Cart-girl "talent"

I'm not gonna lie and say I don't notice things but I go out of my way to not be that creepy middle aged guy.

It's so awkward when someone you're playing with starts trying to lay the Mack down.

It's like your buddy at the strip club. There is always the " she wants me dude " guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Always the guy who does everything he can to take it too far. It's sad.

Because everyone thinks if they weren't married they could score with her. Its very strange.

And the truth of it is, they'd say "Ewww....get the @#$#$ away from me you fat old man." #realitycheck

Played in a tournament years ago where the cart girls were brought in from one of the local gentlemen's establishments. They did very little in the way of serving beverages but still racked up the tips (no pun intended). Several groups had high rollers that kept the girls pretty busy. We were not one of those groups, but saw a show or two when holes backed up, which they frequently did.

Give 'em hell!

All I hope out of the cart girl is that they come around more than once and have rum. I'm not out there to try and check out the cart girls, I'm trying to golf. :shrug;

Cart girls could cease to exist and I wouldn't even notice.

Play a lot in a retirement community ... "cart girl" takes on a whole different meaning ...

I have this one buddy I golf with who kinda creeps me out the way he stares at them... it's like come on dude could you be any less obviously mastering your domain in your mind? Creepy!

I live in rural Indiana. There are no cart girls.....

Thank God the cart girls don't rate the male golfers on their looks and attire! Well, none of us have to worry about that. LOL

Do the "nicer" golf courses pay the cart-girls more? What's the deal with the fancier golf clubs having 19 year old cart girls, with short shorts, cute smiles and flirty glances. And when you go to the lower end course, it's Marge the lunch lady who'e pushing 50, smoking butts on the cart and talks to you like your a scrub in her lunch line?

Enquiring minds want to know.

Revenue, it's the same reason bars hire attractive girls to work the bar. Dumpy muni's are not likely to have a focused beverage program or care that much about making money. A privately owned course with a big nut knows that f&b can be a huge money maker to a captivated audience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guilty, I will say I used to really look forward to seeing how cute the cart girl would be, ok heck I still dont mind if they are cute. But I've never been one to flirt with them or anything. I buy a power-aide usually when they come around, and just thank them. There have been times where I haven't bought anything the whole round, but try to catch them the last trip around a give them a small tip and just say, thanks for being out here.

I guess I'm lucky, I've never played with the dudes who are inappropriate with the cart girls. I've had to look at people sideways a few times for things they said after she was gone.

I hear you guys on that one "creepy" guy...but that creep is usually a creep with pretty waitresses, bank tellers and every other decent looking girl out there, but let's not get all holier than thou here. You don't notice when your waitress is a pretty girl, has a nice smile, and, yes, has a nice attitude? After a certain age, you just stop noticing? I'm never flirty or inappropriate, but I am polite (yes, even to Marge the lunch lady) and tip well for good service.

Some of you guys need to lighten up...You don't have to be a scumbag to notice that some girls are pretty and some not so much...

Play a lot in a retirement community ... "cart girl" takes on a whole different meaning ...
Do they keep Geritol, prunes and joint cream on the beverage carts?

It's always fun to have a cute cart girl to stop and chat with. I'm definitely not hitting on her, but I think giving her a smile and asking how her day is going is appropriate. Hell, I'll even ask her to partake in a shot with the group if we're all doing it. Basically like I do when I'm at the bar.

I'm just happy if the dump i have to regularly play on has a cart girl come around... Somedays its 2 times a round, sometimes its 1. If she's nice, that's a bonus... Echoing Byron's point, i think most places aren't smart enough to have focused F&B programs around here... The ones that do, aren't stupid, and make sure the cart attendants at least have "personality"...

I hear you guys on that one "creepy" guy...but that creep is usually a creep with pretty waitresses, bank tellers and every other decent looking girl out there, but let's not get all holier than thou here. You don't notice when your waitress is a pretty girl, has a nice smile, and, yes, has a nice attitude? After a certain age, you just stop noticing? I'm never flirty or inappropriate, but I am polite (yes, even to Marge the lunch lady) and tip well for good service.

Some of you guys need to lighten up...You don't have to be a scumbag to notice that some girls are pretty and some not so much...
if this is what you think maybe your the creepy guy

To answer your OP specifically, I have not noticed a huge correlation between course quality and attractiveness of the cart girls. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter. I enjoy seeing bev carts when I'm thirsty. Doesn't matter much who's driving them.

I don't get the fascination with cart girls. Like somehow this round could turn into a Penthouse Forums submission.
I could tell you a story about this one time on the course but you probably wouldn't believe it is true...

It would be great to be able to hear the cart girls thoughts when these yahoos are trying to flirt and hit on them lol.

I won't say that I don't notice, but I am simply pleasant to them as they are doing a job -and that is regardless of how they look. I just think of my daughter who is 16 and very pretty, and I think of all the crap she would hear and I wouldn't want her dealing with that garbage.

It would be great to be able to hear the cart girls thoughts when these yahoos are trying to flirt and hit on them lol.

I won't say that I don't notice, but I am simply pleasant to them as they are doing a job -and that is regardless of how they look. I just think of my daughter who is 16 and very pretty, and I think of all the crap she would hear and I wouldn't want her dealing with that garbage.

The world would be a very different place if men remembered that the girl they are looking at/thinking about/etc is someone's daughter....

I'm fairly certain it has more to do with who applies for the job and who is likely to continue working the job. Those 'teenagers' as some have put it, they go back to school, or college. They are there because they earn tip money. Marge the lunch lady is probably just as good at the job. In fact, my experience is that both do their job just fine.

I could be way off base here, but I suspect some courses would just rather have "marge" work their the whole year, rather than deal with teenager turnover and people going back to school, but I could be wrong.

~Rock

I don't know what it is - but the last 2 rounds I have played I ONLY saw the cart girl on the 10th green after stopping at the halfway house or the 2nd tee...

At that point I have already gotten what I needed from the club/halfway house - just annoyed me....

With regards to talent, I don't really see a difference between the $30/round course talent and the $100+/round talent...they all wear a uniform of sorts and are pleasant...

Back