Callaway XR16 Fairway Wood Preview

I need to see a backyard video of you swinging this thing.
I have the 3W (15 degree) that I got cut down to 42.75 inches, which is the length of the XR16 16 degree pro. Have yet to hit it but headed to Top Golf this evening so might give it a spin.

I need to see a backyard video of you swinging this thing.

Ha, my backyard, hitting over trees and a few houses, personal range. Even better, playing Sunday so will get some wacks in then too!

Anybody hit the X16 3+ model. It looks like Henrik is playing one.

I hit this along with 6 other 3W. By far the worst one I hit. The 816 was a much better club for me personally if you want to go Callaway. If you are open to other offerings hit the new ping G. Probably the best of the 7 I hit. I could have really used any of the top 3 for me though. Which were the Ping, 816, and M1.

I finally got my XR16 3 wood out on the range tonight and after one session she's in the bag. I was trying to replace my beloved (albeit cracked) X Hot 3 wood with a Fubuki AX 75 shaft and this one answered the call. So easy to hit off the tee and the ball launches HIGH. I was flying the back fence which is 235 yards. The trajectory may be even higher than my old X Hot. I'm certain this will be just as long and probably more forgiving. I don't hit 3 woods well off the deck so we'll see when I actually get this on the course. I prefer this over my XR16 Pro which for me hits it lower with more fade. It's fine off the tee but doesn't do me any favors off the deck. I noticed the sound of the XR16 was not as loud as the XR16 Pro. Not sure why that would be the case but I like it. It's a solid crack.

It also performs better than my 815 Alpha 3 wood.

Did a search, couldn't find an XR16 thread newer than this one.

I received the 3+ as a prat of my Grandaddy experience, partly because I hit it well, partly because I was intrigued, and partly because I'd spent a bunch of time with XR16 Pro and 816 Alpha already. I was paired with the Graphite Design TP-7x shaft, and wow is it ever something.

Playing it today on course, I had one very mediocre swing that resulted in nothing worth talking about, and three swings that were perfection. Somewhere in the mid/high realm (what I want), and awfully straight. The best strike was a 250-260 carry BOMB on the 7th hole. Dead straight, hanging for a while, landed on the left side center of the fairway where I was aiming.

I do believe these can be had for a pretty awesome price right now. If you haven't hit one, I'd encourage it.

Did a search, couldn't find an XR16 thread newer than this one.

I received the 3+ as a prat of my Grandaddy experience, partly because I hit it well, partly because I was intrigued, and partly because I'd spent a bunch of time with XR16 Pro and 816 Alpha already. I was paired with the Graphite Design TP-7x shaft, and wow is it ever something.

Playing it today on course, I had one very mediocre swing that resulted in nothing worth talking about, and three swings that were perfection. Somewhere in the mid/high realm (what I want), and awfully straight. The best strike was a 250-260 carry BOMB on the 7th hole. Dead straight, hanging for a while, landed on the left side center of the fairway where I was aiming.

I do believe these can be had for a pretty awesome price right now. If you haven't hit one, I'd encourage it.

Get out of my head! I've been tempted to try one lately. This glowing review isn't helping that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sounds good. A 5w is coming my way. Bought it at a very good price.

Still one of the best 3W's I've gamed. Still in the bag.

I picked up the 4W to replace both the 3W and 5W in my bag, opening up a slot for an additional hybrid or wedge. It took a few rounds to get used to it but now I hit it as long or longer than my X2Hot 3W and much more consistently. I ended up keeping the 5W in the bag as I just crush it off the fairway and haven't reached that level of proficiency with the 4W........yet.

I also got a 3 wood at the Grandaddy because I hit it a touch better than the Fusion and i wish I would have switched awhile ago.I feel like the ball just explodes off the face compared to the Aeroburner I was gaming.

Question, are the ladies heads any difference, or just have a lady flex shaft in them?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I am really enjoying the 3 wood and 5
woods but really thinking about a shaft change but I love the heads

I am really enjoying the 3 wood and 5
woods but really thinking about a shaft change but I love the heads

I'm actually thinking of grabbing a 4 wood.

I'm actually thinking of grabbing a 4 wood.

One of my favorite fairway woods

3 for 3 today and one of the most workable clubs I have in the bag. Can cut, draw and hit the Texas bullet w/ my 3W. Love having this in the bag. Can't overlook having the UST Platinum fairway shaft in there. It's so good.

Back