Callaway Staff Irons - The Morgan Cup

Thanks man! Takin the people along with me!

I am buddy. It's starting to get to the point where it's a little more predictable. When I get handsy is when it hurts my score. However, that handsy draw is better than the slices I was getting with my previous set. Really crazy how proper specs can impact your misses so much.

That's crazy what a difference you are seeing. Do you have any problems with the ball stopping playing a draw?

Not really dude and that's the crazy thing. You know how at first I kinda hated seeing the big spin number these shafts produced (7000 rpm on a 6i)? It's helping to stop the ball along with the high ball flight. Much like the clubs you are testing now.

The greens are really dry when I play so I generally wont get anything to come back unless its sloping downward. But I can usually count on a hop, stop, a little bit of rollout. During that Sat tournament I had a couple balls actually hop, stop and roll back just a bit in the AM with my short irons.

That's crazy what a difference you are seeing. Do you have any problems with the ball stopping playing a draw?

That's great then. From the way it sounds, you still have a little distance dialing to work on, but that's tough stuff. Especially when it comes to hitting the ball farther than you are expecting. You don't trust it. At least I don't.

Not really dude and that's the crazy thing. You know how at first I kinda hated seeing the big spin number these shafts produced (7000 rpm on a 6i)? It's helping to stop the ball along with the high ball flight. Much like the clubs you are testing now.

The greens are really dry when I play so I generally wont get anything to come back unless its sloping downward. But I can usually count on a hop, stop, a little bit of rollout. During that Sat tournament I had a couple balls actually hop, stop and roll back just a bit in the AM with my short irons.

I dont dude. I know I'm decently long with my driver but it's never translated to irons. These are starting to fill that gap and its wierd. How do you get over that though ya know?

That's great then. From the way it sounds, you still have a little distance dialing to work on, but that's tough stuff. Especially when it comes to hitting the ball farther than you are expecting. You don't trust it. At least I don't.

Answer my question Tina

I dont dude. I know I'm decently long with my driver but it's never translated to irons. These are starting to fill that gap and its wierd. How do you get over that though ya know?

Keep playing. Eventually you'll believe it.

Lol sorry dude. Yeah 1* up. It's crossed my mind to go to CPC but he was happy with what I reported. I notice the divot not being what it should be on some fat swings but I almost feel like I dont want to touch it.

Answer my question Tina

Lol sorry dude. Yeah 1* up. It's crossed my mind to go to CPC but he was happy with what I reported. I notice the divot not being what it should be on some fat swings but I almost feel like I dont want to touch it.

yeah, the 1* up will make your misses go left. To me, it is a good problem to have. Hell, I had some irons that were 2* up and it was a hook. I didnt like that

yeah, the 1* up will make your misses go left. To me, it is a good problem to have. Hell, I had some irons that were 2* up and it was a hook. I didnt like that

Hahaha. Hooks are not fun dude. That was my driver miss for awhile. Your clubs are different than what youre used to?

Sent from my Tapatalk App

Had my first range session with the new irons this afternoon. After a month off I have a lot of work to do. That was very apparent. I need to upload a video from the range but to summarize they're awesome. They look great. When hit well they give a nice crack sound. I could tell when I missed out on the toe which happened a little too much today. I'm not going to overreact to todays session as it was my first one in a while. But I look forward to spending more time with these irons.

Tapatalk: Team Hackers Approved

Had my first range session with the new irons this afternoon. After a month off I have a lot of work to do. That was very apparent. I need to upload a video from the range but to summarize they're awesome. They look great. When hit well they give a nice crack sound. I could tell when I missed out on the toe which happened a little too much today. I'm not going to overreact to todays session as it was my first one in a while. But I look forward to spending more time with these irons.

Look forward to seeing the irons in action tomorrow at White Clay Creek. I may have to sneak a swing or two of those sweet sticks.

Look forward to seeing the irons in action tomorrow at White Clay Creek. I may have to sneak a swing or two of those sweet sticks.

They'll be there nice and early. I plan on some good practice before we tee off in hopes of getting more dialed in.

Awesome course to test them out

I now tap while I talk

just got back from 9 holes with my dad and Jenn. I really intended on coming back and having a full write up about my round with these irons. But it's kind of hard to do when I only hit 4 shots with my Razr X irons today.

1. 2nd hole Par 3 135 yards, hit a PW off the tee to 6 feet. It was an absolutely beautiful shot. I rebounded from my 3 putt on 1 by making the birdie putt.
2. 4th hole Par 5 hit a driver and mashie that left me 60 yards. Hit a nice pitch shot with my Razr X AW. This ball had the perfect distance, only it was on the wrong side of the green. I had a 35 footer up and over a hill. 2nd 3 putt of the day.
3. 6th hole Par 3 127 yards to the front of the green, hit an AW(which was a bad club choice) and came up a little short. I hit it good, just needed an extra club.
4. 9th hole Par 4 425 yards I hit a perfect drive that left me 195 to the center of the green. I took out a 5 iron and the ball just rolled off the right side of the green. I was able to get up and down for par and I ended up playing the final 3 at even par. I did drop another and moved the ball back a touch in my stance and hit a perfect shot. It flew high and straight and landed on the front part of the green before rolling out about 20 feet. I would take that shot every time for that yardage.

It was a strange round. Either I was short off the tee and was hitting hybrids for my 2nd shot, or I was within 100 yards and using my wedges. Either way the last 2 shots give me some confidence going in to the weekend.

Great feedback OEM and DDec! Deano we have rounds like that for sure. Sounds like though, when you needed them, the Razr X performed.

OEM you will get them dailed in. The Razr X does have a really unique sound. Good luck tomorrow buddy, hit them well!

Great feedback OEM and DDec! Deano we have rounds like that for sure. Sounds like though, when you needed them, the Razr X performed.

OEM you will get them dailed in. The Razr X does have a really unique sound. Good luck tomorrow buddy, hit them well!

I love the sound, flush shots sound amazing.

here are some iron shots from yesterday...

That was a very good video man. Very good looking swing right now.

Nice vid, ddec. Your swing is looking good, buddy!

agree, swing is looking really good ddec, those irons sound so solid, i like it allot

Went to the range yesterday morning to spend some more time with the RXT's. Each range session I get a little more comfortable with another iron. Next range session it will be the 6 iron's turn and after that we'll be good. Im loving the gap wedge so far. Its easy to hit and always gives me the same distance. The Raz X clubs are very audible when well struck and I like that. Heading to play a new course today at 10:16 and hopefully start putting the whole game back together.

Video time! And this one should be extra special for a few who Im sure will enjoy making fun of my swing. This video was supposed to be the part 2 of my unboxing series but I really needed to get to the range with them. So I unboxed them in the car and took them to the range. Did a little video on the range and my first few swings with the RXT's. Notice the sound. Try not to look at me struggling with my over the top move once again. The time off let this creep back in so I need to work on fighting it and hopefully getting rid of it. Warning! Its very shaky at first. Once I sit the cam down on the ground its better.

Great video Kev. Swing looks great

Nice video Kev, swing is looking pretty good buddy!

Back