Callaway XR Pro Irons Preview Thread

I have the tour v 110g stiff in mine. I tend to get along better with a heavier shafts but the tour v is a good match with these heads. I'm seeing a mid high ball flight that penetrates the wind very well
Now that is a combo I could easily get down with. Glad to see these are "silly" for those that have taken the plunge or demo'd them.

Longerrrrrrrrrrrr! The cup face tech I s wicked Pandaman!
I played a trap draw (JM refernece) on one hole with a 4 irons and was just begin the 3 other drives. Bit scary to tell the truth.

I have the tour v 110g stiff in mine. I tend to get along better with a heavier shafts but the tour v is a good match with these heads. I'm seeing a mid high ball flight that penetrates the wind very well
How many sets of irons do you have, sheesh

I played a trap draw (JM refernece) on one hole with a 4 irons and was just begin the 3 other drives. Bit scary to tell the truth.
And the profile is surprising behind the ball isn't it?

Callaway should put me on commission. I just sold a set.

I got my buddy to buy a set as well. I honestly feel like I have a clear advantage over my buddies that are still playing forged cavity back. Mum is the word!

And the profile is surprising behind the ball isn't it?
Yeo, first thing I didn't notice. Trying to decide which driver to trade in on a set of these

Scary is the right word. Yesterday at the end of a long range session I hit 4 balls with my 5 iron to see if I could reach the 237 flag. I had a small wind at my back and our range is a little down hill so it was playing more like 215 yds. but all 4 balls finished with 15 feet of the flag. The forgiveness and distance of these is truly impressive.

I was in golf Galaxy today killing time and set these down next to the regular xrs. I really didn't feel the regular xr was "Chunky" and personally didn't see that much of a difference in offset.

Tap tap taparoo

213 with a 6 iron? That is crazy dude

War Eagle from my iPhone

I was quite surprised for sure, awesome club. What shafts are you going to play in these Will?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered the KBS Tour in stiff. Little bit heavier shaft than the PXI I've played the last couple years

War Eagle from my iPhone

I was in golf Galaxy today killing time and set these down next to the regular xrs. I really didn't feel the regular xr was "Chunky" and personally didn't see that much of a difference in offset.

Tap tap taparoo
The talk of the xr being chunky blew my mind for the start. Some act like they're g series big haha.

The talk of the xr being chunky blew my mind for the start. Some act like they're g series big haha.
Whatever, these are so not chunky. What is a thin non chunky club these days? Outside of a true blade, I can't think of any.

Whatever, these are so not chunky. What is a thin non chunky club these days? Outside of a true blade, I can't think of any.

Was talking about the xr rather than the xrp's, all through my test all we heard was how big they were... But they aren't.

These though have a beautiful topline for sure. They're so good too, silly long Panda, silly long.

My buddy hit his 23* Adams Pro Mini, I handed him the XR Pro 7 iron and they went the same distance.

Scary good I tell you.

My buddy hit his 23* Adams Pro Mini, I handed him the XR Pro 7 iron and they went the same distance.

Scary good I tell you.
But but but

Lofts........

4-AW with Stock shaft stiff at +1/2 inch ordered, looking forward to putting them up against the Z545.

I should've getting mine this week I hope. Then I get to put them through the ringer!

After starting my round yesterday with 3 bogies I was in the groove with my XR Pro's at the end, hitting 4 of my last 5 approach shots inside of 7 feet. The yardages were 8 iron from 176(down wind), 5 iron from 203, 9 iron from 147 and 8 iron from 154. The wind was 10-15 mph and gusty and it was great to see how they held a straight flight with cross and head winds. The one from 176 was special because it was over water and resulted in an eagle. These irons are proving to be not only long but very accurate. I haven't experience any "flyer" shots yet off the center of the face like I've seen in the past with my limited experience with GI or SGI clubs.

I got these out to the course for the first time yesterday and I pretty much echo everyone else's thoughts. My swing was not spectacular (or ever particularly good) yesterday, but these things just flat out perform. The thing that I was probably the most impressed by was the forgiveness, especially low on the face. I hit two semi-thin wedge shots that carried probably 5 yards further than a perfect strike with my old set. They also seem to want to fly straight. I pulled the ball a lot more often than I have recently, and it was almost like the irons were trying to fight the pull hook for me. They definitely went left, but I ended up in a lot less trouble than I deserved, frankly.

I purchased the XRP'S 4-AW. But after having so much success I am wondering. Should I have purchased the 3 iron as well.

This is in the context of a THP'ER who struggled hitting my long irons and had recently stopped carrying anything stronger than the 6 iron.

But I have played a few rounds with the 4 iron. I have actually found them more forgiving than my hybrids or even my 3W.

So I'm wondering if the 3 iron might just be the perfect club to tee off with on the short par 4's that measure less than 350 yards. If I could hit the 3 iron out to 220 yards straight in the middle of the fairway, it would leave me with a wedge into the green.

Sounds like a winner.

No????

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I purchased the XRP'S 4-AW. But after having so much success I am wondering. Should I have purchased the 3 iron as well.

This is in the context of a THP'ER who struggled hitting my long irons and had recently stopped carrying anything stronger than the 6 iron.

But I have played a few rounds with the 4 iron. I have actually found them more forgiving than my hybrids or even my 3W.

So I'm wondering if the 3 iron might just be the perfect club to tee off with on the short par 4's that measure less than 350 yards. If I could hit the 3 iron out to 220 yards straight in the middle of the fairway, it would leave me with a wedge into the green.

Sounds like a winner.

No????

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I was debating getting the 3 iron with my set, but i held off for now to wait and see how the 4 works for me. I am more of a long iron guy than a hybrid fan, so i can see in the future making that 3I purchase

Callaway XR Pro Irons Preview Thread

I wanna go hit these.....now!!

I had my first round out with these yesterday. It so happened to be my first A-Team league match too! Always a good think to put a brand new, untested, set of irons into the bag for a competitive round :)

All I can say is that they were fantastic. I feel like I can actually attack longer holes again by hitting 4, 5 and 6 irons into holes I would previously would have been hitting 4 iron or hybrid. Biggest issue for me is going to be adjusting to new yardages, especially into the wind, as the XR Pro's seem not to be affected as much into the wind as other irons. May have something to do with the slightly lower spin numbers I get with these.

Once again, I was blown away by these and yes the only word I can use to describe playing with them is FUN.

I had my first round out with these yesterday. It so happened to be my first A-Team league match too! Always a good think to put a brand new, untested, set of irons into the bag for a competitive round :)

All I can say is that they were fantastic. I feel like I can actually attack longer holes again by hitting 4, 5 and 6 irons into holes I would previously would have been hitting 4 iron or hybrid. Biggest issue for me is going to be adjusting to new yardages, especially into the wind, as the XR Pro's seem not to be affected as much into the wind as other irons. May have something to do with the slightly lower spin numbers I get with these.

Once again, I was blown away by these and yes the only word I can use to describe playing with them is FUN.

what shaft did you go with?

Back