Callaway Staff Putters - The Morgan Cup

Nice DDEC! Can't wait for your feedback brohammer!

Got to take the #9 out on the course tonight for the first time. It was a little bit of an up and down 9 with it. 1st 3 holes I can nice 2 putts. The 3rd hole I had a 15 footer that just missed and left an easy tap in, the other 2 holes were nice lag putts with great speed. Hole 4 I had a horrible first putt which left me in a bad spot and led to a 3 putt, hole 5 was another 2 putt. Hole 6 - 3 putt after bad speed again. 7-8-9 I went 1 -2 -1. The 9th hole I made a nice 20 footer to end the day. So I left off on a good note. Overall I really liked the look and feel of this putter. I thought my aim was good tonight and my speed was hit and miss.

Got to take the #9 out on the course tonight for the first time. It was a little bit of an up and down 9 with it. 1st 3 holes I can nice 2 putts. The 3rd hole I had a 15 footer that just missed and left an easy tap in, the other 2 holes were nice lag putts with great speed. Hole 4 I had a horrible first putt which left me in a bad spot and led to a 3 putt, hole 5 was another 2 putt. Hole 6 - 3 putt after bad speed again. 7-8-9 I went 1 -2 -1. The 9th hole I made a nice 20 footer to end the day. So I left off on a good note. Overall I really liked the look and feel of this putter. I thought my aim was good tonight and my speed was hit and miss.

Great to hear man, I think speed takes the longest to get down with a new putter. glad it got off to a good start.

I had 40 putts on Friday. YIKES! The issue wasn't the putter. I hit right where I aimed, but either my speed was off or I wasn't reading the green worth a bottle of ranch. There were a few putts where if I just had another roll or two they would've hit the break perfectly. Frustrating day for me because this putter (the DART Mallet) is money when it comes to aim and alignment. I know Ill get used to the speed soon enough which I can't thank Callaway enough for getting the putter in our hands. \

I didnt tinker some with it yesterday though. I swithced from the 350 to 370 weight. I noticed the weight immediately on the putting green. It helped quiet my hands some and I really liked the feel of the putter overall. It just felt more substantial and led me to be less hands on so to speak. I thought the speed of the practice green was easier to handle with more weight (I did practice a bit with the 350 weight prior to the switch). I like the idea of adjustable weights in the putter.

I had 40 putts on Friday. YIKES! The issue wasn't the putter. I hit right where I aimed, but either my speed was off or I wasn't reading the green worth a bottle of ranch. There were a few putts where if I just had another roll or two they would've hit the break perfectly. Frustrating day for me because this putter (the DART Mallet) is money when it comes to aim and alignment. I know Ill get used to the speed soon enough which I can't thank Callaway enough for getting the putter in our hands. \

I didnt tinker some with it yesterday though. I swithced from the 350 to 370 weight. I noticed the weight immediately on the putting green. It helped quiet my hands some and I really liked the feel of the putter overall. It just felt more substantial and led me to be less hands on so to speak. I thought the speed of the practice green was easier to handle with more weight (I did practice a bit with the 350 weight prior to the switch). I like the idea of adjustable weights in the putter.
Keep workin' brother, it will come to you. Double check your alignment as well. It's really easy to be misaligned and very common.

I'll be putting my DART to the perfect test tomorrow. I'll be tee'ing it up on one of the finest golf courses in this area, Highlands Country Club. My grandfather was the caddy master there for years and my dad caddied there for a lot of his youth. This course is the one course back home that you grew up wanting to play on and never could get on. This will be the 5th time I've played it and every time, I love it more and more. It will challenge every single aspect of your golf game, but specifically, on the greens. They'll be fast, they're undulated, and pace is crucial off the putter. I've seen putts roll of of greens and 30-40 yards back down in the fairway on this golf course. It's always a special treat to play it and if you want to read about the history of the club you can do so by clicking the link here:

http://www.highlandscountryclub.com/viewCustomPage.aspx?id=14

I'll be putting my DART to the perfect test tomorrow. I'll be tee'ing it up on one of the finest golf courses in this area, Highlands Country Club. My grandfather was the caddy master there for years and my dad caddied there for a lot of his youth. This course is the one course back home that you grew up wanting to play on and never could get on. This will be the 5th time I've played it and every time, I love it more and more. It will challenge every single aspect of your golf game, but specifically, on the greens. They'll be fast, they're undulated, and pace is crucial off the putter. I've seen putts roll of of greens and 30-40 yards back down in the fairway on this golf course. It's always a special treat to play it and if you want to read about the history of the club you can do so by clicking the link here:

Looks amazing bro, keep us updated and play well!

Best of luck tomorrow TC.

Looks awesome TC...good luck. May the DART be with you.

Thanks lads. I'm pretty excited about it, I might not get much sleep. I'll try to take some pictures to share. There's some amazingly tough golf holes on this mother, and in typical Donald Ross fashion, it has nothing to do with length. I can't think of a single Team Paradisian that could break 90 on this golf course, lol.

Thanks lads. I'm pretty excited about it, I might not get much sleep. I'll try to take some pictures to share. There's some amazingly tough golf holes on this mother, and in typical Donald Ross fashion, it has nothing to do with length. I can't think of a single Team Paradisian that could break 90 on this golf course, lol.

hehehehe. Definitely get some pics, dude. I was hoping to see some at the site you linked. Good luck dude. I'm betting you go low!

hehehehe. Definitely get some pics, dude. I was hoping to see some at the site you linked. Good luck dude. I'm betting you go low!

Me too, that website has no pics of the course. Good luck Cap'n!

You have to be a member of the club to have access to the website. Elitists!

I'll do my best to remember guys, I promise.

Take video. Callaway staffers are lacking in videos. haha

Take video. Callaway staffers are lacking in videos. haha

You make a good point smalls. ALthough I don't think I lack in video offerings, but I suppose I could come up with something else.

Yoccos - Hang in there man the putting willl come, keep confident with that putter

TC - Best of luck tomorrow!!! I am sure you will do wonderful at that course. Bring us back lots of pics!!!

You make a good point smalls. ALthough I don't think I lack in video offerings, but I suppose I could come up with something else.

Do a DDec impression.

I'm only referring to this thread compared to the TaylorMade putter thread. And I said CallAway, not CallOway! lol

You're the king of the videos, TC. Which is why I want to see more, I love them!

I'm only referring to this thread compared to the TaylorMade putter thread. And I said CallAway, not CallOway! lol

You're the king of the videos, TC. Which is why I want to see more, I love them!

Thanks man, I appreciate that. I may come up with some Dirte' (that's what I call my DART) video action. To be fair though, two of the Callaway staffers have yet to receive their putters.

I like making fun of that long knocking, handsomely pale, belbin in my videos.

I have broke 90 on this course before...

**I workabilitied that post using Tapatalk**

Youre gonna kill it captain; can't wait to hear about the round.

I'm aiming to play 36 holes tomorrow with what looks like to be my last round before the outing. Rain ties-sat-- I swear were gonna flood out here...

Yoc, hang in there pal, you'll be rolling those putts better soon, chalk it up to a bad day on the greens and move on!

TC, play well tomorrow buddy, I'm sure the DART Backstryke is going to rock. You'll definitely have confidence in your alignment so as long as the speed is right, you're money!

I'm curious how those greens look, my courses here are not that bad... I wonder what these Florida greens are going to be like? I haven't seen too many greens that undulate that extreme. Should be fun :)

Back