Callaway X-Hot 3 Deep Fairway Wood Review Thread

I stopped and paid the 3 Deep another visit at the golf shop today. The simulators were busy or I would have hit some balls. I can't wait to get my grubby paws on one of these!

I stopped and paid the 3 Deep another visit at the golf shop today. The simulators were busy or I would have hit some balls. I can't wait to get my grubby paws on one of these!

Did you order one for TMC? I thought I remembered reading that you did, but I am not positive.

This club is so sweet and so responsive. I had a nine hole workout with it this AM and I have to say it get better each time out. I played a tight fade and tight draw into the 11th hole and it performed as well as it possibly could. And truth be told the fade was 10yds longer than the draw. With the correct shaft, this club would be doing things I dream of. The PX6.0 isn't the best fit for me. It is starting to feel better, but the ball just drops out of the air.

I hit three balls from 263 on the 2nd par 5 to a very small target area. I was on the left side of the fairway and had 263 to the front end over water with tree right. I set up on the right side of the green and hit a tight draw right to the front of the green, literally two yards off the front. If it hadn't been damp, I would have been on the back of the green.

The speeder 6.1 will give me a higher launch and same stability, so I except to be maybe 10 yards longer off the deck and out past the driver off the tee. Although the White Tie combo in the driver was a jaw dropper today (another story for another thread)

This club is so sweet and so responsive. I had a nine hole workout with it this AM and I have to say it get better each time out. I played a tight fade and tight draw into the 11th hole and it performed as well as it possibly could. And truth be told the fade was 10yds longer than the draw. With the correct shaft, this club would be doing things I dream of. The PX6.0 isn't the best fit for me. It is starting to feel better, but the ball just drops out of the air.

I hit three balls from 263 on the 2nd par 5 to a very small target area. I was on the left side of the fairway and had 263 to the front end over water with tree right. I set up on the right side of the green and hit a tight draw right to the front of the green, literally two yards off the front. If it hadn't been damp, I would have been on the back of the green.

The speeder 6.1 will give me a higher launch and same stability, so I except to be maybe 10 yards longer off the deck and out past the driver off the tee. Although the White Tie combo in the driver was a jaw dropper today (another story for another thread)
I hope you leave some of those long shots in the club for me!

I just was not sure if you were aware of the 13* being the only LH option. Glad to hear you have it coming to you. Which shaft did you choose?

I always keep an eye on my fellow lefties options, I just don't swing lefty. :alien:

Stock 6.0 for me right now. But as we all know, I'm a tinkerer.

I hope you leave some of those long shots in the club for me!
I actually will be sending this back next week unless we play together then ill give it to you. You need to experience this club

I actually will be sending this back next week unless we play together then ill give it to you. You need to experience this club
I wanted it to spend sometime with someone who can actually hit it worth a crap before it's dull experience in my bag.

My home course is hosting a Cally demo day today. I'll be racing over there from work for the sole purpose of hitting this monster.

My home course is hosting a Cally demo day today. I'll be racing over there from work for the sole purpose of hitting this monster.

Can you report back on 13* vs. 14.5*? Thanks!

Didn't have a great session with this club today. It was launching really low. Must re-think my ponder.

Didn't have a great session with this club today. It was launching really low. Must re-think my ponder.
Quick question; What kind of distance were you seeing?

What shaft and flex was in the club. What was the loft?

What shaft and flex was in the club. What was the loft?

PX 6.0 with 14.5 degrees loft.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Is the Matrix white tie and option or maybe the Fubuki ax xflex

The black tie is available. Not sure how it would do off the deck with a low launch shaft though.

But it is a $225 upgrade. I've got to save money for the ultimate club testing right now.

Sorry to hear it didn't go well.

No worries...I think it's a bit over my skill level. It's great to see you guys bombing it though, can't imagine how good it must feel getting on in two for a long par 5.

No worries...I think it's a bit over my skill level. It's great to see you guys bombing it though, can't imagine how good it must feel getting on in two for a long par 5.

IMHO, that's not the sole purpose of this club. At least not for me. My current 3W is my go to confidence club off the tee when looking at a narrow fairway. That costs me about 30 yards in distance to get that extra accuracy. I am looking for the lower lofted 3Deep to fill in that gap so I can get the shot I need without sacrificing as much distance. I'm sure that there will be occasions for hitting it off the deck but it'll get far more use off the tee box.

Yep. 14.5 with the stock PX shaft.

I hear you buddy. Are you planning on this as just an option off the tee, or are you thinking about pulling it in the fairway?

I always keep an eye on my fellow lefties options, I just don't swing lefty. :alien:

Stock 6.0 for me right now. But as we all know, I'm a tinkerer.

Oh, I know you are. You will probably have 4 different shafts in there during a range session. hahaha

The black tie is available. Not sure how it would do off the deck with a low launch shaft though.

But it is a $225 upgrade. I've got to save money for the ultimate club testing right now.

I went with the black tie, but I am planning on using this almost exclusively off of the tee.

Played nine this afternoon and had a few opportunities to hit the 3Deep. I'm getting a better feel for it and it is an absolute beast off the tee. It is stupid long. My driver was only 10-15 yards further on a few holes with a few that were in the 20+ range. I hit two today that were over 300. I have never hit a 3 wood that long before. It is astounding. I hit this as long if not longer than my previous driver.

So far, I'm really liking the stock Project X 6.5 shaft. It's an accurate and forgiving options off the tee. I hit a few today that would be been unplayable or OOB with my previous 3 wood. One in particular stood out for me today: off the tee into the wind with trouble left, at impact I thought I had hooked it into the hazard, but looking up I saw I had hit a high draw didn't move nearly as much I thought it was going to. With my previous 3, it was a swing that would have gotten me trouble.

Reading this thread is bad for my wallet!

Reading this thread is bad for my wallet!

You aren't alone dude, it finally got me.

Managed to update the shipping addy through UPS since budgetgolf were being asses about it. Excited is an understatement, I love my XHP, but I'm an off the tee only (95% of the time at leas hehe) with 3-wood guy and this deep face....oh my.

You aren't alone dude, it finally got me.

Managed to update the shipping addy through UPS since budgetgolf were being asses about it. Excited is an understatement, I love my XHP, but I'm an off the tee only (95% of the time at leas hehe) with 3-wood guy and this deep face....oh my.

I love how the 3Deep looks on the tee--it gives me confidence.

My 3Deep is on the way from Cally as we speak... guaranteed delivery by Thursday, but it can't come soon enough. Killing me slowly... the reward will be worth it though!!!!

Back