Callaway UPro MX GPS

Has there been anymore word on the updates for this unit?

everything works for me except promode... but then again i didnt dl any promode courses lol

I use promode courses all the time...so they work.

I had nothing but problems with the UPro I bought last year, it would take one heck of a lot to get me to spend my money on another. Operationally the thing worked pretty well, but the lack of updated courses in my area and the lack of concern with getting them updated for me, or even as much as a call back was the biggest problem. Then the rebate I never received. I must have called 10 times about that, kept getting the run around, and well after I got rid of the unit someone from Callaway calls to see how they can help, haha. Now that's customer service.

What works and doesn't work?

I think one thing that doesn't is the ability to track each shot on the Callaway website. I never wanted to do that anyway so it was not a big deal to me.

Then the rebate I never received. I must have called 10 times about that, kept getting the run around, and well after I got rid of the unit someone from Callaway calls to see how they can help, haha. Now that's customer service.
Just today, about noon, I got a call from Callaway Customer Service making sure I was happy with the refund process, did I get it in a timely manner, did everything go OK, etc. They also asked if their failure to field a reliable piece of equipment harmed the Callaway brand in my opinion. The call lasted about five minutes. Has anyone else gotten this?

Just today, about noon, I got a call from Callaway Customer Service making sure I was happy with the refund process, did I get it in a timely manner, did everything go OK, etc. They also asked if their failure to field a reliable piece of equipment harmed the Callaway brand in my opinion. The call lasted about five minutes. Has anyone else gotten this?

yes, I got it thursday around noon or so

All: I kept my uPro mx because I never had any problems with it. Two months ago I dropped it on the hardwood floor in my kitchen and it got a couple of cracks in the screen. Since it has turned cold & I doubt I will be playing for a while I called Callaway & explained the situation. They are sending me a shipping label for me to send it in. They are going to do an assessment & either fix the screen or replace the device...& they are also going to throw in a protective skin for free!

Callaway gives great customer service!

I got a uPro MX in the mail today from Callaway plus the protective skin for free. All my old pro courses are loaded on my new device so that is great also! I will be using it on the course tomorrow.

Thank you Callaway!

I got a uPro MX in the mail today from Callaway plus the protective skin for free. All my old pro courses are loaded on my new device so that is great also! I will be using it on the course tomorrow.

Thank you Callaway!

Now that is what you call customer service!

Did not know about the test. I had just emailed them this week about the other features that are supposed to be on the UPRO MX. There sponse was their enhancements would be coming soon. I am still happy with the product without the added features, but I was looking forward to being able to track my stats. Thanks for the heads up on the BETA test. I signed up for it. We'll see what happens. I will post what I see.
You can get the beta upgrade to test for them now if you'd like.

send you name and device serial number to https://callawaygolf.wufoo.com/forms/mx-beta-user-request-form/.

Anyone heard a date for the relaunch of this product? I ordered it last time and it never made it to the UK before being pulled.

I still think it's a cracking looking product and hopefully it will work properly this time

Did not know about the test. I had just emailed them this week about the other features that are supposed to be on the UPRO MX. There sponse was their enhancements would be coming soon. I am still happy with the product without the added features, but I was looking forward to being able to track my stats. Thanks for the heads up on the BETA test. I signed up for it. We'll see what happens. I will post what I see.
I signed up for it as well. My UPro died on me and they are sending me the UPro MX for free to replace it. Hoping this Beta takes care of the issues.

Got another email from Callaway support today. They have the beta test ready to go:

Dear Valued MX User,

We are writing because you have expressed interest in being part of our Beta Test team for the update of the upro mx device. We very much appreciate your willingness to help, and know that your input will be invaluable as we work to improve the upro mx product and its related services.

We would like for you to participate in a beta test of the mx software patch, which we are nearly ready to release to the entire mx user base. It will resolve several of the key issues that have been reported on the device, such as:

Software freeze during play Inaccurate battery indicator Difficult list navigation

We have also made additional experience improvements we hope you like. At this time, the software patch is only available for PC owners. We are working on a solution for Apple computer owners, but it is not yet available for beta testing.

If you would like to participate in the beta test, here is what we would like you to do:

1. Complete the online agreement (Click Here) 2. Update your mx device withthe software patch (upgrade willbe available within 2business days of acceptance of agreement) 3. Play golf with the new software 4. Fill out ashort online surveyonyourexperience (Click Here)

In appreciation of your participation, we are offering a free sleeve of Callaway Golf Tour i(z) golf balls for the first 100 testers who update their mx device and complete the survey.

Thank you again for all your help. We truly appreciate your support, and look forward to continuing to improve the MX experience.

I received the same message and I am looking forward to trying out this update. I also received a new battery from callaway a few days ago and new battery is lasting longer now.

i need to check my email... hopefully i got the same message

I just received and downloaded the version 2.2 update.
The home screen is now different, you no longer swype to get to different screens. There are npw 5 icons on the main screen.
The device seems to be much more responsive and the lag I had seems to be gone.
Looking forward to trying it out on the course.

Anxiously awaiting my update for the 2.2 beta testing! I have a new upro mx now -- Called Callaway around Christmas and said mine (purchased in May 2011) only lasted 20 holes, they told me to return it (the sent free return shipping label). They sent an entirely new-in-the box mx, even though I only returned the device and battery (i.e., I received new charger and cable so I have two of each now). Haven't gotten out to see if it lasts more than 20 holes (I live near Chicago), but I may play a "virtual round" this weekend -- just turn it on, select a nearby course, and go about my daily life but change holes or track a new shot every few minutes. The distances will be messed up (like 999 yards to the green all the time), but it still tracks and records "shots" (how far I walk or drive), and the battery drain should be the same as if I were actually on the course. Then I'll see if it lasts more than 6 hours.

I'll eventually get on the course, but for the next few weeks probably still too cool and/or snowy (although this has been a mild winter so far).

i still havent heard word about the beta testing... got an email that said it'd take 2 days... maybe ill check it tomorrow

Played today, worked great no issues with turning off, battery was 65% after 18.
Looks like winner, will play again tomorrow.

Last edited:
Played with the new beta v2.2 software today, worked great no issues with turning off, battery was 65% after 18.

That is great to hear!

I'm excited to see how the updated version works. If they can work all these bugs out, it will be a winner for a lot of folks. (myself included)

I got my update yesterday. Will go out tomorrow and give it a trial run. I did play around with all the available settings on the device. The new home screen is definitely easier to use. I like not having to scroll through to the desired window. I noticed that it is very responsive now compared to previously. I did do a virtual couple of holes, looks great. Will get some feed back here tomorrow.
Played with the new beta v2.2 software today, worked great no issues with turning off, battery was 65% after 18.

i got a reply email saying it takes 2 business days... its saturday... guess ill wait till monday to find out

Played again today, worked great. Struggle with scrolling to enter score, or turning on side for score.
55% battery after 18.

Are you using the pro mode features? Is the screen brighter?

Sorry to say I couldn't make it to the course and Sunday. My next opertunity is Wednesday. Hopefully I can give you some good feed back on a pro mode.

Back