Callaway XHot Hybrid - Forum Testing Review

Sounds logical, but then again effective loft on a descending blow would be lower and backspin would have to make up for the loft to get the ball in the air right?

Either way, I've owned Adams, TMag, Nike, Titleist, and now X-hot hybrids. By far these are the easiest to hit and hit long of any hybrid club I've ever had in the bag.

Sounds logical, but then again effective loft on a descending blow would be lower and backspin would have to make up for the loft to get the ball in the air right?

Either way, I've owned Adams, TMag, Nike, Titleist, and now X-hot hybrids. By far these are the easiest to hit and hit long of any hybrid club I've ever had in the bag.
Yup. This Hybrid is one of the easiest to hit the ball and I quote
I am not official forum tester for this. However I spent some time at a store with 19 degree hybrid and this thing is really easy to hit.
I would buy this hybrid if I were looking for one.
If you like working the ball, like draws and fades? this will listen and follow your command (of course you put the right swing to it, not just yell at the club :) )
You want to hit high or low? the club listens and follows the commands.
only thing I did find not up there is that it seems to be slightly upright.. I would have really liked it if it were about 3 degrees flatter.
that's it folks

Driver is averaging 295. 3 iron is about 260, but not great consistency.

Dan

That's a serious 3i. If your gaps are consistent, is your 7i 220 yards?

it does sound like exactly what you said "might have caught a bit thin" when you tried sweeper's swing.
As for launch angle, here is my opinion. :) *keep in mind that everyone has his/her opinion* Assuming we attach a club to a swing machine so that only thing that is different is sweeper swing or digger swing (meaning that club face angle is same just that sweeper swing is more leveled with the ground)... launch angle would be same for both. Why? because in my opinion, launch angle is "initial launch angle" so that would be the same because at the point of impact, whatever the effective loft is, they are same *remember we are using swing machine so we make all variables equal except sweeping or digging*
as soon as ball launches (initial launch) then overall ball flight kicks in and each will now continue to fly differently. assuming both were hit at the sweet spot, digger's swing will add more backspin. so when they land it will give less roll out.
and that is what we see on PGA tournament from those pros. when they want a more roll out they would do sweeper swing. they want more back spin to stop the ball faster then they do somewhat a digger swing.. *again this is my opinion and not a universal law :) *

Launch angles will be different simply because of the angle of the club face and the amount of spin generated at impact. Some would say the digger would have a high launch and others the sweeper. It doesn't matter because they would be different.

Pros do not change their swings to get different ball flights. The deloft or open the club face to get their desired trajectory. Mark Omera is a sweeper and always will be. Not sure his clubs have ever been clean of dirt. lee Westwood is a digger and always will be.

the Xhot hybrid moved the COG and reduced to spin to achieve the high launch everyone is seeing. From the 1 to the 4 each launches high and for each golfer could launch low, mid or high. But on a normal swing they launch high and land soft.

Driver is averaging 295. 3 iron is about 260, but not great consistency.

Dan
based on these distance, why would you get a hybrid or a wood. I mean, you hit you 3i as far if not farther than most three woods. There isn't a ole designed that you can reach in two with your distance.

A 3h would not be a good choice in my opinion.

This hybrid is so easy to hit em straight and long. With that 32 day guarantee, its a no-brainer to buy this club. I bet most will not give it back!!
It's a huge no brainer!!!

Launch angles will be different simply because of the angle of the club face and the amount of spin generated at impact. Some would say the digger would have a high launch and others the sweeper. It doesn't matter because they would be different.

Pros do not change their swings to get different ball flights. The deloft or open the club face to get their desired trajectory. Mark Omera is a sweeper and always will be. Not sure his clubs have ever been clean of dirt. lee Westwood is a digger and always will be.

the Xhot hybrid moved the COG and reduced to spin to achieve the high launch everyone is seeing. From the 1 to the 4 each launches high and for each golfer could launch low, mid or high. But on a normal swing they launch high and land soft.
Let me repeat the below first
........Assuming we attach a club to a swing machine so that only thing that is different is sweeper swing or digger swing.......
then add to say this ....
Using a swing machine (or should I say dream swing machine) that only thing that is different is that sweeper swing or digger swing. this means at impact the effective loft is same, club head speed is same, each time it is a 100% sweet spot hit, everything else is same.
Sure some will say, that is impossible because everyone swings differently. I agree that is why I said using a (dream) swing machine...
Is it so hard to grasp the idea of all things equal except 1 thing?
*note: This might end up being my last post ever when it comes to swing and stuff.. I will continue to post photos, funny comments :)

That's a serious 3i. If your gaps are consistent, is your 7i 220 yards?

It's more like 215.

based on these distance, why would you get a hybrid or a wood. I mean, you hit you 3i as far if not farther than most three woods. There isn't a ole designed that you can reach in two with your distance.

A 3h would not be a good choice in my opinion.

I agree with everything you say in terms of hole design and distance. The main reason I'm looking is consistency. While my 3i is long, getting a consistent dispersion with such a long club is a little challenging, so I'm hoping a 3h would help with that.

Dan

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Alright THP'ers, so..... my club arrived yesterday. YES:) despite confusion and mix up. I will have photos and my initial thoughts up sometime today. I hope to get on the range tomorrow if not Friday for sure. Thank you again to THP & Callaway golf for giving us all this incredible opportunity to test out the X-Hot hybrids.

Any updates?

Hit these at the Callaway Performance center yesterday. There will definitely be one (or two) of these in my bag.

Hit these at the Callaway Performance center yesterday. There will definitely be one (or two) of these in my bag.

What are you thinking about going with?

My buddy made a tee time at a course I've never played before. And get this: they don't have a range. What the...? I'm hoping I'll get a few holes and opportunities to hit the X-Hot. If not, I'll just have to head to the range on Saturday or Sunday.

My buddy made a tee time at a course I've never played before. And get this: they don't have a range. What the...? I'm hoping I'll get a few holes and opportunities to hit the X-Hot. If not, I'll just have to head to the range on Saturday or Sunday.

If it's not busy out, "provisional" off the tee just in case.

If it's not busy out, "provisional" off the tee just in case.
Yeah I planned on it. Just hitting 1 or 2 a hole will be good for me. I'm sure there will be a few holes where I can give it a go though.

Yeah I planned on it. Just hitting 1 or 2 a hole will be good for me. I'm sure there will be a few holes where I can give it a go though.

Easily yeah. I'm thinking you'll be just fine haha

Guys, I really can't wait to get out with this thing tomorrow. I'm so excited to see what it's like outside of a sim.

Great stuff so far, gents!

Tapped out on my EVO 4G LTE

Great stuff so far, gents!

Tapped out on my EVO 4G LTE
+1 on this. Between the Hot X hybrid testing and the Hot X Iron thread. I'm in full-scale, defcon2, ponder mode on a combo Hot X set with 4h, 5h, 6-AW.

+1 on this. Between the Hot X hybrid testing and the Hot X Iron thread. I'm in full-scale, defcon2, ponder mode on a combo Hot X set with 4h, 5h, 6-AW.
I HIGHLY recommend it based on the hybrids alone. I haven't hit the irons because I'm not in the market for those (don't want to even tempt myself), but the hybrids are out of this world!

Alright THP'ers, so..... my club arrived yesterday. YES:) despite confusion and mix up. I will have photos and my initial thoughts up sometime today. I hope to get on the range tomorrow if not Friday for sure. Thank you again to THP & Callaway golf for giving us all this incredible opportunity to test out the X-Hot hybrids.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts bud.

I HIGHLY recommend it based on the hybrids alone. I haven't hit the irons because I'm not in the market for those (don't want to even tempt myself), but the hybrids are out of this world!

Thanks Darren. I'm getting ready to head out and to try out these bad boys.

I went with the 3/4h and 5-p irons and couldn't be happier. Sooooo easy to hit straight and long.

Taptaptaparoo

I've gotten a chance to hit this club 5 or so times on the front and I LOVE it!

I've gotten a chance to hit this club 5 or so times on the front and I LOVE it!

So long and straight, right? Its definitely my favorite club in the bag.

Back