the fairways. The hawk has also been much better for me on the range as well. I am really loving this driver and it was because of the feedback here that lead to it being in my bag!

Back