Callaway Super Hybrid

I believe @Canadan had a different take after a weekend of use.

Well to be fair I wouldn't write this club off completely. Its that good....If I played back tees I do think id find more use from it

Well to be fair I wouldn't write this club off completely. Its that good....If I played back tees I do think id find more use from it

You hit the ball hard, so could you make the case that if you had this in the bag, you could eliminate both your 3 wood and 2 iron? Thus allowing another club in the bag?

You hit the ball hard, so could you make the case that if you had this in the bag, you could eliminate both your 3 wood and 2 iron? Thus allowing another club in the bag?

Good point I didnt think of it that way. The 3 wood I honestly dont use much. 2 iron I look for more reasons to use off the tee on shorter holes or tight fairways. I think the hybrid for me launched higher than my 3 wood with faster ball speeds than the 2 iron

is it a real deal Tensei Pro orange shaft as stock?

Good point I didnt think of it that way. The 3 wood I honestly dont use much. 2 iron I look for more reasons to use off the tee on shorter holes or tight fairways. I think the hybrid for me launched higher than my 3 wood with faster ball speeds than the 2 iron
What was the distance gap between the Super Hybrid and your 3 wood if you don't mind me asking?

What was the distance gap between the Super Hybrid and your 3 wood if you don't mind me asking?

Id say about 8-10 yards shorter than the 3 wood, but also 8 - 10 yards further than my 2 iron... I have about a 20 yd gap between 3 wood and 2 iron

Id say about 8-10 yards shorter than the 3 wood, but also 8 - 10 yards further than my 2 iron... I have about a 20 yd gap between 3 wood and 2 iron
:unsure: Hmmm. That kind of yardage could very well be worth giving up the 3 wood. Especially if it's easier to hit off the deck. If I can play it well enough off the tee, it wouldn't be much either as my 3 wood off the tee is more of a position play than anything. Thanks man. You gave me a little more to think about here.

Man, so much hype around this club. I am really pondering if this would be a possibility in my bag. With the distance everyone seems to be getting, I don't know if it would fit the bag.
depending On spin numbers, I feel this could fit my 2nd shot approach onto greens on par 5s. A 3 hybrid is generally not long enough, a 3 wood would be too far. If this spins well, I’d be happy.

you two along with Zack and Manning are the exact players that come to mind for this club. A deadly weapon for longer second shots.

:unsure: Hmmm. That kind of yardage could very well be worth giving up the 3 wood. Especially if it's easier to hit off the deck. If I can play it well enough off the tee, it wouldn't be much either as my 3 wood off the tee is more of a position play than anything. Thanks man. You gave me a little more to think about here.

I think JB and now my answers have talked me into looking at it more serious now too lol. Im pretty sure it is a real deal Pro Orange shaft in it so that alone is good value vs someone in the market buying a new fairway wood.

This is what I think will be the case for longer hitters. About half a club behind the 3-wood on good strikes, but more consistent.

you two along with Zack and Manning are the exact players that come to mind for this club. A deadly weapon for longer second shots.
I will have to see what kind of distance this thing produces. If it's going to make the bag, I think it would have to replace my 3 wood. I was really hoping to demo it. But, the off season has our local golf shop a little slow on ordering new product at the moment. Didn't even have a demo. May have to sneak back over there this weekend and see if they got at least a fitting head in.

Just had a lunch range session focusing on the long game. The 16* SH is staying for a long time. I can hit it a ton off the tee or deck. I am putting my Ping 410’s back in at the 19 & 23 spots. I did not get along with the EF Hybrid to pair up with the SH. I don’t see a need to have more than one of the SH in my bag and the Pings just fit the gaps Perfectly.

Just had a lunch range session focusing on the long game. The 16* SH is staying for a long time. I can hit it a ton off the tee or deck. I am putting my Ping 410’s back in at the 19 & 23 spots. I did not get along with the EF Hybrid to pair up with the SH. I don’t see a need to have more than one of the SH in my bag and the Pings just fit the gaps Perfectly.
Very interesting. So, how does the SH at 16 compare to your 3-wood distance wise and consistency wise? Are you that much further than the 19* G410 to carry both? I have only hit the 20* and it is pretty much right in line with my 19* G410 so I suppose that makes sense.

I believe @Canadan had a different take after a weekend of use.
I missed once with it in two days off the tee, using it as my driver lol

That thing is nuts. I need one.

Very interesting. So, how does the SH at 16 compare to your 3-wood distance wise and consistency wise? Are you that much further than the 19* G410 to carry both? I have only hit the 20* and it is pretty much right in line with my 19* G410 so I suppose that makes sense.
I don’t really carry a three wood, but the 16 goes about 230-235 carry which I could never get out of a three wood from the deck. My 19 is about a 215 carry for me. I have been super consistent with the SH and super confident. Don’t know why I can stripe this and can’t even seem to get a semblance of good contact with a FW.o_O

I want one of these badly.

May be a good fit for me. Bought an Epic Flash 3 wood and it just isn’t for me. Perhaps the Super hybrid will suit me better.

May be a good fit for me. Bought an Epic Flash 3 wood and it just isn’t for me. Perhaps the Super hybrid will suit me better.
I think you will enjoy it. It is crazy easy to hit and get in the air.

Got another 9 in today and used the SH to tee off on most of the holes (shorter municipal track). Got great results. I did sky one about 165 yards on a 400 yard Par 4. No problem, hit a SH off the deck onto the green. Also, I was able to get all gaps figured out and the Ping Hybrids are perfect for what I have going.

Decision made: Backup driver, backup 3 wood, backup wedge set will be traded soon for this club. I will never part with my Mizuno MP14 set as I already put a directive in my will that this set of irons will be buried with me when I say farewell to earth life.

I could see this replacing both my 3 wood and 3 hybrid. I hit 3 wood off tee a lot (inconsistent off deck) and 3 hybrid off deck but if I could combine both into one club would give room in bag for maybe a 5 wood or 5 SH (dreaming) or putting 4 iron back in bag. Looking forward to hitting this over the winter at Golftown.

I stopped at PGA SS today after work and hit the Super Hybrid. Wow. That thing has some punch. If the yardage of the Trackman was close, then the 20 degree SH was sitting at my yardage of my G410 set at 18 degrees. 190-195 carry and 200-205ish total. They didnt have a 17 degree to hit (that is what I am interested in).

Anyhow, it really felt neutral to me and didnt feel like it was draw bias or hook prone. If anything, I felt like I was getting a slight fade. Maybe just my swing after a day at work. One thing for sure is, this thing is hot and I really liked it behind the ball at address.

Also, I had question about a 80g shaft, but those concerns are gone. It felt really good.

In this small sample size, I was impressed. I need to get a 17 outdoors and see what the flight truly is.

I was thinking of something as I was driving home. If they make a Super Hybrid with Titanium, etc., wouldnt it make sense to go that route with the Driver. "Super Epic Flash". I love my Epic Flash driver, but I wonder what would happen if the Flash Flash was Titanium. I think it is steel?

Going off memory here, but pretty sure the Epic Flash uses Titanium in the face, that is forged for durability.

Going off memory here, but pretty sure the Epic Flash uses Titanium in the face, that is forged for durability.

Yes, I remember asking about that during the tech tour - it's titanium.

Back