Callaway RAZR Hawk & Diablo Octane Drivers

I don't know if it's been asked. But are you getting better drives with the lowspin heads compared to your Supertri?

I don't know if it's been asked. But are you getting better drives with the lowspin heads compared to your Supertri?

Not sure if this is directed at me, but I just play the numbers. If the head is low spin, I find a shaft that puts me in the right spin range. If the shaft is high spin, I do the same. For me it is all about launch. With the SuperTri head, I used a Miyazaki black shaft to bring the ball flight down. With this driver I used a Miyazaki Silver to bring the flight up.

Another video I randomly shot a week ago. Love the sound of this thing.

i like the sound of this driver, a guy on my league has one and i played in one of our 4 somes with him. sounds nasty. and JRod love the wiggles in your pre shot lol

Not sure if this is directed at me, but I just play the numbers. If the head is low spin, I find a shaft that puts me in the right spin range. If the shaft is high spin, I do the same. For me it is all about launch. With the SuperTri head, I used a Miyazaki black shaft to bring the ball flight down. With this driver I used a Miyazaki Silver to bring the flight up.

It was directed at you. I have been seeing some balloons with my Supertri.

I have ADHD =(
me too its all good, maybe ill go hit this at gg. really want to hold off for the cg black though

I picked up a Razr Hawk yesterday off of craigslist. I am going to go and do some initial testing to day after work. It has the stock RIP shaft in it right now. I might ponder throwing the Fubuki in it if I don't like the results of the RIP.

Finally got my new to me Razr Hawk out on the range yesterday and man, it is everything I had hoped my S2 would have been last year. It really reminds me of the driver I had been using for the last like 11 years up until last fall(even though that driver was a smaller head) which wasn't forgiving high on the face. I never hit the S2 well, but the razr hawk so far is giving me more distance, is straighter and I can't say enough about the ProjectX 6.0 65g shaft. The stability of the shaft is amazing, it really makes me aware of how terrible the Fit-On Max shaft of the S2 was for my swing. I can't wait to get it on the course, maybe Friday. For once I am excited to pull the driver from my bag instead of dreading it like I had been the last year.

How many more chances does the Razr Hawk get before ponder mode becomes replacement mode?

I struggled with this driver a little bit this weekend again. When I am hitting it well, I hit it as good as anything out there. However my miss on the driver has always been high on the club face and this being a little more shallow than I am used to, just kills me. Im back in ponder mode I think.

How many more chances does the Razr Hawk get before ponder mode becomes replacement mode?

Not sure really. Because when I am swinging well, it is one of the best I have hit.

that has to be maddening knowing how good the results can be yet when you miss the punishment prob is too much

Not sure really. Because when I am swinging well, it is one of the best I have hit.

that has to be maddening knowing how good the results can be yet when you miss the punishment prob is too much

And that is where my problem comes in. When testing it against other drivers, the numbers are always fantastic. The big miss never comes in. Then I am on the course and twice a round, it is a problem.

And that is where my problem comes in. When testing it against other drivers, the numbers are always fantastic. The big miss never comes in. Then I am on the course and twice a round, it is a problem.

Yeah, no matter how good something is on the range, if it's punishing during your round, it would have to be addressed. That kind of sucks for you. I felt very similarly about the R11 driver. At least you go about it the right way and make something outperform it. Perhaps it's best to get some possible replacements on the course with you and see what shines when it counts.

Yeah, no matter how good something is on the range, if it's punishing during your round, it would have to be addressed. That kind of sucks for you. I felt very similarly about the R11 driver. At least you go about it the right way and make something outperform it. Perhaps it's best to get some possible replacements on the course with you and see what shines when it counts.

Yeah, there is no way I will change, just to change. This driver is far too good for that. Thankfully, other drivers I have tested this year have shown a certain lack of forgiveness in testing and it has made it easier. This one is not an unforgiving driver really. Its just unforgiving where I happen to miss which is high.

Yeah, there is no way I will change, just to change. This driver is far too good for that. Thankfully, other drivers I have tested this year have shown a certain lack of forgiveness in testing and it has made it easier. This one is not an unforgiving driver really. Its just unforgiving where I happen to miss which is high.

And it's not like you can tee it any lower. That's a tough one for sure. It's a good thing you have a 3wood you can hammer and trust, should make it easier on your scorecard in order to pursue the perfect driver.

And it's not like you can tee it any lower. That's a tough one for sure. It's a good thing you have a 3wood you can hammer and trust, should make it easier on your scorecard in order to pursue the perfect driver.

My miss now tends to be either low or high on the face. I know it's a matter if tee height based on my swing that day but that's why I need a slightly deeper club face. Could be why I didn't hit this as well as I'd hoped the other day in GG

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

My miss now tends to be either low or high on the face. I know it's a matter if tee height based on my swing that day but that's why I need a slightly deeper club face. Could be why I didn't hit this as well as I'd hoped the other day in GG

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Especially if you're hitting off of those rubber tees bro. I remember when I first hit the Razr Hawk Tour driver, I was hitting everything high on the face, I had to tee it way down. Once I did though, it really turned this driver on.

hate those rubber tees. I've got a few that are cut down to where I think I need them to be but inconsistent tee height is what kills me on the course at times. never mind leaving the club face open a tad at impact. I just need a big head for my swing I guess. I love the sound of the RH but it's not the best option for me now.

Especially if you're hitting off of those rubber tees bro. I remember when I first hit the Razr Hawk Tour driver, I was hitting everything high on the face, I had to tee it way down. Once I did though, it really turned this driver on.

Has anybody out there cut their Hawk down at all? I really like playing a 45" driver and wondered how this would affect the performance of it.

Has anybody out there cut their Hawk down at all? I really like playing a 45" driver and wondered how this would affect the performance of it.

I have mine at 45" and up until the last 2 weeks hit it great. Really didnt see any distance loss

I have mine at 45" and up until the last 2 weeks hit it great. Really didnt see any distance loss

Sweet. I am going to try the stock 46" for a week or two. I am planning on re-gripping it with a midsize and might cut it down then. We will see how these next two weeks go with it.

Sweet. I am going to try the stock 46" for a week or two. I am planning on re-gripping it with a midsize and might cut it down then. We will see how these next two weeks go with it.

The 46 threw me off for the first couple of times I hit it, but I decided to keep it at the stock length and now I am seeing great results with it.

I actually didnt find it too bad at 46" either much like ddec, but when it was time to re-grip it was a no brainer to go ahead and cut it down. I usually do the same thing for all my drivers, play around with it stock and then cut it down for re-grip time.

Yeah the R11 is at 45.75" right now. It might not be that big of a difference. I just think knocking that inch off with really make this driver solid.

Razr Hawk will be delivered today or tomorrow. :alien2:

Back