Cleveland 588 CB Forged Irons

Love the look of these irons. Gorgeous. Between these and the Tour Preferred MC...

Well, the PXi's could make a difference, but according to all I've read and researched, like the PX Black wood shaft, the PXi's are supposed to offer the same performance just in a lighter package.

I have hit the PXi higher than I ever hit the PX

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

JRod, please tell me you hit these today? And please tell me what you thought.

JRod, please tell me you hit these today? And please tell me what you thought.

He went in a different direction

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

For the first time I mightily struggled with the 588 CB's on Sunday. The transition from the Burner 2.0's to the 588's had been seamless to this point, but finally I saw the dark side. HAHA.

First of all, my swing was way off, so take this for what it is worth. I just started softball season and I think my swing has been affected a little by that. The main problem I had was I couldn't hit the ball straight. My usual gentle draw has turned into a much more curvy version. Not a full on hook, but way more turnover than I am used to. I was left of almost every pin and only hit 8 GIR's. I also pulled a 4 iron into a hazard on a par 5 from 205 going for the green in 2. All of my misses were the same and it is all due to my swing flaws at the moment. I guess my initial thoughts on this are that if you have an off day with these and have a bit of a hook or slice swing going on, it is more penalizing than with a GI iron like the 2.0's. They just turn more. I am still in love with them, just a hiccup.

The good news is we finally had some warm weather up her and I got to see how these play in optimal conditions. It was sunny, 81*, and calm winds. Looks like my 4 iron is my 200-205 yard club, 5 iron 190. 7 iron was around 165-170 and PW 135. Looks like we have low to mid 70's temps for this weekend and I am playing 36 so I will have another great weather opportunity to game my 588 CB's. I am also going to hit the range tomorrow for a monster session to work out my kinks. I expect much better results this coming weekend, but who knows. It is golf you know.?!

i-T3Q9htS-L.jpg

Well, hello gorgeous! I can't wait to meet you in a couple of weeks. It's been so difficult building a relationship over the internet.

I hit these at the PGASS the other day and they are some of the best Irons I've hit in a long time. Right off the shelf they looked great, felt great, and the launch monitor said they were great! I'm thinking hard about these.

I hit these at the PGASS the other day and they are some of the best Irons I've hit in a long time. Right off the shelf they looked great, felt great, and the launch monitor said they were great! I'm thinking hard about these.

Oh man, the day I get to hit them, well, that's going to be a great day. I can't wait to get more feedback rolling in this thread.

Dude, right off the shelf they have tons of mojo, I've been a Mizzy fan for a long time, and I truly think these are a better iron, you'll love them.

Dude, right off the shelf they have tons of mojo, I've been a Mizzy fan for a long time, and I truly think these are a better iron, you'll love them.

Thanks TB! That means a ton. I've read a lot of great things about them so I am excited.

Long distance relationships are tough. Time for the 588's to come home! We are going to have all kinds of things to chat about very soon, TC!

i-T3Q9htS-L.jpg

Well, hello gorgeous! I can't wait to meet you in a couple of weeks. It's been so difficult building a relationship over the internet.

That is purdy.

These & the Adams were my favs at the outing

Sent from my DROID X2

Long distance relationships are tough. Time for the 588's to come home! We are going to have all kinds of things to chat about very soon, TC!

Yes we are. I'm an iron lush, so I'm pumped.

That is purdy.

That is an excellent picture. GG took it, didn't she?

These & the Adams were my favs at the outing

Sent from my DROID X2

I'd love to hear your feedback on these buddy. What did you like so much about them?

That is an excellent picture. GG took it, didn't she?

If its a good picture on THP, odds are its from her.

At least you're honest.

Spill the beans JB, did you order these?

At least you're honest.

Spill the beans JB, did you order these?

I havent ordered anything as of yet. I do love these, but I think Cleveland has an entire lineup that works rather well. Truth be told, I believe any one of their tools would make me a better golfer as a staffer in the Morgan Cup.

I absolutely loved these irons at the Outing. They are beautiful and feel very good, not to mention that they put a good whack on the ball.

That is a gorgeous looking iron in deed!!

I absolutely loved these irons at the Outing. They are beautiful and feel very good, not to mention that they put a good whack on the ball.

Get in those review threads Seth. Tons of people looking for demo day feedback and tons of threads up already.

Back