Championship today!

Ryan Law

Beating Adults at 13
Reaction score
Handicap
Front - 0
I have my league championship today at Rockland Golf Club 2:20 and tomorrow. We play from the foward tees, it's basically a bunch of kids hacking up a storm. I should probably win, as this is at my home course that I have been playing every day of the summer. I played in a tournament at Goose River which is most of the kids home course and the best was a 42, then a 47. I can shoot par, and just 2 days ago, I shot a -3 70. I plan on going an hour early, so what should I do?

I have my league championship today at Rockland Golf Club 2:20 and tomorrow. We play from the foward tees, it's basically a bunch of kids hacking up a storm. I should probably win, as this is at my home course that I have been playing every day of the summer. I played in a tournament at Goose River which is most of the kids home course and the best was a 42, then a 47. I can shoot par, and just 2 days ago, I shot a -3 70. I plan on going an hour early, so what should I do?

You shoot better than par at 13? I expect to see you on tour in 10 years.

Just do your normal stuff and warm up on the range and putt a bunch to get a feel for the greens. Good luck, and your scores are quite impressive.

Ice, from the forward tees at 5000 yards. I drive the ball well at around 200 yards with a draw, which is longer than a lot of adults I play with.

I agree with Dam, just do your normal warmup and play your game. Good luck man, I'm sure you'll do great.

Very impressive scoring there RL, just relax and think about fairways and greens don't think about the tournament and what winning means to you. Simply stay in the moment and execute the shot. Good luck and let us know how you do.

If you guys want some info on the league, just search midcoast junior golf association.

good luck, make sure you spend some time on the practice green and get a feel for the greens before going out.

Normal routine, have fun. Don't forget all the things you learned about your course all season.

Best of luck!

Have fun. Don't worry about the other players. You can't control what they do. Just play the course.

Good luck and just be yourself.

Tapped with LTEVO

Ice, from the forward tees at 5000 yards. I drive the ball well at around 200 yards with a draw, which is longer than a lot of adults I play with.

I hit the ball farther than that and my course is that long from the mens tees. Oh well. I just suck.

If you guys want some info on the league, just search midcoast junior golf association.

You need to play with better adults lol

Quoted the wrong post a minute ago

I meant to say:

You need to play with better adults lol

Good luck Ryan!

For the others in this thread, the Rockland GC doesn't have a range to warm up on. :-/ What can you do to warm up as best you can when you can't hit the range?

Ken

Stupidly enough, my go-to warm up when I can't hit balls, is hitting broken tees. There are usually a ton of them around the 1st tee, and it gives me something that will show if I make decent contact (to an extent), and allows me something to hit that won't do damage in close quarters.

Well, to be honest, I sucked. I shot a 51, but 43 was the best, so 35 is the magic number. I had 1 8, 2 7's, and a bunch of sixes. I am thinking that one guy will shoot 43, 45-49, for a total of 88-92. Another guy shot a 44, and he will probably shoot a 45-48 for a 89-92. So around 36-38 I need to shoot to have a chance.

khoover, I was going to play the triangle, 10,11,12. I didn't get the chance, so that screwed me up.

I came in 3rd total. I'll post the pic of the trophy later. They did a raffle, and I won a Vokey Spin Milled 60 degree wedge. Love it!

I came in 3rd total. I'll post the pic of the trophy later. They did a raffle, and I won a Vokey Spin Milled 60 degree wedge. Love it!
A trophy and a vokey wedge , I say you did very well , Way to go !

Hey man. I don't see your name anywhere on the results or tee time sheets? Can you help me please!

That's awesome. 3rd isn't bad and a new wedge is always fun!

Thanks guys, the wedge was awesome. JT, click on results and you'll see everything, except the championship.

What did you end up shooting then?

Oh. Haha. I found you. Ryan Lawerence. Got it. 51 isn't a very good score for being a scratch golfer :beat-up: but that's just my observation.

Back