Callaway Super Hybrid

Just thought about something with this club: Given the increased size and the technology, what really would separate this from someone really buying a Heavenwood? Preference?

Just thought about something with this club: Given the increased size and the technology, what really would separate this from someone really buying a Heavenwood? Preference?
Definitely a smaller footprint than the heavenwood. I still classify the Heavenwood as a FW for me because I can’t hit it o_O.

Should I send a text with stock set ups and possible bag configurations?
Yes. Yes you should. Don’t forget to include his reward points in the pricing.

Another range session today. This is a great club for me. Gapped with the 21* EF Flash I think I will have my bases covered. I wish i would have known about the Adams Super Hybrid from years ago, I would have bought that one years ago.

Played this throughout the weekend and I know a few others tried it as well. First thing is it is definitely not draw biased. My ball wants to play a small cut with it, and it sits open by quite a bit to my eye. The ball just goes though.
We put a UST Recoil ZT9 tipped an inch in it and it is playing half an inch shorter and it was still going pretty deep for us.

Hopefully I can find one to demo to try next to the Flash hybrid I reviewed.

Played this throughout the weekend and I know a few others tried it as well. First thing is it is definitely not draw biased. My ball wants to play a small cut with it, and it sits open by quite a bit to my eye. The ball just goes though.
We put a UST Recoil ZT9 tipped an inch in it and it is playing half an inch shorter and it was still going pretty deep for us.

That’s interesting. I’ve not seen one in hand yet although I feel like every hybrid I pick up looks kinda closed.

That’s interesting. I’ve not seen one in hand yet although I feel like every hybrid I pick up looks kinda closed.
it definitely sits pretty open. The only time I went left was on an OTT swing that was a nasty ? hook. That’s on me.

Usually my local fitting center is on point with new releases but no sign of this one yet.
Any mere mortal swingers getting along with this one or is the stock shaft too demanding?

Would have liked to see this $100 less and with a normal Tensei non-pro Orange.

These are the numbers I am getting with the 17*.

1573568722792.png

View attachment 8914598
Haha. Very nice numbers. What kind of numbers would you typically see with your 3 wood? Also, was this off a tee or the deck? With that kind of carry, this could probably replace any fw in your bag. Unless you're more comfortable with a 3w off the tee I guess. Very solid man.

Haha. Very nice numbers. What kind of numbers would you typically see with your 3 wood? Also, was this off a tee or the deck? With that kind of carry, this could probably replace any fw in your bag. Unless you're more comfortable with a 3w off the tee I guess. Very solid man.

With a three wood I am usually in the 171-172 ball speed range. This was off the deck. Full disclosure this is at 4500 feet altitude. So if you are at sea level take off ~10%. It is a little less than that but that is an easy and close estimate.

With a three wood I am usually in the 171-172 ball speed range. This was off the deck. Full disclosure this is at 4500 feet altitude. So if you are at sea level take off ~10%. It is a little less than that but that is an easy and close estimate.
Do you see this fitting in the bag somewhere? Replacing a traditional hybrid?

Do you see this fitting in the bag somewhere? Replacing a traditional hybrid?

For me, yes. I could see it fit. I currently do not carry a fairway wood. I go Driver, than a 18 degree cobra utility iron. So this could fit in between those.

I look at this club as a pretty niche fit for most people. Kinda like the recent TM original one driver. To me it is not a traditional hybrid. It is pretty big so it will be less versatile. Meaning, hitting it from the rough could prove difficult. It is also very hot so I think gaping it between clubs could cause over laps. I like it as a shorter shafted easier to hit fairway wood that has a little more versatility. I personally would use it off the tee almost exclusively as a position club. Then maybe from the fairway once in a while.

For me, yes. I could see it fit. I currently do not carry a fairway wood. I go Driver, than a 18 degree cobra utility iron. So this could fit in between those.

I look at this club as a pretty niche fit for most people. Kinda like the recent TM original one driver. To me it is not a traditional hybrid. It is pretty big so it will be less versatile. Meaning, hitting it from the rough could prove difficult. It is also very hot so I think gaping it between clubs could cause over laps. I like it as a shorter shafted easier to hit fairway wood that has a little more versatility. I personally would use it off the tee almost exclusively as a position club. Then maybe from the fairway once in a while.
That kind of confirms my assumptions on it. This would be a great club for people who struggle with fairway woods. I have a buddy that is a great player. But, he absolutely cannot hit a 3 wood. His longest club is a 3H. He has said on many occasions that he wished he could hit a fairway wood. This would be a weapon in his hands.

View attachment 8914598
Great numbers -
This is not a Wisea$$ question - I see 27 yards to the right with a 60 RPM side spin to the right (SS seems low to me) - so was this a push to the right or a Fade?

Great numbers -
This is not a Wisea$$ question - I see 27 yards to the right with a 60 RPM side spin to the right (SS seems low to me) - so was this a push to the right or a Fade?

No problem. it was more of a push, but there is obviously a little bit of fade spin on it. What does SS mean? Swing speed? There are no numbers posted for that if so. For a driver I am typically in the 121-125 range depending..

Another range session today. This is a great club for me. Gapped with the 21* EF Flash I think I will have my bases covered. I wish i would have known about the Adams Super Hybrid from years ago, I would have bought that one years ago.
Have you determined your gapping with these two yet? Glad you are liking them! Just lurking and watching ?

I've told basically every foursome since Florida about this hybrid haha!

It's so good. I had a blast using it.
Funny, your signature still doesn't list this club as being in your bag :unsure:

Back