Chamblee in the booth

Templet0n

washed...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
snow..
Say what you will and most Chamblee negative takes have merit.

But I thought he was really good in the booth..

What say you?

So many Chamblee haters. Not me. His opinions are based on fact and few research those facts better than he does.

Say what you will and most Chamblee negative takes have merit.

But I thought he was really good in the booth..

What say you?
I thought he was really good in the booth, and I was surprised a bit. He wouldn’t be half bad, and I can’t believe I just put that in writing.

He did well in booth. and I'm not really a fan.

I thought he was really good in the booth, and I was surprised a bit. He wouldn’t be half bad, and I can’t believe I just put that in writing.
There are some things he is really good at. Breaking down swings I think is one of them. That is something the zinger just couldn’t do..

I’m pretty middle of the road when it comes to Chamblee but, have to say, I thought he did a great job in the booth. He’s knowledgeable, polished and had some good takes.

There are some things he is really good at. Breaking down swings I think is one of them. That is something the zinger just couldn’t do..
He didn’t analyze them well, no. I didn’t mind his player perspective though

The more time he has to focus on actual golf, and the less time he has to focus on how he feels about things in golf, the better.

The more time he has to focus on actual golf, and the less time he has to focus on how he feels about things in golf, the better.
Agreed. In this role he is really not trying to start controversy. In others he is..

His rumination over hole 17 at Sawgrass / Stadium forever ruined it for me. Every year it's like clock work, he relentlessly attacks that hole design. He is closed minded and will never come off his stance. The brow is too low on that one.

I muted him.

I missed it. I am not a chamblee hater as most are but I do think he's a bit of a tool and arrogant as hell

I am not generally a fan, but I found his commentary decent. Agree with others in that him talking about golf is better than him talking about how he feels about issues and controversial things in golf.

He was okay but man, do all golf announcers have to become masters of hyperbole before their mics go hot?!

He was better than what Azinger had become.

Wasnt a fan. I was expecting a fresh take.

He was better than what Azinger had become.
Zinger should have some free time, I expect to see him at the bike shop one of these weekends. Always enjoy chatting with him when he comes in on Saturdays.

Zinger should have some free time, I expect to see him at the bike shop one of these weekends. Always enjoy chatting with him when he comes in on Saturdays.
I like Zinger as a personality. But he became a big turn off in the booth to me…esp the last few years.

I like Zinger as a personality. But he became a big turn off in the booth to me…esp the last few years.
Not a fan of him as an announcer.

Fun fact; He does have some really cool motorcycles. He has an old school one with a sidecar that he used to let Coop ride around in when he would come by.

Fun fact; He does have some really cool motorcycles. He has an old school one with a sidecar that he used to let Coop ride around in when he would come by.
That’s cool. I remember seeing him do some show and it was all about his motorcycles. I want to say Davis Love was on that one doing the same. Just 2 members shy from being the Wild Hogs

Back